Older Threads, Double Posting and Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
I just thought I'd write up a thread explaining what is okay and what isn't okay when it comes to posting in older threads, double posting and bumping. =)

---

Older Threads

What is okay:

* If you would like to discuss a certain topic and you have checked rather thoroughly for any existing threads on the topic but can not find one, then you may go ahead and post a thread for new discussion.

* If you do happen to find that there is a thread on the same topic but notice that the last reply was from e.g: 2008, it is still okay to post in that topic. If you have something new to add it is perfectly fine to post. Do not think you will be bumping and will get into trouble in any way. Don't think that you have to make a new thread as it will only end up getting merged with the older topic. =)

What isn't okay:

* Please don't go into an old thread that is still open and post, but obviously has no more room for discussion.

For example, someone may have needed help with something at one stage in 2008 and the problem was solved, however the thread was still left open.

If you post something along the lines of 'I agree' 'It's good you got that sorted' etc. It is not contributing. It is unnecessary and is classed as spam. Your post will be deleted and then the thread will be closed.

NOTE:

Also just on a side note when posting after the person who has just revived an old thread, please do not start your post off with 'This thread is old' or anything along those lines. There's no need for it and it may make other members feel like they're doing the wrong thing when they do revive an old thread.

There is nothing wrong with reviving old threads if the member feels that they have more to add, so please don't post such discouraging posts.

Thanks. =)

---

Double Posting

What is okay:

* If you have already replied to a topic a few days ago and find that your post is still the last reply, but you have something new to add, then it is fine to post again after your last post.

What is not okay:

* If you make a post and then realise a few minutes later that you have something else to add, please don't post again. You must edit the post you just made and add the rest in.

* Do not post or make a thread and then a few minutes later come back and post 'Bump' or anything silly. If you have anything else to add, simply edit into your last post.

---

Bumping:

Not okay at all

Any posts that simply state 'Bump' or 'Can someone please post in my thread' etc, in your own or any other thread for any reason is not allowed. It is classed as spam as it does not contribute to the topic at all and it will be deleted.

* Now if you have just posted a thread and no one responds right away, don't freak out and think that no one will post. It might just be that members aren't online at the time, or that members are already viewing other threads.

They are in no way obligated to post in your thread, so any harrassment or insults towards members for not posting in your thread will be dealt with accordingly.

---

If you have any questions or feel that I've not explained myself properly, please feel free to PM me.

Happy posting!

Kandy-Sugar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back