Your Favourite Character And Why?

My favorite charater in this game was Zidane because he is a cheerful yet strong human w/ tail. Haha. I like he's moves while in trance. He has some strong moves that can kill a strong monster in just a minute. Ang love his hair. Thats all

Steiner I suppose. He is the one who entertains me the most, and some of the dilemmas he finds him self in, torn between duty and logic. I find his relationships that he develops with the party are the most interesting. His earlier interactions with Zidane are pure gold.

I'd have chosen Zidane if he weren't such a plain vanilla hero type. After couple of reluctant hero type protagonists maybe it was time for an altruistic and selfless one.

My favourite Character in the game is Zidane as well, he's selfless, caring, and a bit of a joker as well, he's good for humour and stuff, but also his character is very well developed, like his backstory, and how he deals with it when he finds out the truth. And his womanising ways! Haha no one would think he's only 16 in the game!

I also love Zidane. The way he treats Vivi like a little brother is so cool. They have a bunch of moments where they talk about guy things and bond with each other much like any two good guy friends would do.

Also his love story with Dagger/Garnet has always been my favorite love story from a FF game, just the way they start with her not really interested in him but he still cares for her so much that he's willing to do anything for her and he's always there for her when she needs a shoulder to cry on the most.

He's caring, selfless, outgoing and compassionate but he's also got a good sense of humor and can be a player at times.

For me i'd have to say its a tie between Steiner and Vivi, I always enjoy a scene with him in it for the simple humor but also because for me he kind of exemplifies mans compliance with say "blissful Ignorance" and how someone can begin to question even there most solid beliefs

For Vivi aside from the characters sweet demeanor the first time i played this i had to leave the room for a minute and my lil brother took the game and named him after himself, so he has always kind of been like the representation of my bro in the game

It used to be Vivi but after like my third playthrough i changed it to Freya.
She spends a disk and a half or something looking for her true love and when she finds him
he doesn't remember who she is.
Also she's a dragoon which are one of the most hardcore jobs ever.

Vivi was my favorite i have always used him every chanve that i got, he was a quiet one till he got pissed on the airship, that shows u that he had some balls under that hat of his. Man i loved him i wish they would redo that game in todays advanced graphics, and alter the story a little bit for a change

Final Fantasy IX has probably one of the most likeable casts in the series. It's refreshing to see main character that isn't emo-loner and after getting used to the fact that he has a tail of a monkey, Zidane is damn cool.

Vivi was very sympathetic. Struggle with not knowing if he is even a real person was almost heartbreaking. But I won't call him my favourite because sometimes he is just way too cute.

Steiner was interesting to follow. He goes ridiculously far with "you can't trust the bandits" and sometimes even acts as the comical relief. Who doesn't love that sound his armour makes when he runs? He does some badass damage also.

Quina and Eiko were actually annoying most of the time. I always thought that Quina was retarded. I didn't find him very useful in battles and he played almost no role in the story. I disliked Eiko from the very first minute I saw her so I won't even start with her.

My favorite character was Amarant! I know that he isn't that important character and doesn't have much development but I just find him ubercool. I always like the "monks" or the characters who attack with claws or fists(not Rikku). Amarant has a strange relationship with the crew and it makes him differ from the others.

FF IX is the first and only FF game I've played, and is definately one of the best games I've played overall. I downloaded it from the PSN like three ago to finally try FF. No regrets :D

On Topic...

Favorite Female Character: Freya Crescent
Favorite Male Character: Vivi Orunitia

Vivi is the coolest little dude I've seen in video games. Small, shy, but has a big heart.

Freya is awesome looking. She seems to have one of the deepest personalites in the game as far as I've seen. I love her quote too. I just wish they further expanded upon her relationship with Fratley, and about herself.

I liked Zidane and Steiner the most because their hateful relationship was often really funny. So it's kind of a cross between. And I also liked Steiner's personality because he was often so comical with his knights. But I would probably say Steiner because he can do a lot of damage. He also was a knuckle head which was funny, and his musical theme is epic.

Mmm, probably Freya. Though I liked Beatrix and Zidane too ^_^

Just liked how independant and strong Freya was, even after losing her love and all that. Beatrix, I liked that she was noble and loyal but still chose right over wrong when it came down to it. And Zidane is awesome :mrgreen: apart from the small slip on Terra I loved his character.

Xx..xX

Freya for her independence, loyalty and strength. Her love for Sir Fratley was convincing and beautiful! :)

Also Garnet/Dagger, who presented a different kind of independence, loyalty and strength. She was independent in thought and action, loyal to her country, and strong enough to do what she thought was right, even when it meant personal loss.

Oh, and let's not forget Steiner! He was just hilarious! :lew: He always over-reacted to Zidane. But he had a good heart. :) He over-reacted because he cared. He took everything seriously, and in serious times, who can criticise him for that?

My Top 3:
Freya
Vivi
Garnet

Freya because she has a dignified, yet edgy demeanour. She is strong and determined, yet fragile. The story between her and Fratley was beautiful and tragic, and brought great depth to her character as a person dealing with being forgotten and having to continue in life alone and be strong despite the odds.

Vivi - the story behind the Black Mages was simply amazing. So well thought out, and very very sad :'( Vivi had childlike innocence that had to deal with the crushing weight of realising his imminent mortality, as well as conquering his cowardice and becoming a brave fighter.

Garnet - my favourite princess in the series. Garnet is stubborn with a sharp tongue, yet at the same time so adorably naive and in awe of everything in the outside world. The tragedies that befall her are not dealt with in the standard RPG manner ("Oh well, it's happened, guess I have to move on). She is visibly traumatised and shaken by the things that happen during the course of the game, which makes her a lot more human than previous characters in her role. Her confusion and defiance regarding her feelings for Zidane are also great to watch, making their romance an intriguing and deep one, not simply your standard love-at-first-sight scenario (well, in Garnet's case, at least). She is a strong and admirable female lead, as were all the female characters in IX. I think that's why I liked it so much :)

My favorite character: Blank (too obvious?)

Why? Well at first when the game just got started, he was a headstrong, loyal, and powerful ally to Zidane and the other members of the Tantalus group. I felt a strong connecting, like a brotherhood between Zidane and Blank, talking about girls and capturing Garnet while wearing the Knights of Pluto armor. Once Blank got petrified, it really solidified his position with me as a loyal character. I was relieved to see him come back, although no longer playable. Thats always why Blank has been my favorite.

I loved all of the characters except for Amarant, honestly.

Zidane- I really liked his personality. So friendly, casual, and a nice guy who cares about others overall.

Garnet- She was very sweet, and I loved how she developed into a strong woman.

Vivi- He was such a cute and brave lil guy. Even after learning of the dark secrets of his existence he still never gave up. Plus his magic skills kicked ass.
Steiner- Even though I found him kind of annoying at first, he really is a cool guy. He's very loyal and towards the end of the game I liked him even more, because he stopped treating Zidane and the Tantalus members like trash.

Freya- OMG I loved her... even though she's a rat lol. I don't know, she's just so strong and wise. A great female role model.

Eiko- I thought she was funny, loud, and cute. I liked how she had a huge crush on Zidane at the beginning lol. I felt really bad for her when she was like "I don't wanna be along anymore..."

Quina- He/she/whatever the hell it is just made me crack up LOL. Such an interesting choice of character design. Every time it talked I smiled.

Beatrix!! Surprised not many people have mentioned her, shes HOTTTTTT!!!! Her attitude and looks are really sexy and she was quite an interesting character, other than that I would have to say Trance Kuja (and the music was amazing) as I loved when he felt like he was dying and he just went on a rampage and killed Garland and then when you beat him and he uses Ultima to try and destroy everything.

FF9 probably has the most interesting group of characters out of any FF and I loved every single one of them (apart from Steiner who I found quite annoying but funny and I did love his respect for Vivi)

I can't believe how little people even mentioned Garnet. >< She's my all time favorite video game character. With the exception of maybe Squall in 8, I think she showed the most development I've ever seen. It was uber hard to not feel for her and what she was going through, it made her seem not only like a real person but that you personally knew her, thus much more likable and memorable than most characters. Maybe I just fell for the princess in distress thing, but it's much deeper than that to me. She showed so much development, compassion, innocence, and humility. No matter what happened she blamed herself and grew stronger from it. All around the perfect character and personality to me! But to answer your question:

Favorite Female Char: Dagger of course
Favorite Male Char: Amarant

Amarant because he was quiet and reserved and oh so badass. Reminded me quite a bit of Squall.

It has been ages since I've played, but I remember my fave characters being Vivi and Zidane. Vivi was exactly like me at the time; shy, trying to find courage.
Zidane was just awesome in every way for his kindness - still one of my favourite FF characters of all time.

In my latest playthrough of the game I discovered that eiko was my favorite character, not only is she a fantastic summoner, with madden, phoenix and titan, but she is an amazing healer, I would say better than garnet/dagger.

I love her character design too, reminds me of rydia, by the fact that when you first meet them they are yound and childish, and through the story they grow more mature and seem to age, (rydia more so as she does actually age when she goes to the summoners city)

Anyway, moral of the post is Eiko is currently my favourite character from final fantasy 9

only from ff 9? hrmm....

for me ..... serah from ff13-2...
she is an adorable character compare to any other ff characters...
cant wait to play that game...im expecting more from it though...

hmm...for ff 9....i'll pick Zidane...he has the quality to be a leader...help others and kinda romantic guy....haha....he even have some dirty mind because he touched garnet ass and said "soft"....lol...i admire those weapon that he wield...butterfly sword is damn stylo for me...^^,

Back