FFII: Love it or hate it?

im nuetral. the game was just a transition from ffone to ffthree. overall the plot was a little basic and predictable

Just started this one the other day and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The experience system is unique but can be a bit frustrating. The story is more interesting than FFI's but still lacks any real depth. Perhaps it gets more interesting later.

I just finished the Final Fantasy Origins version of the game yesterday. Final verdict: A decent game but not one of my favorite titles in the series. The EXP system was unique but grated on my nerves after a while (especially after realizing that I'd barely grinded my MP stats towards the end of the game). I found the final boss to be disappointingly easy using the Blood Sword (I killed him in two hits). Come to think of it, I don't think a single boss gave me a game over.

Like Final Fantasy I, I still enjoyed it a ton and it was worth playing to experience how the series progressed but it isn't a game I'll be returning to any time soon.

I can definitely see how some people can hate it, I myself like a little mix-up with battling here and there, but it gets repetitive and I was in that drifting out of RPGs stage when I played this, so I never beat it. I personally liked it (love it) but I can see why they didn't release it in America, Square was testing out a new mechanic and it wasn't very well recieved in Japan (I imagine) so it wasn't released until the company was incredibly well-known, which is exactly what VII caused.

I actually loved this game alongside FFI. I've completed it on both PS1 and GBA and I think the experience system is quite cool and unique although I agree with Sidereelpassing that if you don't use your spells enough, you're screwed in the latter parts of the game. This means that, in order to level up your MP and spells, you've got to use magic that you don't necessarily want or need to use. It's not a legendary game by any means, but I'd say it was a personal favourite to me.

From what I remember,I enjoyed this game. I actually liked the leveling system, with its quirks and bugs. Though, it did mean you would have to either set up your party for what you want it for early in the game, or power-train your attributes like a mother-fleeping monster.

I liked the guest-party character aspect as well.

Never played the Soul of Rebirth, mainly because I never bothered finished the final dungeon.

Back