FFIII: Love it or hate it?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
I've only played all the way through the iOS version, but I thought it was great! At its core it was more refined and better presented than FFI and II, but still maintained most of the same story elements and overall had the most interesting storyline of the three, I think. In my mind FFI-III are all sort of attempts at creating the perfect first FF game, and III was that ultimate success.

I played all the way through the DS version and hated every blasted second of it. None of the characters had a personality. I think my favorite character was the main enemy, Dark Cloud, because of the way it spoke. While I'm on the subject, none of the characters were particularly good-looking either - something, apparently, only I care about >.< It's like they were all meant to be cute dolls - and they didn't even accomplish 'cute' very well: the pear-shape = not attractive :mad:
The story was typical dark vs. light. Bored me to death and beyond. I hung to every word in vain, for in retrospect, none of it (except for the ending Dark Cloud's wordage) was truly memorable.
The job system annoyed me quite a bit as well. Unlike FF Tactics, you are unable to use the abilities of an old job (even if you mastered it) while in a new job, so I was like "What was the ****ing point then? Why did I master that just to start all over again in a new job?" And then there was the dreaded 'transitioning period'. If you change your character's job - even when you're just trying to find out what it's like and quickly change back - you still have to go a set number of battles before you're adjusted to it again, lowering your stats during that time.
The enemies were pretty awful too. Even after I'd reached level 60, the airship kept repeating the same old weak enemies. Training up to defeat the bosses was horrendous and when you AREN'T ready, there's no skip cut-scene option, so you're condemned to relive every uninspired sentence again and again until you are.
So, if there were a "Hurl the DS version of this game into Mount Doom" option in the poll, you can bet I would have chosen it.

This is a tricky question for me. I love the game in and of its self. Of course, I love playing Role Playing Games. However, the requirement of social interaction through "Mog Mail" to get secrets such as the Onion Knight job class, Secret Dungeon, and the Ultima Weapon frustrate me to no end. So you see, I am torn between the games I love, and the crappy attempt to make gamers interact with one another using the internet.

I neither love or hate it. Because the game is ancient, new graphics and music alone isn't much of a saving grace. I see it as a prototype for the much more refined FFV.

I enjoy FF3 very much. The story, the design, i still find it to be one of the more unique FFs. The first to introduce Dark Warriors as previous protagonist. ANd its overall my favorite NES game (although i wish FF3 had a similar opening scene as FF1, then again i ask this for any FF). Previous FFs as much as i loved them, were annoying

It still introduced some great aspects. I say love.

Back