Final Fantasy VII Remake

Serah

l'Cie,
Veteran
Gil
Alright everybody, after seeing NUMEROUS threads constantly being made on this subject and closing all these threads, it's getting a little tiring. So Aeris Gainsborough gave me the idea to create a sticky for you all to discuss this. Do you think Square will remake Final Fantasy VII for the PS 3? Post your comments, suggestions, opinions, etc... here!

In my opinion, yes, there will definitely be a FFVII remake for the PS3. It was the major selling point of the system. And, let's be honest, those money grubbing bastards at Square Enix are going to squeeze every last penny out of the FFVII franchise. All the post FFVII crap (games, movies, e.t.c.) is just setting the stage for the remake. So yes, you can look forward to "FFVII - The Remake" however, it probably won't be release for a while. Definitely not any time soon. Perhaps 4th quarter of '09 or later.

I think they will. I won't say I hope so, but they definitely will. After viewing the teaser trailer, the graphics will be greatly increased, not that I'm a graphics whore. My main concern is that they leave everything else alone. I'm talking about dialogue, spell names, etc. They can fix all the typos in the text, but just leave it alone. That's the main problem I had with previous re-releases, especially FFVI. They changed so much of the dialogue that I couldn't even follow the story anymore.

Back to the original point, though, they will definitely remake FF7. And I will buy it.

WHAT THE FUCK DID I SAY BOUT FF VII REMAKE THR...*Actually reads first post*...K sorry, my bad.

As said time and time before, FFVII is not being remade for the PS3. This has been offiacialy stated by Square-Enix themselfs. Its also been stated by one of the main developer guys (dont know his name) that there is no plans to do a remake of FFVII untill technological diffrences prevent new consoles to play Playstation discs, and seeing as the PS3 can then don't think it'll be a while, however this is not a solid idea and could very well change but it is how it stands at the moment.

IMO a remake would be good, but it will ruin the game for alot of its original fans (ie the ones playing it since its release, far before all this compilation bollocks). There really is no need for a remake but I'd buy it and play it none the less.

I guess the only reasons I am against it is:
  • Square-Enix should focus more on future games in the series instead of trying to spice up a game this is still VERY PLAYABLE and loved by millions of people all the way from Japan to here in the U.S.
  • IF for any reason they change even ONE thing in the story, I'd flip. I already hate how the FF Advance version of FFIV-FFVI are adding in additional bosses and super bosses which is rediculous.
  • It makes those of us who have played the original version of FFV look like complete and utter dipshits when we say "There's no Omega Mark 2 in FFV!" Then someone says "Nah duuuude! This FFV Advance version gots a buncha new junk like these uber harddd new bosses. They like totally kick my arse."
Sure it would be nice to see a remake of the game with awesome new graphics, and I'd no doubt buy it, but if they change one thing...:mad:

No to any remakes.
Only the REAL classics, I through to V

:blink:Strange man be hush!

Really? Only the classics? Whatever...

I think they're making a remake. You may not believe but now is the time to do it and they know it. They did the teaser trailer. They pulled people off of the "unofficial remake" to finish up Final Fantasy XII. They then came out a week later and retracted the statement saying that they weren't officially working on a Final Fantasy VII remake. Not that they weren't. Just that they weren't "officially".

Right now a big deal is Square-Enix is split. If I remember correctly, there is one guy who is really against any remake of any sort. There is another guy who wants a remake but he's not willing to put in the time. And there's one more guy who wants a remake but he's inexperienced or something weird like that. It's in an old RPGFan article in some Yoichi Wada interview. But Wada has said multiple times that the trailer and AC weren't set up to convert easily over to the PS3 but if they were going to do a remake, it would be in the lifetime of the PS3. They have the character models, the new designs, and more importantly... voice actors. All of that is set up, they just need to get it going. My guess is they'll literally JUST started working on it. The European release of Final Fantasy XII is in 2 days and they said they might start it back up after they were all finished with that, which would have been about a month or so ago.

They're not going to put a lot of people on it, so even if they're starting it now... it's not with a big team. I know they said they had put the old KH team on it or something. But Final Fantasy XIII is a long ways off and so is Final Fantasy XIV and KH3. But yes, we will see it.

And for the record, no one gives a shit about whether or not you can play the PS discs on the PS3. You can still play the old games but if you're really think old games sell as much as new games do, you're just oblivious to the truth. People who haven't played Final Fantasy VII and aren't hardcore fans of the series, won't pick it up unless its redone. And if they redo it, that means that AC, BC, CC, and DC will all get boosts in profits and popularity because the original title was remade.

It's gonna be remade. Get used to it.

I have mixed feelings about this. Well, I think it would be awesome if they remake it but only if they keep the storyline the same and don't change anything except the graphics.

Buuuut, I also kinda don't want them to remake it because I'd rather have them focus on other projects.

Now, the question is...will they or will they not remake it? I really have no clue. Either way, if they do or don't, I'll still be ok with it. :)

As much as I loved the game, I think they should not make another. They've already got DoC, CC, Advent Children, the cartoon version of the whole thing, and then the original. What more is there to add?

I'd buy it because it's the game I love... with shiner graphics. I have a 360 but you don't see me running to buy every new title jsut because it's shiney. I do want this game redone so new people can whore over it as much as I do. lol And I want to see the characters I love most redone. Just because it's redone doesn't mean it'll be compromised.

I see the original FFVII disc as a great statuesque monument to great characters, plot, and music. It's like a holy article that should be kept in a temple or church. If they do the remake, I just see it as them polishing the statue and patching up the places that fell apart over the years so people will revisit the temple. Nothing more. Not making a completely new one or adding anything new... and not just doing it to make it "shinier". It's a monument the the game. They should remake it to honor its greatness.

It would be nice to see FFVII with awesome graphics, but right now I'm against it. I can just see them adding TONS of references to AC, and all the prequels and sequels, so that any of us who want to pretend that they never existed will have to deal with them. They'll probably do what they did to Sephiroth in LO and make it so that he jumped into the Mako reactor instead of having Cloud throw him in there.

I'd stick with the classic. Sure the graphics suck, but you get used to it after a while.

I've said this so many times but, I heard that they will not be remaking VII until it is no longer available to play on the current system.

If there is a remake I'm not buying it for shinier graphics and stuff.

Same here, unless they make a FFVII-2 OR add so much new stuff it's not going to be worth it. Maybe for Diehard fans, i'm not one of them since VII was overrated imo. But i guess the whole point of remaking FFVII is to invite new players into the game not for people who have already played it....well then remake it on the 360 or something...but then again that's bombing in Japan so not such a good idea.

They'll remake it eventually.. I, II, III, IV, V, and VI have all been remade, why stop there?

I remember the first time i saw the FFVII tech demo. I was so hyped for the remake until SE shot down my hopes by saying it was only a "tech demo" and that they had no plans to remake it. I thought to myself, why would they show us that? Why not show a trialer or demo of FFXIII? I can't imagine them wasting their time just to say it was a "tech demo". Thats why i believe that SE will eventually release a remake.

In my opinion, i say yes and no LOL

For these examples below:

-I don't beleive that such a wanderful game as this needing any improvement.

-I think a remake would only destroy the energy it always had as its best FF game.

- and for the 3rd reason, well yes graphic wize is nice...but to this game, i think leaving it as it is...original and not inhanced would be more preferable.

A remake would allow you to interact with the characters on a whole new level, simply because of graphics and voice overs alone. But I don't believe that they'll make too many changes; they'll be too afraid to screw up the game and turn away fans. Besides, what's the use debating over whether they should or not? They're making it right now. They've remade it for the PSP. A game for the console isn't far off. We'll all just have to see what happens and summarily embrace it or shun it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they should, but i also think they should remake ff7 and ff8 for the psp, i think it will sell remarkably well.

Personally I don't think they will remake FFVII. Lets face it, the sheer amount of time and money involved would be almost as much as creating a new game from scratch. Ain't going to happen.

As for whether it would be a good idea to re-make, my gut instinct is no, it wouldn't. (Kinda reminds me of the Star Wars special editions).

Finally (and I guess this is the important one) would I buy it?.....

YES YES YES!!! (Oh and YESSSS!)

Back