What TV shows do you own on DVD?

I don't own very many shows on DVD that isn't anime, but of the shows that I do own, I have the first season of Batman: The Animated Series, Season 4 of Samurai Jack, the first season of The Chappelle Show, and the first season of Community.

I own Family Guy, a couple of seasons of Buffy, King of the Hill, and a few other things..

I don't buy very many shows on DVD, unless I like them a whole lot and will watch them repeatedly. And even less so now that it's so easy to play so many of them on Netflix. I just don't see the reasoning behind buying them anymore.

Lets see. :hmmm: I think I only have two.

I have the DBZ DVDs Seasons 1-9 and all of the Chappelle's Show. I really focus on collecting movie DVDs. If I want to watch a TV show, then I just see what's on Netflix.

Finally got round to getting the Doctor who sets, so ive enjoyed working my way through those :ryan:

Got an Angel box set as well, but its region fucking one :rage:

I own Doctor Who.

Aria
MOD EDIT: Can you please put a little more effort into your post? This is a spam post in a post count section. Maybe discuss a little more what you like or don't like about it. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, I own a lot of tv shows on DVD. I am a bit of a DVD/blu-ray fiend when it comes to things I really like.

Let's see *taking a look on the shelf*;
Complete Buffy Collection, Complete Alias Collection, The Addams Family Season One, Firefly Season One, Complete Absolutely Fabulous Collection, Complete Royle Family Collection, Complete Sex and the City Collection, The Vampire Diaries Season One, Desperate Housewives Season One, Lost Complete Collection, Batman: The Animated Series, Volume One.

That's all I can spy from here, there are probably a good few more under my bed.

And yes, I realise a few of those may be seen as embarassing choices, but I regret nothing!

The only show I can think of that we own on DVD is Boston Legal. I think we also own Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard but I'm not sure. I don't much care because I don't like those shows but they're worth mentioning...I guess. Oh, yeah and Speed Racer. Man, that show was really strange. Even for the sixties.

LOL

almost forgot about Speed Racer.

I currently own a couple of seasons of Pawn Stars(love that show).
Also own a season 1 of Archer(funny as hell), all current sets of South Park seasons, and all current sets of Robot Chicken(season 4 is the shit).

Also I own the complete series of Fruits Basket(they gotta make another season), Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Hellsing.

I only own One tv show on my DVD setlist. It's Gossip Girl Seasons 1-3. I plan on getting 4 once it decides to come out to DVD, which will hopefully be soon.

This is the only TV show I got hooked on and wanted on DVD, it was something about it since the beginning that I really enjoyed and it just stuck with me.

Lets see I own WWE RAW and WWE Smackdown on dvd this post would be as long the entire home page to the site if I told you every single detail, But Of course Im a wwe fan and I like RAW alot more than smackdown, but its always entertaining and owning a few dvds of it is a good way to relive alot of moments. I also own Terminator the new one I got the second season and to be honest ive never seen a single episode on tv and thats the whole purpose of why i got the thing cause it doesnt come on anymore, and hopefully i can get the first season too. If anime counts I have every single vandread and Galaxy angel episode on dvd Vandread reminds me of an earleir version of the star ocean videogame except in a comcal way and galaxy angel also has space intervention in it too, so I love it.

• House seasons 1 - 6 (Absolutely amazing!)
  • Everwood seasons 1 - 4 (complete) (This is my favourite T.V. series!)
  • Doctor Who series 5 (LOVE Matt Smith)
  • Desperate Housewives seasons 1 - 5 (A lot of fun. It's a guilty pleasure)
  • Charmed seasons 1, and 4 - 8
  • Black Books seasons 1 - 3 (complete) (Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey... Excellent)
  • Black Adder (complete)
  • Scrubs seasons 1 and 2
  • Will and Grace season 1
  • Friends seasons 1 - 10 (complete) (Bought this years ago. It's overplayed on T.V, but eh)
  • The Simpsons seasons 1 - 11 (Bought these over the years - I was CRAZY about The Simpsons when I was 11/14. I'll enjoy rewatching them in the near future! :)
  • Futurama seasons 1 - 4 (Another great series, and another I got into as a teen.)
  • American Dad volumes 1 - 3 and 5 (I prefer this to Family Guy! Some of the jokes are a bit sexist, but I've allowed myself to be cool with that, and actually enjoy the show quite a bit! :))

And cartoon T.V. seasons...

• Moomin seasons 1 - 4
  • The Animals of Farthing Wood seasons 1 and 2
  • Jacki Chan Adventures season 1
  • Watership Down seasons 1 - 3 (complete)
  • Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers season 1.

Time to give out my television cred. Let's see here, what do I own?

The Prisoner: The Complete Series Vols. 1-5
Twin Peaks: The Complete Series Gold Box Edition
Angel: Seasons 1-5
The X-Files: Seasons 1-7
Married With Children: Seasons 1-7
NewsRadio: Seasons 1-4
The Simpsons: Seasons 1-8
Batman: The Animated Series: Vols. 1-3
Night Court: Seasons 1-2
House M.D.: Seasons 1-3
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Seasons 2, 3 & 5
Unsolved Mysteries:
Ghosts, Bizarre Murders, UFO's, Strange Legends, Best Of

I think that's all of them. Whew, man... I own a lot of TV shows...

Yay another update!

I own:

* The O.C - Seasons 1-4
* Xena Warrior Princess - Seasons 1-6
* The Secret World of Alex Mack - Season 1. The last 3 seasons not on DVD.
* Summer Heights High - Only has 1 Season anyway
* Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Seasons 1-7
* My Name is Earl - Seasons 1-4
* Red Vs Blue - I think it was on T.V at one stage? - Seasons 1-5 + Bonus content disc
* Family Guy - Seasons 1-8
* Thank God You're Here - Seasons 1-4
* Heroes - Season 1
* Dark Angel Seasons 1-2
* Ocean Girl Seasons 1-4
* True Blood Season 1
* True Blood Season 2
* True Blood Season 3 - New
* True Blood Season 4 - New

Also updated my list of Boxsets that I want:

I Want:

- Heroes Season 2-4
- Charmed Seasons 1-8
- How I met your mother Seasons 1-4

-
Desperate Housewives Seasons 1-5
-
Everybody Loves Raymond Seasons 1-9
- Gossip Girl Seasons 1-2
- Rome Seasons 1-2
- Sex in the City Seasons 1-6
- Dawsons Creek Seasons 1-6
- Family Guy Season 9
- The Simpsons Seasons

Finally bought True Blood Season 3!

Each season on Bluray is around $50-$70 here depending on where you buy it. I bought all three blurays in a boxset from the UK and got them all for $80. So around $26 each. That's so cheap compared to here! I already have Season 1 on bluray, but I only have season 2 on DVD. So I'm just going to sell my old copies on ebay and try and make some money back.

Oh and I have Season 4 by other means. It's not on DVD officially yet. XD

So far, off of the top of my head I know I own:

The Simpsons seasons 1-12
Daria- The complete series
Beavis and Butthead seasons 1-2
Ugly Betty seasons 1-2
The Hills season 1
Jersey Shore season 1
The Powerpuff Girls: The complete series
Beautiful People: The complete series

I really, really want all of the seasons of House since I love the show so much and I never really get a chance to watch it on the networks anymore :( ...However buying seasons of any shows I've found is a waste for me. I haven't even gotten around to watching Ugly Betty or Beavis and Butthead yet. I want them all but I never find time to want to sit around and watch them...which is why I try and just buy movies more often than series nowadays.

Buffy seasons 7, 6 and 5 --

A bit of a Buffy fanatic here; me, my sisters and mother all love this show -- our whole family doesn't understand the amazingness of this show -- no matter what we say we love Spuffy with all our hearts and Spike is a big factor for our love of that show. Still gotta get the rest of the seasons though.

The Simpsons: season 1 - 11 ( I love that show)
Bottom: Season 1 + 2

I'm considering getting The Office (both the US and UK versions), but I must say that after Steve Carell has left (near the end of season 7) the show is not that great anymore.

I do not have many at all, I do not really buy boxsets

I have the first season of Smallville, and the fifth season of South Park, both of which I bought when I was fifteen. I still watch South Park, but not Smallville. I also have Firefly on DVD, which was a Christmas present from my brother. I would have bought it at some point anyways though

I haven't bothered to buy any TV DVDs except for one and that was for the 1st and only season of "The Black Donnellys." Has anyone else heard of it? It starred Jonathan Tucker and Olivia Wilde and was written by Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby). The show was so good but it was axed because of competition like The Sopranos.

I'd love to go out and spend my money on all seasons of House and The OC though. :P

Yay another update!

I own:

* The O.C - Seasons 1-4
* Xena Warrior Princess - Seasons 1-6
* The Secret World of Alex Mack - Season 1. The last 3 seasons not on DVD.
* Summer Heights High - Only has 1 Season anyway
* Sabrina the Teenage Witch - Seasons 1-7
* My Name is Earl - Seasons 1-4
* Red Vs Blue - I think it was on T.V at one stage? - Seasons 1-5 + Bonus content disc
* Family Guy - Seasons 1-8
* Thank God You're Here - Seasons 1-4
* Heroes - Season 1
* Dark Angel Seasons 1-2
* Ocean Girl Seasons 1-4
* True Blood Season 1
* True Blood Season 2
* True Blood Season 3
* True Blood Season 4
* Sex and the City Seasons 1-6 - New

Also updated my list of Boxsets that I want:

I Want:

- Heroes Season 2-4
- Charmed Seasons 1-8
- How I met your mother Seasons 1-4

- Gossip Girl Seasons 1-2
- Rome Seasons 1-2
- Dawsons Creek Seasons 1-6
- The Simpsons Seasons

doctor who 1-5, including all the specials in between, and a few of the early episodes
skins 1 & 2
lost 1-6
prison break 1-4
the it crowd 1-3
blackadder 1-4
black books 1-3
south park 1-13
the simpsons 1
futurama 1-4, and the four films
hex 1
family guy 1-7, blue harvest and stewie griffin's untold story
american dad 1 & 2
firefly
red dwarf 1-8
misfits 1 & 2
hyperdrive 1 & 2
spaced 1 & 2
flight of the conchords 1 & 2
band of brothers
my name is earl 1
scrubs 1-3
x-men 1 & 2
a few top gear specials
castle 1
sherlock 1 & 2
twin peaks 1 & 2
fringe 1-3
mad men 1-4
the walking dead 1
little britain 1

i get the feeling that i'm missing a few off the list, but that's it off the top of my head

Last edited:
Back