Final Fantasy VII Remake

Advent Children is getting remade, so I don't see why the original game shouldn't be remade. I'd love to see a remake and see what it'd be like some years from now.

Eventually Square Enix will Remake FF7, but as of right now there are WAY too many projects going on right now. Im pretty sure the FF7 Remake will have more plots and much more side quests to understand AC and probably Before Crisis and Crisis Core. There's alot of things that SE didnt explain in the AC and im sure they will explain it more throughly for us hardcore fans to understand. but im expecting late/early 2009 or 2010 untill they start doing the project for the PS3

I think they should remake it. The graphics sometimes put me off playing the original (depending on my mood) so it would be great to see it with better graphics. However i think that is the only thing they should change. If they do remake it then they should leave the dialog alone and not add any new sidequests/weapons etc

when they do make the remake, facial expressions would be a HUGE thing if there are no voices.

So since this is the only topic about the remake, I'll just post this questionaire in here. If it were being remade, who would you want to see redone the most? Which one of the many many characters/monsters would you like to see in brand spanking new pixelated glory?

I would have to go with Heidegger and Bugenhagen. They're both great characters. Heidegger cracks me up cause he's a complete freaking lunie. He's got a horriblyl bad temper, a chuckle to die for, and his idea of discipline is to toss people off bridges. haha As for Bugenhagen, I'd love to see how they update the design for the character... mainly since he's a floating legless wiseman with a Santa Claus complex. Ho ho ho

Definitely Bugenhagen for me! Sure he looks like a mini Christopher Lloyd with glasses in FFVII the actual game, but I bet he'd look pretty awesome in a remake.

Also, the Weapons would have to look hands-down, freaking awesome! Can you imagine what Emerald, Ruby, Ultima, etc would all look like as there were released from and started to roam the planet. Simply amazing.

If they do the remake, I have to agree with Busta on this. I would DEFINANTLY love to see how Bugenhagen looks! That's going to be so totally awesome! I also really wanna see what Elmyra looks like and how Ifalna looks too. I also think it would be cool to see what Dyne, Jesse, Biggs and Wedge all look like as well! OMG I really hope they do this remake and with the voice overs they've been using because it would be just flat out wicked:D

Holy crap! I never even thought about Biggs, Wedge, Jesse and that whole party. Man, that would be so incredibly sweet. hahahahahaha! Remake! HUZZAH! Babaganoush!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they made the re-make or didn't. Although I have reason to believe it's been said somewhere that it'll not happen, there's... quite the demand for it. I'd buy a copy, for sure, but I'd only be looking for the bosses. Emerald Weapon needs some fine tuning, so to see him with graphics riding out of his asshole would be amazing.

I'd love to see the burning of Nebelheim with such graphics. Sephiroth in any form would look stunning under such advances.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm far too doubtful of it.

But the sheer amount of money they'll get from a remake would be worth all that time and money. You yourself GV said you would buy it. So there you go.

Wow this is still going on?! they Are making another Final Fantasy VII for PS3. wouldnt call it a "remake" though. its supposed to take after the movie

imo they seriously should remake just for the graphics... the reason FFVII was so great was its story... the graphics are complete and utter crap(they were good then, now they're just... well crap)
and with the new possibilities of the PS3, i think they SHOULD make use of it and make the "perfect" game
with perfect story, perfect gameplay, perfect music, perfect graphics... and only a 7 remake would come close to that...

myself, i haven't played 7... but i do know in greater lines what's going on there...
anyhow, what i want to say is that they may alter anything except the story...

If I had a PS3 at the time they made a remake of FFVII, I'd get it... I just hope they keep the characters/story the same. To me, they can change whatever else they want after that; leveling system, spell names, summons, etc. I play FF games for story and characters anyway, not for the tedium of leveling through battles, though it is neccessary to advance the story.

I've never really completed the original myself. I don't own my own copy, so I borrow it on-and-off from a friend. Unfortunately, something always happens in my life when I don't have the time to play through it.

A remake would suck ass and you will all hate it. Almost every remake of classic games are looked down upon because they don't measure up to the original, this is because the people who would buy said remake have played it already about 31256 times or so.

RPGs would suffer more since the story would be effectively the same and since that is one aspect they can't change too much then all the stuff that happens like Aerith's death won't have the same affect because you know it will happen.

What I don't understand is why so many people bitch and moan about SE milking the FF franchise for the money yet go la-la for a remake and how it makes good business sense because of the money that it'll generate. Bloody hypocrites.

There is one thing that does need changing: how the characters stats affect your damage and defense and whatnot. You're given those sources for a reason. I never had to use them. Why? What good did they do! You're never privy to the information on just what your stats DO. All you can do is buy stuff with yellow numbers and hope you do better in battle. (But in, Diablo, for example, you know that the higher strength you have the more damage you do. In ff7, you never know this, if that even is the case.)

A remake would suck ass and you will all hate it. Almost every remake of classic games are looked down upon because they don't measure up to the original, this is because the people who would buy said remake have played it already about 31256 times or so.

RPGs would suffer more since the story would be effectively the same and since that is one aspect they can't change too much then all the stuff that happens like Aerith's death won't have the same affect because you know it will happen.

What I don't understand is why so many people bitch and moan about SE milking the FF franchise for the money yet go la-la for a remake and how it makes good business sense because of the money that it'll generate. Bloody hypocrites.
So? Many things change in a remake. Many things are added. Hearing the char's voices in the game would dramatically change the feel of the game. A whole new level is added. you can get into the game so much more.

And, because you pissed me off, my flying monkeys are coming after you. :D Ph34r them!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So? Many things change in a remake. Many things are added. Hearing the char's voices in the game would dramatically change the feel of the game. A whole new level is added. you can get into the game so much more.
And, because you pissed me off, my flying monkeys are coming after you. :D Ph34r them!!

Trust me, you won't like it. They'll be one element in a remake that you'll feel that would ruin the game and you'll curse SE for being created. And I thought that people would learn from FFX that voice overs are not always a good thing.

I'm not feeling any ph34r either, you and your monkeys phail in a major way.

Back