gearspg16584732.jpg

gearspg26606177.jpg

gearspg36623114.jpg

gearspg46726228.jpg

gearspg56738603.jpg

gearspg66751644.jpg

gearspg76763783.jpg

gearspg86776221.jpg

Omg This is so cool. But the mechs gah looks like bioshock a bit but whatever. I see myself using Anya as she is the only new character along with the cornrows guy xD. I cant wait to see how this concludes though :awesome:

In the most recent issue of Game Informer magazine new information has been revealed about the third installment in the Gears of War series. We learned the first details about Gears 3 on the Jimmy Fallon Show which debuted the trailer back in April. So far we know that Dom has a beard, Anya fights with the boys, and Marcus has a new gun. But there's so much more.

It's been a year and a half since the fall of Jacinto and the Gears are now living aboard a converted aircraft carrier called the Raven's Nest. The government has disbanded and the survivors from the first two games call a make-shift flotilla their home. The crew rely on each other more than ever, which is highlighted in Gears 3 by the new four-player co-op. Marcus and Dom return to lead a new character named Jace Stratton and Anya Stroud.

Players can now trade weapons with each other or other soldiers in their battle against the lambent. This new enemy which first appeared in Gears of War 2 enters the game quickly when giant enemy crabs overtake the ship. These are a precursor to reanimated Locust troops called Drudges. When attacked, these enemies spawn tendril-like limbs that allow them to expand outward and upward, making cover a lot less safe. They'll also perform a last-ditch attack by blowing themselves up while running at the player.

To fight the new threat the players have access to a new "Pendulum-era lancer with a bayonet and more powerful, close-range rounds. There's also a redesigned hammerburst with a standard zoom, a sawed-off shotgun, and a massive one-shot rifle. One strange new weapon is the digger launcher which fires piranha-like creatures into the ground where they then seek and devour their targets.

The Locust still make an appearance along with new enemy classes like a grenadier and large, organic catapults. To face these larger threats, players can now suit up in a mechanized suit called a silverback. These come equipped with a rocket launcher and a heavy chain gun and can also be deployed as cover, allowing multiple team members to use the weapons.

There's also a new arcade mode that has highly visible scoring and stat tracking. Then it allows players to fiddle with variables including gravity, big-head mode, and sound effects. Arcade mode also includes an idea that appeared in Shadow Complex where players are alerted to how well their friends have done in a certain area.

As far as multiplayer, only two maps have been revealed including a ruined thrashball field and the sinking remains of Jacinto called Overpass. The multiplayer environments can alter dramatically during a match, like water flooding and receding from the ground. There's also a new multi-turret where players can affix their own weapons then hit a single trigger to fire bullets in four directions.

The article also promises a host of new executions using almost all of the weapons and more importantly, we'll finally learn the secret behind Adam Fenix and his plan to save the planet.

I cant wait for GoW 3. Ive been a fan since it came out ( I have a violent childhood. ) The first was the best. I got the Gameinformer on the 3rd about a month or two ago and Its looks like its gunna' kick some ass. The second however was not as fun. It was just visually better. But Im getting Gears 3 as soon as it comes out. Then all I need to do is get my X-Box fixed. Red rings of death : 2. It overheats. O well.

Cliff said something about a new mode called beast in Gears of war III. I wonder what could it be :hmmm:

I knew Epic games wouldn't let us down, truly a masterpiece visually >-< I mean we won't know until we've actually played, but so far I've been hearing good feedback from most who played it at E3. I hope they didn't change to many techs either. I'm going to be pissed if I can't Wall Bounce or Superman anymore>x<

i havent really read into anything about it cause im not much of a GOW fan. I buy the games pretty much for co-op campaign and thats it. The multiplayer has always been shit to me. But hopefully this games lives up to this hype and doesnt flop like gow2.

i havent really read into anything about it cause im not much of a GOW fan. I buy the games pretty much for co-op campaign and thats it. The multiplayer has always been shit to me. But hopefully this games lives up to this hype and doesnt flop like gow2.

Really multiplayer is that bad to you? Well over the last two Gear games there multiplayer has progressively gotten better I would know because GOW1 Multiplayer was crap you couldn't chainsaw duel nor set up grenade mines. I thought that was a huge installment in GOW2. Think about it those two small elements made the game more amazing than before. GOW3 shouldn't be a disappointment in multiplayer or in any other mode they set up.

The First Official Gears of War 3 Campaign Trailer is Here, Updated with HD Screenshots

A little over a week ago we told you about a Gears of War 3 Campaign Teaser that was released, and that the full version would be released tonight. Well here it is! If you ask us, any trailer featuring Black Sabbath’s War Pigs can only be described as epic. Watch it below, and let us know what you think. “Brothers to the End”

Update#1

Horde Mode in Gears 3 gets previewed, Beast Mode videoed

Gears of War 3′s on the showroom floor at E3 this week, and D’toid got its hands on it and even got to play around with the game’s Horder mode, known as Horde 2.0.

gears31.jpg

An updated version of the mode from Gears 2, it has added command posts and fortifications players choose on the game map. Whatever area you choose for a fortification will depend upon your play style, and you can can also upgrade the command posts as you progress. You will do this by spending money earned on building up defenses, adding turrets, and making use of decoys, and much more. You earn more cash for the amount of kills you make, and you can use it to upgrade or repair your fortification before the next wave of enemies come.

Horde mode in Gears 3 features five different Locust and Lambents, and for every 10 waves out of 50 total, you will have to face-off against a boss. Bonus Objectives and “mutators” will be added, such as getting a certain number of head-shots in the time allotted. Cash and bonus items are handed out upon completion of these missions. Mutators include big head mode and a laugh track in the background.

You can read up on the Horde 2.0 preview over on D’toid.

Meanwhile, EvilAvatar has posted a video of the Beast Mode. It’s shakycam footage from the floor, but it works.

Gears of War 3 releases worldwide on September 20 for Xbox 360.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/08/hor...ets-previewed-beast-mode-videoed/#more-178470

Update#2

Microsoft has released the latest screenshots,character artwork and weapon reveals.

<dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon">
</dt></dl> <dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon">
</dt></dl> <dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon">
</dt></dl> <dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl><dl class="gallery-item"><dt class="gallery-icon"> </dt></dl>http://vegivo.com/2011/06/10/here-i...n-screenscharacter-portraits-and-new-weapons/

Update#3

E3 2011: Gears of War 3 Horde Mode 2.0 Preview

There's more Gears of War 3 news coming your way, even though we just saw a demo earlier today regarding the single-player campaign. After the first day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Epic Games and Microsoft held an event in the evening to highlight the new mode, Horde 2.0, but it was also a party where rapper and voice actor Ice-T came onstage to perform with his band, Body Count. GameSpot was there as well, speaking to executive producer Rod Fergusson and creative director Cliff Bleszinski, as well as the voice cast from the game.

This was our first opportunity to get some hands-on time with the new mode, and after spending a good amount of time in the competitive beta, we found Horde 2.0 quite enjoyable. Competitive Gears of War multiplayer required a lot of teamwork to be successful, and in Horde mode that teamwork is mandatory if you hope to fend off 50 waves of locusts and the glowing lambents. In a team of five, you have to defeat the oncoming rush, and at least one person must survive. However, during some waves, our objective was to keep everyone alive.

One major change that you'll notice right away is that now there is the ability to build fortifications on the map. The map we were playing on was called "Hotel," so the once-ritzy hotel lobby made a great base for us to fortify and defend. Between each wave you'll have 30 seconds to walk around and add barricades, turrets, decoys, and sentry guns to help in the next round. There is a currency system now, so in order to repair, build, revive yourself, or even pick up certain weapons, there's a fee. You'll earn cash by killing enemies and helping your teammates, and the more you play this mode, the more cool items you'll unlock--one of them being the silverback, a mech suit which we saw in the campaign demo. We didn't get to play with the silverback, but a new weapon that we came across was the cleaver, a ridiculously large sword that drags along the ground when you run, leaving sparks. It's not the most efficient weapon, especially when it's a bit slow and you're swinging pretty wildly with it. But it makes short work of locusts when they're right in front of you.

Given that it is a cooperative game, you can always help your teammates out by sharing ammo or swapping weapons. You can even be a mooch and ask for money. This changes up the strategy quite a bit, as each wave gets progressively harder. But your base will slowly expand over the course of 50 waves as well, so you can upgrade and secure a larger perimeter. Every 10 waves you'll face a boss wave, where instead of drones and the not-so-bright Boomers, you're likely going to have to fend off the larger Brumaks or the shrieking Berserkers. It'll be an intense round for sure, but what keeps you on your toes is that in each wave, the enemy types are randomized, so sometimes you'll need to change up your strategy a bit to be more efficient.

The hotel map was a nice change from the maps that we've grown accustomed to in the beta, and the layout was clearly designed for this mode in mind. Even though it's clear the city has seen better days, there was some foliage decorating the streets and hotel interior to give the map some semblance of life. The environment was more colorful and vibrant thanks to the lavish hotel interior and extra palm trees. It was even easier to identify teammates in the distance because the blue in their armor was bright and stood out more.

Another feature that has been added to Horde 2.0 but that we didn't see is Mutators, where you can adjust the difficulty in private matches and customize the game types. If you've messed around with Big Head mode during the beta, you can do the same here and give the enemies giant heads and squeaky voices. One last thing to point out is that there is host migration, so in the event that the host quits, the match will continue. As always, there will be plenty of ribbons, medals, and weapon skins to unlock, so you can get in on all of this when Gears of War 3 is released on September 20.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/631820...horde-mode-20-preview?tag=top_stories;title;4

Update#4

E3 2011: Gears of War 3 - New Storytelling, Mechs, and Stunning Sights

Spoiler Alert: The following preview contains information about the single-player campaign of Gears of War 3.

Say what you will about the plot of Gears of War 2, but I happened to enjoy its pacing much more than the original. I felt like I was progressing at a good pace and appreciated that. So it'll be interesting to see how the tweaked narrative in Gears of War 3 will affect the pacing.

In the quick snippet of single-player that I saw, Marcus and the COGs were aboard the flotilla after Jacinto fell. Of course they aren't as safe as they believe, and a lambent leviathan, or as I like to call it, the Kraken, attacks the ship.

Its crazy lambent-infected eye peers menacingly over Marcus and his friends aboard the ship, and the crew jumps to action. Marcus and Dom head over to the nearby one-person mechs, called Silverbacks, while Baird and Cole take point on the bridge over the body of water. The plan is for Marcus and Dom to get the nasty creature carefully into position underneath the destroyed part of the bridge so that Baird and Cole can dump a crate full of tickers (small, explosive Locusts) onto it.

Marcus and Dom head over to the Silverbacks and saddle up to unleash loads of bullets into the leviathan's flesh. The Silverbacks are pretty bad-ass – you stomp around like a mini-tank and can smash any enemies that manage to get past your heavy fire with the press of the B button. After damaging the leviathan's eye with the Silverbacks, the damn thing sprouts polyps (crab-like creatures that spread the lambent infection). Thankfully, right on schedule, the tickers are tossed onto the unsuspecting monster. All is right in the world.

At this point the campaign rewinds to when the Kraken first attacks. This time, you'll play as Baird and Cole and there's quite the sight to behold. From your birds-eye view you can easily see the ornery leviathan trying to feast on your fellow COGs below. It's a stunningly beautiful, yet scary moment. You'll want to stare at how pretty everything looks, but if you don't work fast, your buds will become infected or even killed.

The crew works its way down to the ticker crate, making a pit stop to see the new two-player cooperative weapons – the Vulcan Cannon. The cannon is a powerful weapon to use; one player will control the iron sights and trigger while the other will constantly crank a lever to keep feeding their pal bullets. If done correctly, the Vulcan Cannon can unload around 900 bullets into an enemy. Not too shabby. With that weapon on their side, the team successfully saves the day. The only problem is that the lambent isn't the only thing that explodes when the tickers land – the war torn bridge finally caves thanks to the proximity of the blast and Baird and crew go plummeting down towards the cold, cruel sea.

Ah, cliffhangers. You won't need to worry about them in Gears of War 3, though, as this is the end of the trilogy. But that doesn't mean it's the last you'll see of Gears of War. It's clear that the team at Epic Games is pouring a lot of time and thought into the final chapter, and Design Director Cliff Bleszinski confirmed that the campaign will be longer than both Gears of War and Gears of War 2 by "a decent amount."

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1174079p1.html

Last edited:
It’s about that time again, time to consider your preorder options for Gears of War 3. Below is everything you need to know to make an educated decision on who you will be giving your money to.
First let me start with the different game editions that are available.

Limited Collectors Edition – $79.99

images

- Octus Service Medal: a replica of Adam Fenix’s medal he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn
- Adam Fenix multiplayer skin
- Fenix Family Mementos
- The “Last Will and Testament” of Adam Fenix
- The original Hammer of Dawn schematics
- COG Flag

Epic Edition – $149.99

gears_of_war_3_epic_edition_xbox_3601.jpg

- Limited edition Marcus Fenix statue
- “The Art & Design of Gears of War” book containing 96 pages of interviews, photos, and concept artwork
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack: Custom multiplayer skins for the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun

Limited Edition 320GB Gears of War Console Bundle – $399.99

Image.aspx

- 2 custom Gears wireless controllers
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack
- Standard Edition Gears of War 3
- Gears startup and eject sounds

Gamestop Exlusive: Gears of War 3 Retro Lancer Bundle – $139.99

Jb5B3T1Poj2qYmeoKjHy6PCZlTuS0eEQ.jpg

- Gears of War 3 Standard Edition
- Retro Lancer Replica (pure awesome sauce)

Gamestop Exlusive: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition Retro Lancer Bundle – $229.99
- Gears of War Epic Edition (refer to earlier in for full description)
- Retro Lancer Replica

Ok now that you know the different editions available, we will continue onto the special preorder bonuses available at different retailers. For the most part, the only thing they are offering is multiplayer skin codes but a few are also throwing in gift cards as well.

Amazon.com

SavageKantus_large.jpg

Preorder with Amazon and they will give you a Savage Kantus multiplayer skin code. Also if you are ordering the standard edition they will give you a $20 gift card towards a future game purchase.

Best Buy

Best-Buy-Mechanic-Baird-Pre-order.jpg

Best Buy will include a Mechanic Baird multiplayer skin code.

Walmart.com

1113000232555_AV_500X5001S.jpg

Walmart will include a Savage Grenadier Elite multiplayer skin. And since Amazon and Walmart are constantly battling each other, Walmart will also be including a $20 e-gift card.

Gamestop

gears3bonus_LG.jpg

A Commando Dom multiplayer skin is what Gamestop is throwing your way.

In the end it doesn’t matter where you get your game but simply that you get this sure to be amazing game.

http://saveandquitgaming.com/gears-of-war-3-preorder-edition-breakdown/

Gears of War is the only shooting game that I like and will ever play (besides FFDOC and 1 tomb raider game) the first one is the only game i did by myself, I beat 2 on co-op with my little cousin, and after we beat it I tried doing it alone and couldnt do it, So gears of war 3 im gonna co-op again this year, Cant wait to play as the female gear (Finally) ill let my brother be marcus for once (only if i can be the female gear and not dom).

Gears of War 3 'Forces of Nature' DLC emerges March 27

Here we were thinking the battle for humanity was wrapped up in the Gears of War universe and Epic Games goes and ruins our celebration with new downloadable content! Revealed on GTTV tonight [via Side Mission], the "Forces of Nature" DLC will add three new maps to Gears of War 3 dubbed Aftermath, Artillery, and Cove along with two returning locales, Jacinto and Raven Down.

Revealed by Epic executive produce Rod Fergusson, each map is described as taking place in the middle of or in the aftermath of a natural disaster. Gears of War 3 'Season Pass' holders will get the content free when it launches on March 27. No price was established for the DLC, but previous multiplayer DLC was made available for 800MS Points ($10).

In addition to the maps, the DLC includes four character models, three of which were previously available as a pre-order bonus (seen after the break); five new weapon skins for immediate use; and two skins only unlockable via the Forces of Nature content. It's a good thing we didn't bronze our Lancers, because it looks like more grubs need killing.

PSA: Gears of War 3 'Forces of Nature' maps out today

A quick note for all the Gears of War 3 players out there: The "Forces of Nature" map pack is now available on Xbox Live. The pack contains the three new maps Aftermath, Artillery and Cover, as well as the return of Raven Down and Jacinto. It also tosses in several new multiplayer characters.

Forces of Nature is free to season pass holders. For everyone else, it's 800 MS Points ($10). See a ludicrous number of map videos after the break.

Gears of War 3 - Force of Nature DLC

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/27/psa-gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-maps-out-today/#continued

Update

Gears 3: Forces of Nature map pack gets HD rundown

After its public release yesterday and now played to death in-game, VG247 video editor Sam Clay takes a look at the five new maps that consist of Gears of War 3′s final map pack, Forces of Nature.

There’s near six minutes of COG on Locust action throughout the new maps. The maps in question are three totally new maps: Aftermath, Artillery, and Cove, as well as two remade maps: Jacinto and Raven Down.

Forces of Nature is out now on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 MS points

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/28/gea...-nature-map-pack-gets-hd-rundown/#more-247098

Last edited:
Back