Final Fantasy VII Remake

wow...i can gladly say to you my kind sir friend...NO SPAMMING!
do you think before you type? not one word in your thread was on a basic remake. and my g/f Lacy would have a few words with you for calling all the peple who played Final Fantasy XI and i quote "faggots"
id watch my mouth if i were u or a mod/systems administrator will be confronting you next time my friend
Well looking back maybe I was a tad OTT, after having afew brewes n'all, but in general thats was never meant to take actual offence. I'm sure you put unessasary words in sentances before when your annoyed at sometime or another, it was just that.

I however don't see how my post is actually spam tho. If you read the forums you will have noticed im not a fan of this so called FFVII remake. My paticular point this time was the fact alot of people who are hopefull for a remake are hyped up about it because they have been fed false information and/or because they belive its going to happen due to the popularity of the original since AC etc. They seem to think that at a buisness point of view that it is definilty on its way soon, but I think SE have proved they arn't exactly the quickest of cats when it comes to logical buisness at the moment for example FFXI. FFXI is an online only game, which has isolated ALOT of the Final Fantasy fan base even if it does seem to have good sales at the moment. why they chose an online only formate for a main FF is utterly ridiculas no?

They accused it of being spam most probably because of the negative tone of your post, we all have to love FFVII and the possibility of how awesome a remake is, not argue of how money used for such a project could be used elsewhere for original RPGs which is why I liked SE to begin with.

Not because of DMC shooter clones or second rate movies (which is being very fair), but hey excuse me for wanting something new.

if they remake it, i might actually buy a PS3 just for that game
i loved FF VII (not more than VIII tho :P)
im sure they will remake it eventually, they are working their way up, they did 1&2, IV, V, and VI for GBA, and III for DS, what number is next? VII!

now, if they made a FF VIII remake (though im 99.01% sure they wouldnt, not as many people liked that game) i would buy 3 PS3's to get my hands on a copy of that!

Moonchild said:
I however don't see how my post is actually spam tho.

Your post seems very much like spam, as all you seem to be doing in that post is bitch about how stupid everyone is for wanting a remake and insulting another game as well. It had very little relevance to the topic. It may have meant something much more to you, but for the most part, it appears as if all your doing is complaining.

My paticular point this time was the fact alot of people who are hopefull for a remake are hyped up about it because they have been fed false information and/or because they belive its going to happen due to the popularity of the original since AC etc.

No, a lot of people are hopeful because they like the game and wish to see an improvment of the original released instead of yet another spinoff. You will find that 'they' use the point of what the huge benefit from a remake would be, in an argument against those who say that SE won't do it because there's nothing to be gained.

Scrutator said:
They accused it of being spam most probably because of the negative tone of your post, we all have to love FFVII and the possibility of how awesome a remake is, not argue of how money used for such a project could be used elsewhere for original RPGs which is why I liked SE to begin with.

Not because of DMC shooter clones or second rate movies (which is being very fair), but hey excuse me for wanting something new.

Oh? And what might you call your own post? Is it relevent to the topic of this thread? Hardly. Clear the mote in your own eye before clearing your neighbor's.

Stop trolling. That's all your doing.

Constant remakes and ports at full retail price over the last few years rather than coming up something original doesn't count? Are you that bloody simpleminded that you think that SE are not trying to make money?

Alright look...don't say shit like that unless you want me to ban your ass, because it's not an issue.

I never said I thought that Square wasn't out to make money, so don't shove words in my mouth. In fact, I think it's an obvious gesture that they're trying to rake in funds. But you're indicating that they don't care about their fanbase, which I think is entirely untrue...

No, a lot of people are hopeful because they like the game and wish to see an improvment of the original released instead of yet another spinoff. You will find that 'they' use the point of what the huge benefit from a remake would be, in an argument against those who say that SE won't do it because there's nothing to be gained.
I would love to agree with you, but to be fair its most likely not the case. The hype over a FF remake has only really came up in recent years following the GBA rerelases and DS remake of III. Belive it or not people are ignorant, and have fallen into the obsessive mindset of the 'Remake'. "Because I-VI have been redone obviously means that VII is definitly next". The game is only 10 years old, a remake is not needed and SE knows it even if the Compilation of FFVII is racking in cash for them. Hense why they arn't doing it for years to come.

Sure some, like yourself, want an 'improvment', but to be honest as long as its a game in shiny PS3 graphics that resemble FFVII with the text FFVII plasterd over the case then majority will be happy and this whole debate thing will start up again for FFVIII because ''ya'know its the next game, they DEFINITLY have to do it''....then IX, then X and X-2....in a double pack....then XII!....

I wouldn't mind a remake, I think it'll be quite good, but I'm not gonna be one to say "OMGZ a FFVII remake, Its gonna be soooo coool" everytime someone else posts a topic about it. SE will not be doing the possibility of a remake for quite sometime, there rally is no need to get hyped up about it cos theres nothing to get hyped about.

Oh? And what might you call your own post? Is it relevent to the topic of this thread? Hardly. Clear the mote in your own eye before clearing your neighbor's.

I gave my opinion about the idea of a FFVIII remake and you and others constantly had to go into my face about it because I didn't like the prospect of it so I responded in kind which went further than it was supposed to but whatever, the thread is about an idea of a remake not a lovely dovey fest about how great it could be. Respect that I have a bloody different opinion before you get on your high horse.

I never said I thought that Square wasn't out to make money, so don't shove words in my mouth. In fact, I think it's an obvious gesture that they're trying to rake in funds. But you're indicating that they don't care about their fanbase, which I think is entirely untrue...

You asked me to say why I thought they didn't respect their fanbase and I responded, whether or not you agree is up to you and I would respect your difference of opinion whether or not I agree with it. You sort of agree with me in the principal that they are blatantly trying to rake in us much cash in as possible with half baked games, which normally won't sell but the fanbase would because it has FFVII on the cover, this to me is trying to ripoff the fans who have followed them for years but as I've said you think differently which is all good and dandy.

Just don't think that I'm going to change my mind because someone doesn't agree with me or to not say negative things about SE because it's a FF site.

Last edited:
I know you have a right to say anything whatsoever that crosses your mind, but you don't have to insult people...

I can see why you think they're trying to rip off the fans, in fact I never said I thought they weren't trying to rip us off with VII spinoffs...
But I think they do care about their fanbase since that's what supports them.

a remake of Final fantasy VII, I'm in between on yes there is and no there isn't because it was a rumour when the tech demo came out but after that it left and never return til now. But it would make Square Enix rich if they made a remake, everyone would buy it

People stay on topic here please. Stop arguing, stop spamming or I will not hesitate to hand out infractions!

Hey guys, seen what i just dug up on the internet.

if you read the box it says that they are infact going to make it again for the PS3, and that they have already made a'tech demo'.
:P :P :P
I'll go see if i can dig anymore information up about it OK!

Where did you find that and where was the source of information located? They did in fact make a tech demo, but if they were really going to remake this, it would have been known by now.

IMO it would be a great idea for them to remake FFVII, why not it was a big money maker when it first cam out so why not do it again? The only reason that i think it is not a good idea is because they are going to try and change it to much by like adding voices or adding or subtracting characters and dungeons. That would totaly ruine the game if they were to do any of that. all they should do is improve the graphics and fix the translation and nothing else! but i would definately buy it when they do remake it!

i went on images on google and put in final fantasy VIII (i was looking for a good picture of squall to go on my desktop) and a few pages in i found this!

I know you have a right to say anything whatsoever that crosses your mind, but you don't have to insult people...

I can see why you think they're trying to rip off the fans, in fact I never said I thought they weren't trying to rip us off with VII spinoffs...
But I think they do care about their fanbase since that's what supports them.
To tell the truth, I'd rather be ripped-off with a good remake of a classic game than more games that (to me) out-and-out suck. You say they should make more original stuff, and I disagree because the last three individually-numbered (original) games weren't really worth that much to me, so I doubt another would get me excited.

The Square-Enix around nowadays is not the varsity team that made FF 1-10, but a JV team that is only good at doing remakes. Well... That's my opinion, anyway.

if they are making a remake, i think they should have:
-more side quests to understand other FF7 stories
-maybe better battle play
-for sure with better graphics should come facial expressions!

To tell the truth, I'd rather be ripped-off with a good remake of a classic game than more games that (to me) out-and-out suck. You say they should make more original stuff, and I disagree because the last three individually-numbered (original) games weren't really worth that much to me, so I doubt another would get me excited.

The Square-Enix around nowadays is not the varsity team that made FF 1-10, but a JV team that is only good at doing remakes. Well... That's my opinion, anyway.
I know what you mean. Since the merging with Enix, all thats come from the company has been mediocre material or majorly off ideas except for the Advance ports and FFXII. X-2 shouldn't of happend, FFXI shouldn't have been an Online game and if it was necassary to do one why the hell make it part of the main seires?!, and majority of the FFVII compilation isn't exactly worth boasting about....

FFXII has been the best and original thing from SE so far, hopefully its the start of a new and better age than what its treated us so far....

I know what you mean. Since the merging with Enix, all thats come from the company has been mediocre material or majorly off ideas except for the Advance ports and FFXII. X-2 shouldn't of happend, FFXI shouldn't have been an Online game and if it was necassary to do one why the hell make it part of the main seires?!, and majority of the FFVII compilation isn't exactly worth boasting about....

FFXII has been the best and original thing from SE so far, hopefully its the start of a new and better age than what its treated us so far....

Apparently after Versus, Nomura wants to work on KH.

this makes me sad as KH is a bad game :sad:

Back