Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Andre the Adamantoise
Zell
FFXIV
Ilyena Frost
FFXIV Server
Lamia
If you had to pick, would you say you love the game, or hate the game? Explain the reasons why you feel this strongly about the game in this thread and share your opinions.

Please try and elaborate on your posts, as short spammy posts may be deleted without warning.

If I could, I'd vote both of those.

I love it because it's my favourite way of playing an RPG. I can level up WHM when I want to sit in the back and (almost) not care what monster we're fighting. All I have to do is stare at the health bars.

But then, tomorrow I am feeling like beating up on things, so I'll switch to MNK and go crazy. At the same time though, I don't lose any of the progress I've made on WHM. Or, for example, I want to solo, and I'll hop on THF or RDM.

I hate it because of the other people on it. I get along with one of two people, but I've never been in a LS for more than two weeks. I can't stand any LS leaders anymore. None of them know what they're doing or how to actually run a LS.

Combine that with the pain in the ass undercutters on the AH, and it really doesn't make for friendly environment anymore.

I love ffxi lol. I agree with GBJoker some though. I love being able to make friends on there all the time. I've been in 4 or 5 ls' but I stay in mine mostly because it has very few people in it and I actually know those people irl. I stopped playin it for a couple of years when money was tight (and I was too young to really care about the concepts of the game). I started up last year again and I can't stop playing, I'm about to purchase FFXIV as well.

Honestly I haven't had any bad experiences, only funny ones, while playing.

I don't know where to begin with this..

It was just another day on January 24th 2004. That's when I went out to get FFXI. I re-rolled so many times.. one memory that sticks out was when I was on the unicorn server and this nice taru saved me from being killed by a goblin lol. That had a huge impact on me though but it wasn't until later on that I realized being a WHM was my calling.

Well several years later, I'm retired. 75RDM, 85SCH 70WHM 40BLM. I had some ups and downs with the game, but overall, it was an exciting experience. I wish I could go back to be honest, but starting over at this point would be painful.

When the game was released it was definitely a game changer. Being able to playing in a Final Fantasy world as your own hero, now that's something most Final Fantasy fans had been waiting for.

The style of the game was very different (which makes sense since it is no longer an RPG, but an MMORGP), which made it interesting and yet somehow a bit disappointing. While being used to be fed with story and information in the regular series, I felt the lack of story line, especially early in the game, too great to actually pull you in.
Especially now it is quite hard to be fascinated or even interested by the game for me. I replay older Final Fantasies anually, however when I returned to this game 2 years ago I could not mananged to feel the need to become high level again and find out all the secrets of Vana'diel.

So my conclusion is that for its time it was an amazing game, just because it was a new kind of thing (to me at least), however now I have a hard time enjoying it. So my vote went out to "hate it".

I loved it way more than Final Fantasy XIV, but there's a few things I would have changed.

First is that the game was virtually designed for use with a controller. I prefer playing MMOs with the keyboard so I don't have to keep switching between the controller and the keyboard when I want to play and be social. Sure, the game is playable with a mouse and keyboard, but I've always found it so hard to.

Second, is how long it takes to level up. I understand not wanting to make it too easy, but damn.

I love(d) ffxi with a passion. The adventure, the people, the excitement. Mostly the players though. I had an absolute blast. Unfortuantly with abyssea, that started the ball rolling on a series of things I didn't like about the game. It's now so solo oriented, you can solo 1-99 in a matter of days. It's all about the end game content.

The golden age of the game was 2006 for me. As retail is now, I wouldn't play it. If you want to push through the stories they're good, but it's not worth joining for the people anymore.

Back