Final Fantasy VII Remake

Trust me, you won't like it. They'll be one element in a remake that you'll feel that would ruin the game and you'll curse SE for being created. And I thought that people would learn from FFX that voice overs are not always a good thing.

If that's the case, which I highly doubt (remember they don't want to ruin their greatest achievment) then we'll all have to live with it. And you can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so." k?

I'm not feeling any ph34r either, you and your monkeys phail in a major way.

XD It's a joke! Yur supposed to LAUGH!

If that's the case, which I highly doubt (remember they don't want to ruin their greatest achievment) then we'll all have to live with it. And you can have the satisfaction of saying "I told you so." k?

They might not have ruined their "greatest" achievement but they are damn well doing a bang up job shitting on its legacy at every opportunity they get by milking it for every penny.

What I don't understand is why so many people bitch and moan about SE milking the FF franchise for the money yet go la-la for a remake and how it makes good business sense because of the money that it'll generate. Bloody hypocrites.

Here's why we like remakes, but not extensions of series:

They are REMAKES, meaning, they are the game you loved with all the characters you love in the very story in which you fell in love with them. Making sequels out the wazoo just does not have a good effect, especially in a short amount of time.

Why? Because you know that with them making so many sequals, the people who made the original would be spread thin, and, thus, the sequels won't compare in the slightest.

The best-made remakes are those done by the majority of the original team, or a remake done by a team that slowly and meticulously toils to be truthful to the source material. Unfortunately, I doubt that would come from Square-Enix, and, normally, if it's bad in my opinion, I wouldn't buy an SE game, but I'd make an exception for a FFVII remake, just so I'd have my own copy finally.

They might not have ruined their "greatest" achievement but they are damn well doing a bang up job shitting on its legacy at every opportunity they get by milking it for every penny.

Indeed, they are ruining it with all the spinoffs.

And well said LupineVoid. There's your answer Scrutator.

um...HELLOOOOO!! Just what r u confusd abowt?! this has to do with the movie being made into a game for the PS3!
Explained enough for you!

*sigh* Dude, that was a joke. (good lord, if jokes were passenger pigeons, then everyone here would be a punt gun.) Get it?

They're not making the movie into a game because, the movie is an extenstion of the game itself.

It's too late in the day for me to go on and on and on about this but look at it this way.

SE don't give a monkeys ass about you or your feelings or what your experiences with their games are, just the money that they can get for selling the games since it is a business. If they had any respect for you then AC, DoC etc would not have been created in the first place. They milked it and fanboys like yourself (not you specifically so don't dare start) bought them because it had FFVII on the cover and nothing else.

So for me a remake is exactly the same thing, FFVII doesn't need to be remade. It would be another cashin aimed at people like yourself who would quite gladly buy a remake that will be pretty much the same as the original because it had FFVII attached to it.

You're trying to relive the glory days when FFVII was the big thing, it's not anymore since there is far more available to us now than there was back then. But if you wish to have constant remakes of 10 year old + games then be my guest, I rather spend my money on something new rather than wasting it on an experience long past.

You're trying to relive the glory days when FFVII was the big thing, it's not anymore since there is far more available to us now than there was back then. But if you wish to have constant remakes of 10 year old + games then be my guest, I rather spend my money on something new rather than wasting it on an experience long past.

To me, it's not a waste, because I've never been able to complete the game, due to it being another person's game I was playing. If it was 'exactly the same' as the original, and I buy it, I'm not one of the people you address, as I never really experienced it at all.

I beg to differ my friend. Square-Enix is basically a copyright to Playstation. They havent come out with any "Big Hitters" lately
Final Fantasy VII is and was the Next Generation of all final Fantasies... not only did final fantasy VII benefit from itself, it helped create the
"Computer Graphics" for the first time in many video games in videogame history.
Now, because it was voted for best graphics, "all new animated computer graphics" and so on.
if they did make the movie into a game, and they will, they will make a LOT, A TON, of MULAH

SE don't give a monkeys ass about you or your feelings or what your experiences with their games are, just the money that they can get for selling the games since it is a business.

Oh, but they do. You see, if they don't recreate the EXACT same tone/mood the whole deal, then the players won't like it. Players that, like you said, are so intimate with the story after playing many times over again. So what the consumer thinks/feels (in this case) has everything to do with the remake.

If they had any respect for you then AC, DoC etc would not have been created in the first place. They milked it and fanboys like yourself (not you specifically so don't dare start) bought them because it had FFVII on the cover and nothing else.

lol, i've only played the game and seen the movie. The rest is just crap, I know that. Many people don't. So I don't bother with it. And they started the spinoffs for one reason: to fill the demand for more from this certain game. FF7 is quite remarkable, truly unique, in the fact that it's so good, people simply don't want it to end. Eventually, SE realized that a remake is needed to satisfy the hunger for more.

So for me a remake is exactly the same thing, FFVII doesn't need to be remade. It would be another cashin aimed at people like yourself who would quite gladly buy a remake that will be pretty much the same as the original because it had FFVII attached to it.

Yes money is involved, it always is involved in everything. I, for one, know it's going to be a very long time until we see a remake. 1) just remaking the game with the improved graphics is going to take a long time 2) it'll probably come out on a new console, hopefully the 'fixed' PS3. I only own a ps1, a broken one at that. So for me, even if it did come out right now, it wouldn't be on the shopping list.

lol, but the remake is new! And actually, the simple fact is, a copy of FF7 is far harder to get then you say. There's not enough to go around.

It's too late in the day for me to go on and on and on about this but look at it this way.

SE don't give a monkeys ass about you or your feelings or what your experiences with their games are, just the money that they can get for selling the games since it is a business. If they had any respect for you then AC, DoC etc would not have been created in the first place. They milked it and fanboys like yourself (not you specifically so don't dare start) bought them because it had FFVII on the cover and nothing else.

Excuse me! i very much dislike final Fantasy VII. i just state the facts.
I wouldnt call me a fanboy. cause both you and i r both members of a Final Fantasy Fan site, mind u. and to be honest... LOL!, im not that big on final fantasy. and one more outburst like that and im reporting u to a mod/admin. Chill

I love it how majority of you guys are so dislusional. "Yeah SE will defo make it soon cos the time is right!"

OK so the time is right in a buisness point of view....

WRONG! Sure everyones hyped about it, and sure it will sell amazingly, BUT! if anything I have learnd from SE is that they are shit when it comes to buisness (FF XI Anyone?, no not the online 24/7 faggots, I mean real people!).

At the end of the day, they have chosen to consider it another time, end of. If you want to belive the absolute shit that it is on the way then suckes be to you. As much there is reason to release it, there is also reason to relaease false info in which fanboys/girls love to lap up.

To each his own opinion...but...I don't think it's legit for you to say this, seeing as that you probably don't work at SE, and you may not have enough inside insight on what SE does or doesn't care about...

Please provide valid proof for any case in which someone from SE indicated "not giving a monkeys ass" about the concerns of their fanbase...

I think it's highly possible that FFVII would be remade, but I thoroughly agree that it would be a delicate project. Any tweeks or changes made to the game might be unsettling for VII's fans...

To each his own opinion...but...I don't think it's legit for you to say this, seeing as that you probably don't work at SE, and you may not have enough inside insight on what SE does or doesn't care about...

Please provide valid proof for any case in which someone from SE indicated "not giving a monkeys ass" about the concerns of their fanbase...

I think it's highly possible that FFVII would be remade, but I thoroughly agree that it would be a delicate project. Any tweeks or changes made to the game might be unsettling for VII's fans...
Exactly... in this case, they'd be treading on the 'hallowed' ground of FFVII, and they know that if they screw it up, their fanbase will plummet drastically, because they made the game once, why can't they do it again with the current technology and make it just as good, if not better?

Personally, I'm not an obsessive FFVII fan, but I would definately like to see a remake, so that it'll be easy for me to buy my own copy of FFVII.

I love it how majority of you guys are so dislusional. "Yeah SE will defo make it soon cos the time is right!"

OK so the time is right in a buisness point of view....

WRONG! Sure everyones hyped about it, and sure it will sell amazingly, BUT! if anything I have learnd from SE is that they are shit when it comes to buisness (FF XI Anyone?, no not the online 24/7 faggots, I mean real people!).

At the end of the day, they have chosen to consider it another time, end of. If you want to belive the absolute shit that it is on the way then suckes be to you. As much there is reason to release it, there is also reason to relaease false info in which fanboys/girls love to lap up.

wow...i can gladly say to you my kind sir friend...NO SPAMMING!
do you think before you type? not one word in your thread was on a basic remake. and my g/f Lacy would have a few words with you for calling all the peple who played Final Fantasy XI and i quote "faggots"
id watch my mouth if i were u or a mod/systems administrator will be confronting you next time my friend

You guys seriously aughta get back on track before I close this thread...

STOP SPAMMING.

There we go, finally. I was gonna say... how many pages did it need before someone stepped in. lol Thank you, Rhea.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we don't need your negativity. If you're going to express you're opinions, just do it. This is like the third topic I've seen in just a few days that has been filled with name calling, random insults, and disrespect to members and moderators. You guys really need to get a grip. Sooner or later you're going to end up pissing the mod staff off enough where they're just going to start handing out bannings at the slightest hint of an infraction. These people do a good job and work hard to keep these forums going, don't spew you're crap all over the place and just expect them to mop it up.

And on topic, I really hope they do make a remake. I hope they don't ruin anything I liked about the original but I think they'll take good care not to botch it, just like they did with Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. I'll be happy so long as they don't add any new bosses, plot events, or people. If they just keep everything the same then everyone will be happy. Same gameplay, same story, same everything... just updated graphics and music.

the best way for them to keep FF7 on the market a bit longer, is the remake on PS3. iknow tha the game still is very popular, but i latetly felt tha it needed some youth elixir

Constant remakes and ports at full retail price over the last few years rather than coming up something original doesn't count? Are you that bloody simpleminded that you think that SE are not trying to make money?

Back