Which ex move do you think is the best?

My favorite EXmode, is Kefka's, His magic goes wacky, and does all sorts of wonderful things, like doubling the hits, or how many projectiles you send out. its just fun to pummel your opponent over and over with magic before nailing them with a havoc wing or Forsaken Null, then Boom, Warring Triads. :wacky:

Now my favorite EXBurst is a tie.
For damage and execution, i love Kujas Final Requiem. It does alot of hits, and gets good damage in before dealing the final HP blow. It is outclassed by other EX bursts. But i personally love Kuja's
and the second is just funny as hell. Kefkas Warring Triad. It does good damage, but i just love what he says during "That was titillating.."

So those are my two favorite EX Bursts. Kefkas and Kujas.

Hey guys, just a reminder - let's try and add a bit more content here please. :) Thanks.

I don't know which is best, but I like Sephiroth's the most, and not just because he's a fav character of mine. I just find it painfully easy to execute (mash the button) and enjoyable to watch. The algorims (spelling?) that are displayed look pretty cool, and the whole supernova smashing down is pretty damn fantastic.

Aside from that I also like Cecil's, but his is much harder to activate. Zidane's is plenty easy to activate. I can almost always get all that's required with his, making him easy to level up. I don't care for Tidus's because I also find his a nusiance to get to work. Also, I love the way Warrior of Light looks in his. Knightly appearance pumped up? Awesome.

the fact that Terra in ex + alexander is an automatic kill, I would beg to differ

what if you have Scarmiglione as your summon? or Barbariccia even.

having said that Terra still has the best Ex-mode, but I really like Exdeath's too. finishing with Exdeath's Ex-burst is such a great feeling.

I'd say Gabranth has the best EX Mode. He's quicker, learns a better moveset, has extended combos that almost always end with the opponent breaking, and his EX Burst is amazing to watch every time. Here's a tourney video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcsBJAbpw9s

Last edited:
what if you have Scarmiglione as your summon? or Barbariccia even.

having said that Terra still has the best Ex-mode, but I really like Exdeath's too. finishing with Exdeath's Ex-burst is such a great feeling.

They wont even do anything once alexander activates, since the brave is frozen and will be protected from anything

@Alak: Gabranth's ex mode has the same damage output as squall, terra, kefka, cecil, and even OK's ex modes, while losing to 100% HP Cloud and Tidus

@Alak: Gabranth's ex mode has the same damage output as squall, terra, kefka, cecil, and even OK's ex modes, while losing to 100% HP Cloud and Tidus

You have to take into account more than just damage output. Gabranth in EX Mode is faster than all those names you just listed except Tidus. His combos string longer like Terra's but he can pull them off significantly quicker than she can ever hope to do. Not to mention ALL his HP attacks end in an EX Burst (no HP attack in normal mode) so as soon as you receive damage, just put down the PSP and watch the animation. What if the EX Burst doesn't kill the opponent? Just run to the other end of the map and recharge your EX Gauge and repeat the whole process. Since people in this topic decided to add in summons in the equation(Alexander for Terra), lemme point you to this thread:

http://www.dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366

Gabranth in EX Mode is a beast. He gives skilled ExDeath players a difficult time playing defense.

***EDIT***

Keep in mind that I am by no means saying that Gabranth is unbeatable in EX Mode nor am I saying he is the best character. I'm merely stating that his EX Mode is most effective. I'm not even going to argue EX Burst power since we all know Cloud wins in that regard.

Last edited:
OK is still faster

And Terra, Kefka, Cloud, and OK can easily link an hp after her their brave raping, which sets them apart from gabranth who can only brave rape. Tidus does more damage than gabranth, runs faster, and has just as easy a time landing hps. Even top gabranth players in the dissidia forums know that gabranth doesnt have the best ex mode, but instead the easiest time getting to it.

And cloud and Tidus do the same amount of damage in their bursts, but it is only strongest if they have full hp.

Last edited:
If you still believe so, then so be it. I'd like to see these comments from "top Gabranth players" if you can source them, but obviously I'm not going to successfully convince you since the topic at hand is completely subjective (and vice versa).

P.S.- Cloud does have the strongest EX Burst. You can easily find the results via Google >_>

Since I dont want to search through the dissidia forum just to find a few posts, Id suggest you just ask Hallabaloo and Rei-N yourself if you ever get an opportunity. However, Hallabaloo in his guide recommends that you never equip any ex duration boosters on gabranth, and Rei-N strictly never uses Gabranth in equipment due to his dislike of the prolonged ex mode as well as his dislike for the fact that people deem gabranth unusable in equipless do to his short time in ex mode.

also here is a list of the strongest ex modes developed by kraid and tested extensively

Cloud Full HP 2956
Tidus Full HP 2276
Terra 2164
Shantotto 2133
Garland 2058
ExDeath 2039
Sephiroth 2019
Golbez 1873
Emperor 1860
Kefka 1860
Ultimecia 1833
Cecil 1829
Firion 1808
WoL 1789
Bartz 1745
CoD 1704
Zidane 1617
Kuja 1598
OK Sage 1586
Jecht 1584
OK Ninja 1581
Squall 1562
Cloud 1 HP 1468
Tidus 1 HP 1167

Sepheroth, Gabranth , Cloud and Squall in that order. Sephy's is big and dangerous. Gabranth's is just cool. Clouds is unstoppable and Squall's is strong.(I'm good with squall)

He's not that great but my Squall's is my favorite, he's also my main. I think Lionheart is a badass move and it's my favorite out of all the FF limit breaks, if it wasn't for that I'd probably choose Cloud's.

Clouds,

i always use cloud to fight maximum master characters,since maximum enemies always block on time u get annoyed but in clouds ex mode u can thrash through there blocks and show them a lesson.

Back