KHIII The Future of Kingdom Hearts

Ok In the first Kingdom Hearts That is the actual Kingdom Hearts door, that Micky and Sora lock for good right?

Then in KH2 the Organization try to use the Heartless/keyblade to create another door to Kingdom Hearts

And then in BBS I think Xehnort used Ven and Terra (probably Aqua also) To create another Image of Kingdom Hearts....

So I think The first KH is the only door that has lead to the actual KH, even though it was filled with heartless and darkness.

But here is where it gets confusing... What really is Kingdom Hearts "the heart of all worlds"?

And about Ven, he lost all of his memories before meeting Terra and Aqua right? and his heart is one that was only filled with light, and there was another Ven that was filled with Only darkness... We do see him on Destiny Island in flashbacks with Xehnort, so my question is, did Ven lose his memory cause of what Xehnort did to him? or did he lose him cause both his light and dark began to Collide with one another?

Terra Lost his memory cause both Terra and Xehnort are trying to battle for his body and heart and soul and mind, so his outer self can't seem to recall any memories at all except of the ones where they both became one. Which makes since if you look at it as Roxas and Ven both having no memories of their past because of some collisions between the light and darkness.

So the future of KH?

We are getting a BBS volume 2 (I guess according to the Final Mix ending to BBS) and probably an official KH3...

Question is what will BBS 2 be and where will KH3 be?

BBS 2 be before or after the first BBS and if it is after where will it take place in order of all the games?

And will KH 3 end the series? or are we going get more spinoffs and a KH4?

So many questions need to be answered still...

And Who all all weild keyblades anyways?

Ven
Terra
Aqua
Roxas
Sora
Micky
Riku
Xehnort??? (in BBS I think... so why didn't Ansem/Xehnort have a keyblade in KH or KH2... way to add crap after the fact Square)
Kairi???? (at least Riku gave her one in KH2... so is she a keyblade wielder also?)

Thats alot And I only played KH1,KH2,Birth By sleep and Re Chain of memories. so I didnt know what hapened in the final mixes or 358/2 days so thanks for that. It all makes sense now after reading all of it. They have a great story thats being told in multiple titles which can all lead up to Kingdom Hearts III I know square see's their audience is shouting for this game to start being made. I hope they start making it soon cause as far as I know their are zero plans to make it so far. But If they do one day decide to do it I hope all the FF characters like Leon,Yuffie,Tifa,Aerith,Sephiroth and cloud are still in, and now that XIII came out they should include lighting (im hoping to much saying fang and sazh and vanille). The same battle system and all of the heartless and nobodies and a new kind of enemy that leads into the story. And Kairi being playable as well (fingers crossed)

alright heres my theory on things:

note: i have not played chain of memories or any of the final mixes but i did play most of 358/2 days

alright so first off the whole heartless and nobody thing

ok so since a heart released by the keyblade goes to kingdom hearts where if the nobody is destroyed then reunite to recreate the original then since organisation XIII were made of special nobodies who could remember their past lives then they must have had very strong hearts which gets me to thinking, wouldn't their heartless be as strong. what i'm getting at is that maybe some of the boss heartless you verse in the KH games are actually made of the organization member's hearts. therefore axel could come back in KH3 or another side story (cause we haven't had enough of those have we).

another thing is that ven and sora's hearts are joined not co-existing because as you see in BBS sora's heart joins with ven's heart to repair it and so that would mean that if sora becomes a heartless then both ven and sora get a nobody, if that makes any sense to you guys? this would mean that roxas is ven's nobody and xion would probably be sora's nobody.

since in re:coded's secret cutscene the wizard guy (sorry i've forgotten his name he is mickeys master) basically tells you that MX is back and so sora and riku are going to become keyblade masters blah blah blah i'm sure all of us have watched the cutscene and if you haven't you probably should but anyway during the cutscene they say MX is not alone so that would mean that terra probably came back with him meaning that xehanort's heartless and xemnas were both MX's heartless and nobody and terras heartless and nobody.

terras lingering sentiment isn't terra's body its his mind and thats what took over the armor, his will to survive and to rescue and apologise to his friends was so strong it became its own form in terras armor which makes me think since terras mind is in the armor then that would mean anything done afterwards was all MX since as said in BBS terra's heart submits and his body succumbs (look it up thats basically a quote from terranort)now the question is if terra came back then would he come back in his armor or would he become another form while his mind twiddles its thumbs in that armor just waiting for something to happen, most action it got in the past few years being sora beating its ass, but i'm getting a little of track there so i want to know what do you think would happen to terra when he comes back would his mind rejoin him, would he rejoin his mind, would they stay seperate? so many questions about terra.

Problem

if he is right though it won't be axel coming back but instead it will be lea, also the nobodies are husks, left behind after the heartless is formed all they would have to do to become whole is to kill their heartless and search kingdom hearts for their heart and take it back i think this is what xemnas was doing seeing as he knows somehow sora took out his heartless.
As for the other stuff and his other motives you may be right they seem to fit, e.g. knowing about terra and stuff.

I've just re-read my own introductory post. When on Earth have I had the free time to be able to watch so many videos back-to-back and form theories like this?!

I mainly wanted to resurrect this thread to get people debating on whether or not we think Kingdom Hearts has a future at all, or if it's doomed after releasing so many miserable spin-offs (and it's now falling in to the trap of re-releasing things...for a third, even fourth, time!).

What do you think it will take for Kingdom Hearts to become vibrant again? I think the entire premise of the game needs a huge shake-up. I don't think either old or new players will go for many more games where you're hopping between bled-dry Disney films intercalated with monologues about light and darkness. Having said that, I don't want a change so drastic that it's just not the same game anymore. Having said that, I'm not sure what more we can get out of our current heroes. They made a move in the right direction with Birth by Sleep, I feel (i.e. extending the story beyond Sora) but it was foolish to exclusively release it on a handheld console.

#FuckThisCompany for all the handheld exclusive games being spread across damn near every platform on the goddamn planet (obvious exaggeration is obvious).

Anyway, I was pissed when SE replaced the FF characters with TWEWY characters in 3D. So if they do any more drastic changes like that, I might spazz out. I do think that the same recycled Disney world is getting boring. But I have no idea how they can, fix that.

I guess the main thing that can help the series is to focus on Riku & Kairi more. Don't totally ditch Sora, but don't let him hog the spotlight either.

Also, after III, get rid of the Organized Organization & Xehanort (spelling?) And introduce some new, villains.

I knew I wouldn't regret making this thread years ago!

So what are we hoping for in Kingdom Hearts III, now that it's been announced? Are you excited to see the game return to a major platform, with the next installment in the series, as opposed to just biding our time with (let's face it, awful) handheld prequels and spin-offs?

Having only just finished Dream Drop Distance, I'm finally caught up (besides Re:Coded but I've started that tonight and I don't think I'm missing much).

A couple of points I wanted to bring up.

The Seven Lights & The Thirteen Darknesses

So, assuming that Keyblade Wielders are the Guardians of Light, we have Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Ventus, Aqua,
Lea and Kairi.
That makes eight.

Our Seekers of Darkness are Master Xehanort, Young Xehaort, Terra-Xehanort('s Heartless), Xemnas, Saix and Xigbar - plus, presumably, seven other manifestations of Xehanort at some points in time.

So, we're over-subscribed in terms of Light. How do we explain this?

I've been thinking for some time - all throughout this game, in fact - that we're being misled somehow. All throughout the series, we've been led to believe that Sora is the one who ties everyone together and that his heart is the "prison" for so many others (we're talking Ven, Aqua, potentially Roxas, Naminé and Xion, depending on how you look at them, and whoever else).

At the end of the game, Master Xehanort brags that we're "two Guardians short", referring to Terra and the individuals revealed at the end of the game. I think the 8 can be explained away because, technically, Terra's not coming back anytime soon - certainly not while Xehanort himself is still around. That brings us back down to 7. I mentioned being miseld about Sora being the tie because I wanted to bring up Terra. As we know from Birth by Sleep, Terra's body was possessed by Master Xehanort to become "Terranort", or Xehanort's Heartless, the being we fought through the original Kingdom Hearts game and whose Nobody is Xemnas. We know that Xehanort's Heartless is locked away in Riku's heart (following one of the hardest boss fights of 3D, I thought). So, it stands to reason that Terra's heart is actually locked within the darkness of Riku's heart. Just a bone of contention I wanted to clear up.

I'm still dubious about Kairi being a proper Guardian of Light and it's because of the secret ending - Yen Sid discusses that Master Xehanort will either go after the Seven Princesses of Heart OR will clash with the Seven Guardians of Light in the Keyblade War. Kairi is also a Princess of Heart, so can she be a Light...twice? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but something doesn't sit well with me here.

Final point: do we not technically have Thirteen Lights (the 6 Guardians, the 6 Princesses and Kairi, whose true role is a bit dubious)? I don't see Alice and Cinderella being much help in the fight against Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts III so I wonder if this will be addressed?

BED TIME.

EDIT:
Still not sure about Lea being a Guardian of Light. I've assumed just because he has a Keyblade he qualifies - but Master Xehanort also has a Keyblade (as do some of his earlier/younger manifestations) and he's obviously not a Light, therefore simply having a Keyblade does not make you a Light. It stands to reason that Lea's acts of bravery pushed him in the right direction BUT with such a shady past, would the powers that be still let him fight for good instead of evil now? Who knows?!

Back