Which ex move do you think is the best?

ff warrior

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I think that Tidus' ex mode is the best, I mean he has like the easiest one of them all!!!

Best EX modes are easily Terra, Kefka, OK, Cloud, and Tidus, in that order

Terra dual cast buffs up all her spells and gives her ex specific combos

Kefkas magic buffs allows him to have 4 wwfs out at once, which can easily end a match

OK in ex mode can hurt as much as squall, which is incredible for a chipper

Cloud and Tidus both get their attack power double, however Clouds is better due to having all his brave moves given hp attack priority, while Tidus just got more speed(like he needed it)

The next best ex modes would probably be Bartz, Garland, CoD, Gabranth, and Kuja, as each have EX modes that can completely change their styles of play

Firion, for his ability to absorb HP, which he can hit with much easier than the Emperor. Kefka, for how ridiculously hard his magic becomes to dodge. Cloud, for becoming unblockable, getting an increase in attack power, & having an EX Mode every bit as overpowered as the original Omnislash. Shanttotto, for being able to use HP attacks without penalty. Gabranth, for becoming a beast & actually being able to charge it up.

Garland, Ultimecia, Golbez, & Sephiroth deserve honorable mention, because they have unique moves that can get you out of a pinch. Over all, though, their EX Modes aren't that great.

The worst EX Mode, I feel, is Zidane's. I can't even tell what the fuck it's supposed to do. I've DEFINITELY been damaged while jumping & what does jumping 15 times even help you with, anyway?

At least emperor has a pressuring option so the opponent will actually come to him, unlike Firion =P

Shantotto still has difficulties landing an hp, so her ex mode doesnt help at all =P

As for gabranth, while he does get faster, and stronger, it doesnt compare to the strengths of many other ex modes.

The worst ex modes are easily WoL's(it actually ruins his combos and does overall LESS damage), Exdeath's(who the hell is actually gonna attack an exdeath in Ex? It actually does the opposite of what exdeath wants) Zidane's(useless indeed) and Sephiroth's(why would someone that breaks as easily as sepiroth ever need to lower their opponents brave? Anyone that actually goes after you is an idiot)

Cloud's Ex Mode.

The fact that he becomes unblockable coupled with his astounding attack power makes him very destructive. He can smash up Brave Points that can then be used to decimate his opponent in his Ex Burst (y)

The thing is that Gabranth can go into EX Mode & use EX Bursts multiple times in relatively quick succession.

I actually like Sephiroth's EX Mode in part for Glide, because it makes it easier to set up some of his attacks.

If the enemies won't come to Firion, he can shoot them with Straight Arrow.

As for Exdeath, the only answer I can come to is to use it for the Burst or with skills that allow him to be in EX Mode for long periods of time.

Although I said Cloud as well, as long as I'm playing Devil's Advocate, I may as well point out that Cloud's techniques tend to be rather awkward to try & hit someone with. Destructive power & unblockability kind of doesn't mean much when you're trying to hit an enemy by being exactly 5 feet over top of it.

How is Warrior of Light weakened by his EX Mode?

but this is asking the best EX MODE, not the ability to go into ex mode quixkly

Omni air dash removes all need for Sephiroth's glide easily =/

Youre underestimate how easy a straight arrow is to avoid, and one can simply dash away from fire and not even come in contact with it

no matter how long you stay in ex mode, the opponent can stall just as long, as EX will never be indefinite. And exdeath's slowness makes it relatively hard for him to get ex cores. And with the opponent refusing to attack Exdeath, hes already greatly weakened

Cloud in ex is actually the ultimate defense. The fact that double cut, a 13 frame move, now has hp attack priority means that you can use it as a guard instead. A guard that wont be punished if missed, and can counter guards as well improves his game greatly

WoL is unable to do his aerial combos in ex. The attack boost he gets is weaker then the aerial combos, which is a great let down =/

To be fair, this thing says "EX Move." I don't know what the Hell he's talking about, other than that it has something to do with EX Modes.

I don't believe I've never had a problem with Warrior of Light in EX Mode. I'm pretty sure I've been able to switch over to Bitter End.

I've seen people keep characters in EX Mode for 10 minutes & still be nowhere near depletion of the guage. What are these hypothetical people planning on doing to win, hope the other person's battery runs out before theirs? What if Exdeath simply forces them to attack by using non-counter moves?

I thought about Omni Dash, but Glide can actually get Sephiroth around obstacles. Like I said, he's not the best, but he has some useful gimmicks. As for Straight Arrow, it is relatively easy to dodge, but considering the EX Mode overrated simply by presuming one will not get hit...it just seems like an underestimation, to me.

Last edited:
its not a problem, but if you pay some attention to the damage, you notice that he actually does less, which is the opposite of what an ex should do

All of exdeaths non counter moves are horribly laggy and punishable. along with the fact that the only one that could come close to hitting a turtle is his projectile, which really is horrible. Most exdeaths dont even have anything equipped but RP, high guard, and omni

His gimmicks may be useful, but compared to what other characters have, his is alot worse

Put yourself in the opponent place. AN opponent is firing straight arrow. You can clearly see the arrow coming, and can easily avoid. Unless you are attacking, blocking, or dodging, one is never normally hit by a straight arrow

Assuming I'm not using any of the characters that can bitchslap it away, like Jecht, I would most likely dodge. This is only a temporary solution to which the other me, in my strategical genius, promptly formulates a plan that roughly translates to "keep firing arrows at him." If I try to get close, I'm in danger of being hit in the face by it. I can probably get to a place where I have some movement options, but I know that the other me has omni air dash. So, even if I try to sneak up to him, I'll be a jerk about it & fly away. As well, if I get behind something, the other me will adjust his angle. Depending on the stage & the individual circumstances, I could either corner myself & use Weaponmaster or keep trying with the arrows. The more I pump out, the harder it will be for me to dodge, & it only takes 1.

Naturally, it's not an unbeatable plan, but Operation: Run Like a Little Bitch usually works.

I'm gonna level with you, my Exdeath is like level 5. I suppose I can concede that the EX Mode may be useless in practice. As I've said before, I don't have much to go on in that regard.

The nice thing about Sephiroth, I suppose, is that I have a way out when I'm completely fucked. You ever reduce someone's Brave from 9999 to 1 while in Break, then use an EX Burst on them? It's like a natural nerd high.

I may have to be on the lookout for WoL, but odds are that I won't be able to tell, because of the EX Mode critical boost & then the critical boost I gave him on top of that.

remember, they wont need to get close to you. All they need to do is stay at that range and dodge/block those arrows. You can keep firing arrows, but theyll always be easy to dodge and block

Ive never let my opponent get to 9999 as sephiroth. Im sephiroth for god's sake, I can rack up brave in an instant

well in his air combos, you get the automatic sneak boost from dodging in the correct manner and whatever other crit you may come across, but if you have full crits on an air combo, it does near triple the amount youll do in ex

You don't really so much "let" them do anything when they pull Deathguise out of their asses.

People make mistakes, & when they do, they get a glowing arrow in the face.

but even so, instead of relying on heartless, one can just do a few combos and watch as their brave withers down, and youll actually get that brave. The fact that crits do more damage the more brave your opponent has makes it even better

believing people will make mistakes against straight arrow is really naive. Someone thats played the game enough nows how to avoid consistently, as its not that hard to avoid. And if worst comes to worst, they can just dash around all day.

No, it's naive to believe that people will never make mistakes. You're fighing a human, not a robot. Your entire ability to win is based on your opponent making mistakes.

Personally, I think it's crazy to directly attack an opponent that can one-shot you, unless you have to. Discretion is the better part of valor.

you can avoid a straight arrow from just walking >.> Its not hard at all

unless its Zidane, I wouldnt at all be afraid of approaching them

I'd say the best EX Modes are the two mages who get insane boosts in EX mode (terra and kefka). They also become hard to dodge. By the way, is WoL's combos infinite or can they be avoided?

Honestly, I think Terra's EX Mode is good, but not the greatest. It's still pretty easy to avoid Tornado, Meltdown, Blizzard, etc. even if there's 2 of them. I'm willing to bet that you could probably even dodge Holy Combo without too much difficulty.

Back