Your Favourite Character And Why?

Beatrix. She's simply badass, has awesome attire, and really pretty. I just really enjoy her character and don't find her to be the least bit 'dumb.'

This thread needs moar Beatrix! Seriously, she was an amazing character that went through some major development as the story continued on. In fact, one of the most memorable times of my childhood was the boss battle with her in Bermecia and that eye popping, jaw dropping beautiful cutscene after she crushes the party oh.my.gawd.

But that's besides the point, up until that point I'd never played a game that had a boss that was unbeatable so many times, and it had a profound effect on me. She really is a devoted and sweet woman too, and not blindly loyal. The entire time she was following orders, she had her own personal doubts, but still as a soldier, carried them out faithfully, which is rare in a FF title to have a strong, not useless bimbo female character! ^_^

Her love story with Steiner was so heart wrenching I physically "awwwwwww'd" at the scene and how awkwardly sweet it was. Plus, to make it all the more awesome, the game tricked me into thinking they both died together for their country. *tears* She's so awesome, I wish FF had more women like her that aren't teenagers or have triple Z boobies. ;__;

Srsly, she's in my top 3 all time fave FF ladies

1. Tifa duh
2. Beatrix
3. Cissnei

I really liked Vivi. I liked how shy, nervous and unsure of himself he was, but as the story progressed he grew and grew.

Steiner was pretty awesome too. I loved his internal monologues and the way he constantly over-reacted to Zidane, but in the end they became friends.

I don't know if I consider Beatrix one of my favourite characters, I just know that I loved whenever she was on screen because her theme music was awesome!

Beatrix. But I love Vivi and Garnet too, because I think they show the most development throughout the game.

...Also, Beatrix gets points because "Rose Of May" is my favorite track in any FF game ever.

Beatrix. But I love Vivi and Garnet too, because I think they show the most development throughout the game.

...Also, Beatrix gets points because "Rose Of May" is my favorite track in any FF game ever.
Another Beatrix fan yay! And yes, that track is one of the best of the OST. <3 She's also the coolest character in the game too!

Another Beatrix fan yay! And yes, that track is one of the best of the OST. <3 She's also the coolest character in the game too!

Yesss :D I love when you briefly get to control her in Alexandria Castle/when you're fighting the Mistodons, too. Shock is such a sick ability! :D

Not only that, all her abilities are really good! Plus, she's not too shabby with physical attacks. I wish I knew how to hack and get her in my party. ):

Steiner FTW

I loved how his armor made noise whenever he ran around

And at the end he got to tap Beatrix ass

Zidane - Being the lead and there is something in him that makes you feel better, optimistic, childish, cheerful and energetic. I also like how he always flirt :awesome:, his trance allows him to use dyne abilities which is awesome! grand lethal is my favorite!

Vivi - I like his innocent trait and being the closest to Zidane, they were like the best pals in the party, and Zidane always taking care of him like a baby brother :highfive:. He also has a lot of destructive magics that made me believe he can be a one-man army with his black magics, osmose and life drain is all you need :holyshit:

Amarant - I think he is the most bad-ass in their party, with his claw/knuckles. if Zidane is Goku, Amarant is definitely Vegeta hehe, they were first enemies then became allies, Amarant is powerful in the front line and has a descent assist, he is full of pride but will always aid his friends, and i remember him being beaten by Zidane and wishing that Zidane had finished him for good.

I see there's a lot of Zidane && Vivi love out here~<3 Vivi's pretty awesome, but I'd have to saaaay...

Zidane:
An awesome departure from the slightly emo, serious protagonist. Flirtatious, witty, && downright hilarious! (Who didn't enjoy his disputes with Steiner? xD) He was always so concerned about the welfare of his friends that he was willing to take the fall in some cases. Also, he may try to act like a player, but he's a true romantic<3 I loved those sweet Zidane x Garnet moments! I really wish there were more characters like him~ :3

Garnet:
Y'know, even though Garnet was raised as a princess, she didn't possess the superficial, spoiled && bratty persona that some princess characters would, which I thought was awesome. She's modest, highly intelligent, and quite adventurous. She wasn't afraid to experience life outside the castle && she was quite a curious cat. o_o Like once she suspected Queen Brahne was up to no good, she immediately wanted to get to the bottom of it, even if she had to venture off on her own to do so. Also - even when she found out that Queen Brahne wanted to assassinate her, she still cared for her "mother" as she died. It takes a mature person to forgive someone who tried to kill you, especially since she wasn't even her birth mother anyhow. xD;

My favorite ff character

my favorite character is Quina from final fantasy 9 . He/she/it didn't have the most interesting story but its blue magic was plentiful and versatile. Not to mention Quina had the funniest ATE scenes and personality in general.

Quina (even though I didn't use it much in battle) s/he is just awesome and funny at everything it does. Always looking for new munchies to eat (Moogles and Chocobo Eggs included!). Plus gotta love cooking/eating monsters to use their skills.

I'd put Zidane, Vivi and Beatrix below it. They're both really good battle-wise and have their share of moments, flirting, sulking, owning. etc. lol

Shame you only get to use rusty ol' Steiner and not Beatrix.

For me it would be Vivi. He's shy, cute, modest, smart and I think no one could actually hate him. Funny, clumsy Vivi and
all his inevitable stumblings. :P I felt really proud when he stood up to the Black Waltz attacking the cargo ship, like: "You think you can threaten me and my friends? You messed with the wrong black mage!". Even when he had discovered that his life would end soon, he did not go all whiny and pessimistic. He knew what was going to happen and he just continued his journey with his friends to make a difference and not to give up easily.

For me it would be Vivi. He's shy, cute, modest, smart and I think no one could actually hate him. Funny, clumsy Vivi and
all his inevitable stumblings. :P I felt really proud when he stood up to the Black Waltz attacking the cargo ship, like: "You think you can threaten me and my friends? You messed with the wrong black mage!". Even when he had discovered that his life would end soon, he did not go all whiny and pessimistic. He knew what was going to happen and he just continued his journey with his friends to make a difference and not to give up easily.

This.

My favourite Character in the game is Zidane as well, he's selfless, caring, and a bit of a joker as well, he's good for humour and stuff, but also his character is very well developed, like his backstory, and how he deals with it when he finds out the truth.

And this.

Mod Edit: ThomTribal
Hi I understand that you agree with the posts above. However, to make a non-spam post, it is required that you also post your own opinions by elaborating your point further. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's got to be Steiner for me, he is like the damsel in distress in this game when he's meant to be the knight in shinning armour....whereas in his case is rusty :P he develops substantially along the journey and shows his misjudgement of people was one of his biggest downfalls.

I would have to say that Vivi is my favorite character. His story is one that touched me the most out of all the characters, and that is saying alot. Because I believe that FFIX had some of the most interesting characters in all the FF games I have playing in my opinion. He started out the journey as a shy black mage just looking for his place in the world. In the end not only did he find his place, he found out that life is worth fighting for and is worthing dying for aswell.

Hahha lol. I love them all expect for Freya and Steiner ( sorry King ) so this is like.... the hardest question in the world for me, so I'll just say in small paragraphs what I love about them and why.

Kuja > Kuja is just my fave Final Fantasy series villian. Yeah it's not Kefka or Sephiroth it's Kuja. Why ? Because despite the irony out of all of the Final Fantasy badguys Kuja is the one that feels the most human. Ironic huh ? I would explain why more but spoilers; but my avatar showing his tail should be a dead giveaway lol. He's poetic, intelligent, narcissistic, calm, calculating, and surprisingly has a odd soft spot. I love how SquareEnix respected his soft side in Dissidia giving slight hints to Cloud and freeing Terra from Kefka's control and even trying to help Zidane. Kuja didn't go bad because he wanted to be greedy or selfish he went bad because he was scared and frighted. He had nercophobia which lead him to do things he regretted. He may cry into a pool of tears because he just felt more than like typical cliched baddie.

Zidane > I love Ziddy because he's kind, warm- hearted, has a good humour, bright and tries to see the good in everything and everyone. I truly believe that he should be getting the attention and praise that Lightning is getting right now from FF Fans and SquareEnix. I would love a Zidane resistance. Zidane however is sadly turned into a cliche " yayay lets go find treasure " cliche in Dissidia which is really tragic. SE why ruin it ?

Garnet > Garnet too needs more love and support from fans and SE because of how strong she tries to be. She tries to be independent, she tries to be a good leader, she tries to help others. Most of the time she fails; but the most important thing is that she tries.

Vivi > Do I need to say why this character is so damn f*cking fantastic ?

Quina > Most people hate this poor fellow but I can't see why. He's a beast in battles and he's a game breaker if you manage to collect his Blue Magical spells. Plus he's funny and a good comical relief towards the game. Plus he's actually quite wise.

Amaranat > Okay first and second times I didn't like this guy. It was like he had no personality whatsoever but the 3rd time around I managed to pick up on a few things. He's basically meant to mirror and reflect Zidane's views about life and friendship. He's the other side of the debate.
He could of had much more to him though and his back story was extremely pisspoor; Zidane was a little sh*t as a kid so he was going to let a little rascal destroy his life ? And that's it ? And he's STILL holding a grudge ? A little pathetic man. But I love how he reflects Zidane.

Eiko > I feel so sorry for this young girl. She's basically alone and it shows. Nobody is left expect a few Moogles and when Zidane and the crew arrive she basically explodes with excitement and happiness because OMG other people... It's so sad. She can be annoying yes. But you would be annoying and clingy if you were desperate for some attention, love and for some other people to hang around with. Plus feeling alone is a huge human emotion and we all know how painful that emotion can be.

Freya however is too depressing for me. I know that she's been through some rough moments but she's way too much of a downer in my eyes. I would pf preferred to have Beatrix or Lani in her place instead. But she's like the animal version of AC Cloud. Just waaaay to much of a mood- killer and I can't stand it. And Steiner is a huge jerk and I just find him way too annoying to cope with him.

Back