What TV shows do you own on DVD?

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
Was just thinking about this yesterday when I was going through a Big W catalogue that had a lot of boxsets that I really wanted. >.<

So what T.V shows do you actually own on DVD?

Also, just to keep away from spammy posts, tell us about the series, or even just pick one in particular that you especially really like.

I own:

* The O.C - Seasons 1-4
* Xena Warrior Princess - Seasons 1-6
* Summer Heights High - Only has 1 Season anyway
* Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Seasons 1-5
* My Name is Earl - Seasons 1-4
* Red Vs Blue - I think it was on T.V at one stage? - Seasons 1-5 + Bonus content disc
* Family Guy - Seasons 1-8
* Thank God You're Here - Seasons 1-4
* Heroes - Season 1

Need:

- Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Seasons 6-7 when they come out on DVD.
- Heroes Season 2

I think my favourite out of this collection would have to be The O.C and My Name is Earl.

I've watched The O.C countless times. It was the best T.V show ever in my opinion.

My Name is Earl is freakin' hilarious! I never used to watch this until Steve told me about it and now I love it more then him.

Also Thank God You're Here is such a brilliant show for those who've not seen it! It's basically getting comedians and sometimes people from Aussie T.V shows to come on and basically get thrown into a scene where there is always a different event going on.

They get dressed up as something and not quite sure what they're meant to be until they go into the next room and people run up to them and always say 'Thank God you're here' and then the person is given a bit of a chance to work out what they might be doing in this scenario.

Sometimes they adapt to it and flow really well with what's going on and are actually really funny with the stuff they come up with. Sometimes they're not quite sure what to say and sort of get a bit embarressed. >.<

You must watch one of Hamish! :gasp:

Shows:

This is my favourite of Hamish, but the quality is crap and it's the only one of this episode I could find. >.<

And another:

Last edited:
The only TV show DVD's I own are:
Friends, Seasons 1-10
Beavis and Butthead, Mike Judge Collections 1-3

The only other show I would like to get on DVD is Two and a Half Men, just because it is such a funny show. Getting The Big Bang Theory on DVD would be pretty sweet as well.

I currently own these:

* Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 1
* Xena: Warrior Princess Season 1 - 6
* Heroes Season 1

I've seen Buffy and Heroes, but I'm slow at watching Xena at the moment. I never saw the show since I was too young to watch it and got it a while ago at a great offer of £70 on ebay. I do want to get the rest of the Heroes seasons as well as the Buffy and Angel ones. Might want the Charmed ones as well. Unfortunately, I don't always have the money to buy boxsets because they're so expensive over here.

i currently own
band of brothers
The Charmed ones Season 1

i would like to get all lost seasons because i like the story, it's a complexed mystery and i like those kind of things and ofcourse the other charmed ones seasons. that show is awesome because i like magic and supernatural stuff.

I don't own much :hmmm: But I'd like to get some more.

I have:
* Skins series 1-3 (I have 2 copies of series 3, because I bought 3 and then I wanted 1 and 2, but the 1-3 boxset was cheaper than the 1-2 boxset :wacky:)
* Heroes seasons 1-3. I haven't watched any of season 4 as of yet... need to do that.
* And the Fruits Basket anime. Which I really wish they'd continued, it only goes up to book 8/23 :hmmm:

That's it... I'd really like to get Skins series 4. I don't watch that many TV shows so I don't think there are any different shows I'd like to own on DVD.

I own the Mario Bros Super Show Episodes 1-6 on DVD :awesome:

I plan to buy Smallville seasons soon.

[Mod Edit: Can you please read the first post and expand on your post more. This could be elaborated on a lot more. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
the ones that i own are
Friends seasons 1 - 10
24 seasons 1 - 5
Band of Brothers
Ultimate Force Seasons 1 - 4
A Town Called Eureka Season 1
American Dad Season 3
CHUCK seasons 1 - 2

[Mod Edit: Can you please try to expand on your post more. Simply listing what you own is not enough. Could you pick at least one of them and talk about them to make your post contribute to the thread more. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own many TV Show DVDs, but the ones that I do have are top quality. Here's my list:

Prison Break (season 1&2)

I usually don't like to watch action TV shows but when I saw commercial on TV of this show, I got interested immediately because it sounded so different and a fresh idea. Writers are just pure geniuses, plot twists are unbelievably good and make your heart beat faster of excitement every time :D Even my parents watched this with me although they hate TV shows that include shooting with guns, cursing, bloodshed etc. Unfortunately season 3 sucked so I haven't bought it and I'm currently watching season 4 from TV, it's much better than previous season.

That 70's Show (season 1-7)

I watched this show with my sister when I was a little kid. Most of the characters are teenagers so they like to talk a lot about perverted stuff (not too much though). I thought the show was funny and about 3 years ago when I was 16 I remembered it again and decided to buy the first season. It was even funnier now that I understood all of the jokes that I didn't get when I was little :) I just like how they hang out with each other, have fun and don't think too much about their future. It's very easy to relate to them as they're teens and have this teenager's sense of humour. Of course there has to be parents too, especially "main" character's father is hilarious; angry, strict, sarcastic, emotionless but still a loving father. Sometimes I wonder why Friends is more popular than this show. I mean Friends is a good show too but many young people watch it and it would make sense that they'd like to watch more series like 70's show where they can relate to characters easier as they are around the same age as the young audience and they act and think the same way. Anyways, this show is one of my favorites and I haven't heard anyone say that it's bad! :monster:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (season 1-7 boxset)
Angel season 1

I've never really been arsed about anything enough to get it on DVD (or VHS, as was the case when I started collecting the Buffys) But I just had to have the Buffys, I've had loads of Buyythons and never get bored, I just love it. The finale of the first season kinda makes me cringe abit, but I grew up with it, so I'm allowed to fondly watch it with a tear in my eye at how cheesy some of it is

Love it

I still need to aquire the other Angel box sets, I never watched it as religiously as Buffy, but I still want them all just because...:8F:

I really want the Doctor Who's as well, I love that show so much. I've loved it ever saince I was a kid and I used to shit myself at the Daleks, I almost wet myself when I found out it was coming bacl, so I'd love to get them as well

still game
because youre not scottish if you dont have at least some of this. all the characters are believable and i think its generally brilliant. ive had some real (sore) belly laughs out of this.

black books

the humours right up my street theres just something priceless about bill bailey and the paddy drunkard.

the league of gentlemen

again, right up my street, i think its brilliant worth every penny of however much i paid for it.

nighty night

christmas present i think. mildly hilarious. fank you jill. yes jill. no jill. peas goin' in jill.

catterick
vic, bob, the best part of matt lucas (the part you see very little of in little britain) and a quarter of the brains behind league of gentlemen, hugely underrated, extremely hilarious (imo).

planet of the apes

not really watched it. dont know why i bought it.

king of the hill
because if i was an american id want to be hank hill

i also got severe belly laughs out of black books, league of gentlemen, catterick and nighty night. all excellentay (y)

I have Seasons 1 and 3 of Lost, I have most of the series on VHS but am gradually trying to collect the DVD versions in order to have them commercial-free since it's my favorite non-anime or animated TV show :D

I also have Beavis and Butt-head: The Mike Judge Collection vol. 2, which I actually just got used for like $10 from a video rental store that's going out of business. I was pleased to find out also that it has a bunch of the music videos in it, because I'd heard at one point that the DVD sets didn't have them, I figured because of a licensing issue or something :hmmm:

I recently got Last Exile: The Complete Series on DVD too, which is awesome :britt: It's one of my favorite animes and it's got nice artwork in the case. Haven't had a chance to rewatch it yet but I can't wait :D

And I have discs 8-11 of Fullmetal Alchemist--"The Altar Of Stone," "Pain and Lust," "Journey to Ishbal," and "Becoming the Stone." I actually had to buy them because I had been recording the rest of the series on TV and missed most of these for various reasons, but now that I have them I'll probably get the other ones from the same collection eventually so I have a complete set, since it doesn't seem they'll ever release a complete series box set if they haven't already :hmmm: One thing that irritates me though is that I absolutely love the song from one of the main menus on one of the discs and I can't for the life of me find out what the name of it is :sad3:

Also, two others that I have are Metalocalypse: Season 1, and the original Aeon Flux series from MTV. These are more for my husband than me, but I still laugh at Metalocalypse quite a lot in between the grossness. Aeon Flux was a little meh imo, but it's still cool to have it because it's an original old-school MTV series :)

EDIT: I forgot Firefly :gasp: shame on me. Another awesome one, I just wish it was longer :sad3:

Last edited:
OZ seasons 1-6
Best show ever.

Lost Seasons 2-3
I didn't get a chance to watch them when they were on TV so I just went out and bought them because I couldn't be stuffed downloading them all.

Simpsons Seasons 1-10

ie all the good ones.

King of the Hill Seasons 1-2
Always good for a laugh.

Family Guy Seasons 5-6
Incredibly stupid at times, but I still find it funny so meh.

Twilight Zone Seasons 1 and 3
Although some episodes are just plain stupid, the show kick's ass as a whole

Rome Season 1

Technically my dad's but it's in my room therefore it's mine.

Dragonball full series
Good shit.

Dragonball Z first two boxsets
I was planning to collect it all but I really couldn't be stuffed buying another ten or so boxsets, so I just downloaded it.

Skins Seasons 1 -2
Awesome show

Fullmetal Panic (Complete series)
Pretty decent

Midori Days (Complete series)
Back when I had money I would splug on random things, this is one such thing.

Ninja Scroll (Complete series)
Had it for 4 years, still haven't watched it.

Beavis and Butthead Collection 1
I used to love this show, but this boxset taught me that too much of this show is torture.

I have Buffy boxset season 6. I loved this season I think it was the most dramtic and evil witch Willow scared me. I think its somewhere in my house. Its really weird the boxset costed me 54 dollars back then and now its like worth 20. lol

King of the Hill Seasons 1-4

Friends full Series

Sex and the City full Series

^ All from Engerland when I was there, and I do not have a hackable DVD player to play them ;-;

The Hills seasons 1 - 4 YES I LIKE THE HILLS, IT'S GOOD

Desperate Housewives seasons 1 - 5

Drawn Together full series

And some anime series on DVD, Elfen Lied, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Fushigi Yuugi, Burst Angel, Pokemon, Sailor Moon (first seasons for the last two)... aaaaaand that's it.

I'm a big sit coms watcher, clearly... I'm working on getting Boy Meets World seasons next. <3

I don't own many TV Show DVDs, but the ones that I do have are top quality. Here's my list:

Prison Break (season 1&2)

I usually don't like to watch action TV shows but when I saw commercial on TV of this show, I got interested immediately because it sounded so different and a fresh idea. Writers are just pure geniuses, plot twists are unbelievably good and make your heart beat faster of excitement every time :D Even my parents watched this with me although they hate TV shows that include shooting with guns, cursing, bloodshed etc. Unfortunately season 3 sucked so I haven't bought it and I'm currently watching season 4 from TV, it's much better than previous season.
I thought series 4 was awful. 3 was okay, but there was absolutely no need for it. They should have left it at the end of 2, because the characters had gotten to the point you'd been wanting them to get to since the start.

Anyway, my TV DVD collection is rather large:

The entire Futurama collection (including the four feature-length specials).
Family Guy 2-7. I used to own the first series too, but I lent it to a mate and never got it back. I gave up with it after 7 because it was unbearably awful. I've got Blue Harvest too, which was also a bit of a let down as well as The Stewie Griffin story.
American Dad 1 & 2.
All the new Doctor Who's, including all the Christmas specials and others in between series. I want to get the original old ones, but they don't release them chronologically and it annoys me.
Prison Break 1-4. Probably my favourite American TV drama to date other than Firefly, because I stopped watching Lost a while ago and regret the decision now.
The IT Crowd 1-3.
Black Books 1-3.
Red Dwarf 1-8. One of the best British comedies ever aired.
Blackadder 1-4 + Blackadder Goes Back and Forth. See above.
Spaced 1 & 2. See above.
Flight of the Conchords 1 & 2.
Hyperdrive 1 & 2. Not a fantastic show, but worth what I paid and it still makes me laugh.
Firefly, or rather what was aired of it. The biggest crime in history is that this was cancelled.
Scrubs series 1. Never really got around to buying the rest for some reason.
My Name Is Earl series 1. Like Scrubs, I just never got around to buying any others.
Band of Brothers. It's incredible. Especially since I got it for free.
South Park 1-7. Currently working on building that collection up. I went through a phase around the New Year where I'd be watching an entire series in about two days, so I spent loads on it then. I haven't actually watched any South Park in months though...
Skins 1 & 2. Or in other words, the good series' of Skins. I've abhorred the third and fourth ones because I hate the idea of them. It was originally about the original set of characters, so completely changing the cast is just stupid.
And finally Lost 1-5. I only bought them yesterday, because I've decided it's finally time I caught up. I stopped watching around the start of 4 because I got sick of it and I really regret doing that now.

I've also got a few Top Gear specials DVDs.

Between my girlfriend and I we got:

Rome (full series)
Deadwood (full series in one box)
Sopranos (full series)
The Wire (full series)
Battlestar Galactica (full series)
Star Trek DS9 (full series)
Star Trek Voyager (full series)
Star Trek Enterprise (full series)
Star Trek Next Generation (full series)
Star Trek (full series)
Supernatural (season 1 to 3)
Arrested Development (full series)
Dharma and Gregg (season 1 and 2)
Big Bang Theory (season 1 and 2)
Eureka (season 1 and 2)
Heroes (season 1 and 2)
The Tudors (season 1 to 3)
Drawn Together (full series)
Black Books (full series)
Black Adder (season 3 and 4)
Scrubs (season 1 to 8)
Lost (season 1 to 6)
Entourage (season 1 to 4)
The Nanny (season 1 and 2)
Frisky Dingo (season 1)

I'm probably forgetting something though. I have a feeling that we got loads more than that :wacky:

EDIT!

I just got home and checked the collection, and at first glance, this is what I forgot to mention:

Dexter (season 1 to 3)
The Young Ones (full series)
Monty Python's Flying Circus (full series)
Primeval (season 1 to 3)
Six Feet Under (full series)
Dead Like Me (full series, including the movie)
Metalocalypse (season 1 and 2)
Seven Periods with Mr. Gormsby (season 1 and 2)
True Blood (season 1)
Trailer Park Boys (season 1 and 2)
Boston Legal (full series)
The Librarians (season 1)

Last edited:
Okay so I've got a bit of an update seeing as I went out and bought more boxsets today.

I own:

* The O.C - Seasons 1-4
* Xena Warrior Princess - Seasons 1-6
* The Secret World of Alex Mack - Season 1. The last 3 seasons not on DVD.
* Summer Heights High - Only has 1 Season anyway
* Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Seasons 1-5
* My Name is Earl - Seasons 1-4
* Red Vs Blue - I think it was on T.V at one stage? - Seasons 1-5 + Bonus content disc
* Family Guy - Seasons 1-8
* Thank God You're Here - Seasons 1-4
* Heroes - Season 1
* Dark Angel Seasons 1-2 - Just got today
* Sabrina Season 6 - Just got today

Also updated my list of Boxsets that I want:

I Want:

- Sabrina the Teenage Witch Season 7 when it comes out on DVD.
- Heroes Season 2-4
- Charmed Seasons 1-8
- Alias Seasons 1-5
- How I met your mother Seasons 1-4
-
True Blood Seasons 1-8
-
Prison Break Seasons 1-4
- One Tree Hill Seasons 1-5
-
Supernatural Seasons 1-4
-
Smallville Seasons 1-7
-
Desperate Housewives Seasons 1-5
-
Two and a half men Seasons 1-5
-
The Hills Seasons 1-4
-
Everybody Loves Raymond Seasons 1-9
- The Ghost Whisperer Seasons 1-4
- Gossip Girl Seasons 1-2
- Rome Seasons 1-2

I'm especially looking forward to the True Blood seasons! I've already hired out all of season 1 and watched it with a friend in the span of two days. I think in one day we spen around 8 or more hours watching the majority of season 1 and then had another two episodes to watch the next day.

Apparently there's already 8 or 9 books out and the new one is out this May I believe. So in total there really should be around 10 seasons of True Blood all together hopefully!

I've got a fair bit of saving up before I finally have all of these babies though.

It will be an awesome day when I finally have them all though. <3

Last edited:
Fawlty Towers (complete)
The Young Ones (complete)
The Office (UK, complete)
Phoenix Nights (complete)
Scrubs (seasons 1-7)
House (seasons 1-4)
Star Trek - The Next Generation (complete)
Star Trek - Voyager (seasons 1, 3)
The Thin Blue Line (complete)
Peep Show (seasons 1-5)

I'm looking into completing my Voyager set, and getting season 5 of House shortly. I'd also like to look into starting with a new TV show to collect, and I'm thinking either Lost or maybe Heroes.

Back