Final Fantasy VII Remake

The only reason SE are doing a remake is because they are incapable of producing a decent FF themselves so they have to copy a very good game instead. All that SE will do with the remake will be to taint FF7's legacy. To be completely honest, hearing that a remake was happening was some of the most depressing news I've heard in a long time.

The only reason SE are doing a remake is because they are incapable of producing a decent FF themselves

Considering this will easily draw more money than a new game would have why the hell not remake this game? It was inevitable. It's been screamed for by fans since last generation when they revealed that tech demo. 7's legacy won't be tainted at all. I think its great for not only fans of the FF franchise, but for gaming in general. The buzz for this is huge.

The only reason SE are doing a remake is because they are incapable of producing a decent FF themselves so they have to copy a very good game instead. All that SE will do with the remake will be to taint FF7's legacy. To be completely honest, hearing that a remake was happening was some of the most depressing news I've heard in a long time.
Like any gaming company, SE's gone through dry spells with their titles. Lately, though, I've noticed the company's started to bounce back - and all before E3.

Not really, the likes of Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core etc haven't done that in my opinion so I doubt this would, even if it's not very good. FFVII's legacy is secure whatever happens.

Considering this will easily draw more money than a new game would have why the hell not remake this game? It was inevitable. It's been screamed for by fans since last generation when they revealed that tech demo. 7's legacy won't be tainted at all. I think its great for not only fans of the FF franchise, but for gaming in general. The buzz for this is huge.
This.

FFVII is difficult to taint. Dirge of Cerberus couldn't even do it. :lew: (Crisis Core was a nice addition, though, personally.) Suffice it to say, this is likely an excellent move on the company's part, regardless of the overall outcome of the remake.

I think we should all consider that the trailer we saw was designed to be a teaser. Just like Final Fantasy Versus 13 was re-announced as FF15, there was some dialogue that regarded the "15th awakening" or something like that.

we should be able to see the original opening scene.

Okay I would just like to say first off "OMFG FFVII Remake OMFG!!!!" now that my fanboy side is showing...FFVII was my introduction to the world of Final Fantasy, it was the first title I played and actually one of the first RPG's I had ever played period. My love for the title cannot be described with words, I actually got a PS4 just because of this announcement after being strictly a pc gamer for near a decade. Am I worried about changes SE will make to the title...yes, Do I think the remake will replace those feelings I had with the original title and just experiencing Aeris' death for the first of many times...no again but I can say this...I am sure without a doubt that SE knows this title is a fan favorite overall (VI trailing close) and I hope...pray, that they put all of their love and experience into this title.

For so long...I have been waiting for this moment and now that it is finally confirmed the last thing I am wanting is disappointment...especially after speaking its praises for almost 2 decades to my brother and friends. Please...PLEASE SE don't F*** this up!

Replaying through FF VII on PSP last night if they decide to dump the annoying sneak sequence in the Shinra Tower I won't cry over it. I mean you bust in the building then for one floor all of a sudden you are sneaking and flung into drawn out random battles and thrown back to the start of the sneaking sequence if spotted and if you keep screwing it up the game just lets you past anyway I mean what was that???? :facepaw: :banghead:

Also the climb up to the Shinra Tower they can clean up the camera so you can can actually see where you are going with Cloud.

If nothing else at least SE is finally listening to the fans on this one. The game isn't one of my favorites but it means a lot to thousands of people, enough to make them clamor for a remake for many years. So as long as the game is passably good I don't see how this could be a bad thing!

I'm assuming a majority of you have already seen this:

It would be shame they they removed the theater scene from the Gold Saucer... Its been my life's dream to see Cloud do a spin off stage in High Definition Graphics? :p

In my humble opinion, I think it doesn't really matter what they do.

We have a thousands ports of the PS1 version already, so we can always play that for nostalgia.

That said, I desperately want more Zack. I would pay for DLC that let me use Zack as a character in a battle. I realize that plotwise that's not gonna happen, but just for extra.

Other than that, I'm sure they'll change everything gameplay wise, and that the plot will have all the NSFC parts removed. Which kinda sucks, because I liked dressing in drag.

Other than that, I'm sure they'll change everything gameplay wise, and that the plot will have all the NSFC parts removed. Which kinda sucks, because I liked dressing in drag.

There's been confirmation from Square that the cross dressing stuff will still be there (there was an image of Cloud as a womans too). God knows, I can't be arsed to go source it though lol.

There's been confirmation from Square that the cross dressing stuff will still be there (there was an image of Cloud as a womans too). God knows, I can't be arsed to go source it though lol.

:lew: Great. xD I can't wait to see this. Though it dragged (lololol) to have Aeris with me in this particular part of the game, we have to remember.... We're doing it to save Tifa! :griin:

Its funny.. I remember this 'cloud in drag being confirmed for remake' discussion from the first week it was announced. There are DOZENS of articles saying 'confirmed this, confirmed that'... It's rubbish, and poor poor journalism. They didn't confirm anything. In my opinion their response to the question gave me reason to believe they already intend on leaving it out. The interview went something like this:

Interviewer:- 'are you going to include the light hearted moments and funny gags etc etc'
Square:- 'yes we like the light hearted stuff and believe that makes up a lot of what ff7 is about'
Interviewer:- 'something something cloud in drag????'
Square:- 'please look forward to it' This was their actual response to the specific question about Cloud in drag and it is what CLOSED the interview.

What I take from this (and what should be taken from this) is that they are telling us to please look forward to 'IT' with 'IT' being the remake itself. The interviewer was asking to many specific questions and they wanted to wind it up ASAP as to not reveal to much (for better of worse).

It's clear that they are going to make changes, it's clear that they KNOW some of these changes are bound to upset the veteran fan base, and its CLEAR that they are going to be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL in handing out tiny tid bits of info that pertain to these changes. This scene is iconic in our eyes (though I have no idea why) and for them to, in week ONE, let loose that this is going to be scrapped would be EXTREMELY detrimental to the process. Hence the very vague and arguably deceptive answer 'Please look forward it'.

This answer is like a mother saying to a child 'we'll see' when asked something but afraid to say 'no' right away. But it always comes, sooner or later.

As much as I would like it left in, I don't think it will.. and I'm not gonna let it effect my interest in playing the remake.

There's 4 things about the remake that will just keep me smiling all the way until release day:

1. It's happening
2. It's happening soon
3. It's being developed by the same team
4. Sony fans get it first.

well its hack and slash, I have mixed feelings about this.

they might not compromise overall on tactics and strategy with this remake. although it does appear like they have with the removal of a turn based battle system, they have said they wish to keep some of that element intact but from what we have seen I cannot see how this is integrated exactly? hopefully we will gain a better understanding of what they mean over time. I can understand their reasoning and tbh I was kind of predicting it given the direction they have gone with the most recent final fantasy titles.

lets start with the positives;
I like that the battles will be more dynamic than previously and this should for me alleviate any feelings of visual tedium while grinding. one problem I always found with playing the older games was there seemed to be a lack of variation within fights. this will add this element in.

what I am not so happy about;
what I am not impressed with is how they handled the limit breaks, they appear to be seamless with the hack and slash combat? that really kills off any feeling that they were in any way special. the way the camera moved and tracked the action coupled with the choreography of the characters when they performed an attack (particularly summons, and limit breaks and to a lesser extent materia and magic) is what help build DRAMA! suspense and a feeling the battle is epic and cinematic. I got none of this feeling from this new battle engine they have. its lifeless and bland in comparison. I seriously hope they pull something epic and impressive when they show us summons and materia because what I have seen so far isn't impressing me.

I want to feel that same sense of awe, I want to get chills the same way I do when I watch knights of the round or omnislash in the original. they could do this with what they already have, its not like it is going to be impossibly difficult to implement to the fighting system they have built already as it won't require a whole new system.

There is one important question that I want to ask. Is Square Enix going to add some special bonuses for the remake? Like for example : add different sidequest for Angeal, Zack and Genesis as their storyline, know more about Vincent past as a Turk, etc. I think that will be a great idea for Square Enix to add that to the game and make the game longer since is going to be played as episodes. What you guys think?

There is one important question that I want to ask. Is Square Enix going to add some special bonuses for the remake? Like for example : add different sidequest for Angeal, Zack and Genesis as their storyline, know more about Vincent past as a Turk, etc. I think that will be a great idea for Square Enix to add that to the game and make the game longer since is going to be played as episodes. What you guys think?

I feel like they will add quite a few things from Crisis Core and such, to try and tie the games in better. Mainly I hink they might add more Genesis versus Angeal or Zack, (mostly I think they might have Angeal mentioned from time to time but no real quests with it. ) I don't think Vincent past will be more looked into, but could be wrong.

As far as home much they will really add with Crisis Core and Turks and stuff, I think that the choice to fight and kill the Turks at the end of disk 2 will be gone (when you drop into Midgar to stop the cannon from going off again,) since basically Turks went from almost pure evil in the first game to good guys in almost all the other VII Spinoffs.

According to Gamespot, the Final Fantasy VII remake will be a multiple full-sized games. The blueprint of Final Fantasy XIII is being used for the multi-part release. The episodic structure of the Final Fantasy VII remake will be compromised of multi part, full-sized game instead of a small series of episodes. In the latest issue of Game Informer, Producer Yoshinori Kitase mention that the development team was using the Final Fantasy XIII series, which encompassed a total of three games as the model. Game Informer writer stated that when the project was first announced, people were confused by the multi-part nature, but the goal is to structure it more like Final Fantasy XIII than a series game.

Kitase also mention that it will be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In Final Fantasy XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, there is already a preexisting story, so it wouldn't really make sense if that isn't encompassed into a multi-part series.

It was perfect the way it was, just like the GOUT, E.T.'s 1982 release, Jurassic Park in 2D, and black-and-white Gone with the Wind. What I want is not some ridiculous DBZ-style combat and fully 3D environments. All I want is the FMV and prerendered backgrounds cleaned up to HD-quality resolution and video output, the translation errors fixed, the option to turn on or off Japanese text, and an actual friggin' instruction booklet instead of those crappy one-page inserts everybody does nowadays.

It was perfect the way it was, just like the GOUT, E.T.'s 1982 release, Jurassic Park in 2D, and black-and-white Gone with the Wind. What I want is not some ridiculous DBZ-style combat and fully 3D environments. All I want is the FMV and prerendered backgrounds cleaned up to HD-quality resolution and video output, the translation errors fixed, the option to turn on or off Japanese text, and an actual friggin' instruction booklet instead of those crappy one-page inserts everybody does nowadays.
You and I must have different definitions of perfect. If a game has translation issues, I'll never deem it as perfect.

We don't know exactly what surprises Square Enix might have for us in the Tokyo Game Show about the remake. There are still alot of questions that needs to be ansked. Like, how will the Materia System will function in the remake? How will the PHS system work in the remake?
How many hours will each episode will have?

How many DLC will be available? What will it be about? Are there going to be any extra content in the game? What achivements will it have? Is there going to be a demo?

When will it be available? How long will it be? There is so much questions that can be asked about this awesome remake. What are you thoughts about those questions?

Back