FFX: Love It or Hate It?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
Have to say that I loved it.
the first game i properly played growing up as it came out just as i turned 5, my cousin (who was like a big brother to me at the time) showed me it and i still play it today. i preordered the HD remaster back in september just to play it on ps3 instead of having to change with wires to plug my ps2 in.
the overall storyline was fantastic in my opinion and dont really agree with people calling it linear, i understand why people say that but it just sounds negative. the characters being so diverse, especially with wakka being a bit discriminant towards the al bhed.
the sphere grid was one of my favourite things about it, the individual person learning that skill just made so much more sense than the earlier games just simply buying the skill, that was like walking into a shop in real life and paying a grand to be able to do a double backflip, just so stupid. that doesnt include the materia system of FFVII because i loved that, spheres made of pur mako energy each with different properties :D

but overall i loved the game, and i was severely disappointed at the heap of chocobo droppings of a game when they released X-2, fair enough it added a couple important little bits to the overall story but thats no excuse for putting them into a terrible game. they could have done something great with a similar system to dresspheres but im sorry, basing classes on different clothes just seemed like they were trying to make connections with barbie dolls, i saw someone earlier describe it as being a charlie's angels approach and i agree, all be it a pathetic approach. it just all came across as a very girly game.

rant over but i loved the original game and im now waiting for the hd remaster, presordered it 4 months ago, only 2 more months to wait.

I really liked Final Fantasy X. My favorite characters are Tidus, Auron, Lulu and Yuna. Well to be honest, I really liked all of them. But If I'd have to pick, it'd be those 4.

I rarely say stuff like this because it is kinda stupid to make judgments but in this case I think it would be a fair take on things. If you do not love this game then your truly do not like final fantasy as a franchise and you should just stop. Final Fantasy 10 is one of the best if not the best of the series to date. The story is unreal and well told, The characters have tons of depth and background, There is great design into the landscapes and monsters and even the mini games are really cool. There is really not one aspect of this game I disliked but I will say there is a few things I would change.

-change-

- chocobo race for sun sigil. This was just poorly designed and tho it is still do able it usually ( unless for a stroke of luck early on ) becomes unenjoyable long before you accomplish the task so much so that when you do finish you get a sigh of relief but still feel as if it was not worth it.

- The level up bug me you have to use a character for them to level up. I think if you win all your team should level up but there is plenty of final fantasy games like this so nothing new. For me I just find it a pain using the less useful characters ever fight just so they can keep up with the rest. I mean you could take them on a different sphere grid pattern easily ( I use the expert grid ) but then you miss all their signature moves.

- Blitzball is one of the best minigames ever in a final fantasy game but it feels so dragged out at times because there is not much for you as a player to do but sit and watch for ten minutes a game. It would be nice if they made the player more involved.

- The lightning mini game which I have never completed (but I am going to this time through if it kills me) Is really the stupidest thing in the game to me....wtf is 200 lightning bolts in a row I much would prefer like 1000 lightning bolts over all then in a row because 200 is a lot and you zone out by like 20 and you eventually get hit by one and then you gotta start again.

Still the things I would change and more this is still probably the best game in the final fantasy series ( followed closely by 8,7 for me ) and on the scale I would rank it one of the best games I have ever played in my life. I think I have beat it around 4 time and even on my fifth run through in the hd version I am still enjoying every bit of it.

- Blitzball is one of the best minigames ever in a final fantasy game but it feels so dragged out at times because there is not much for you as a player to do but sit and watch for ten minutes a game. It would be nice if they made the player more involved.

I like your comment but just wanted to say you can play Blitzball on manual mode where you get to control all the characters movements, which means a lot less sitting and watching and more actual playing.

I rarely say stuff like this because it is kinda stupid to make judgments but in this case I think it would be a fair take on things. If you do not love this game then your truly do not like final fantasy as a franchise and you should just stop. Final Fantasy 10 is one of the best if not the best of the series to date. The story is unreal and well told, The characters have tons of depth and background, There is great design into the landscapes and monsters and even the mini games are really cool. There is really not one aspect of this game I disliked but I will say there is a few things I would change.

I didn't find FFX characters deep.....

I like your comment but just wanted to say you can play Blitzball on manual mode where you get to control all the characters movements, which means a lot less sitting and watching and more actual playing.

ya I may try that this time through. I always knew you could but just never really wanted to. I usually just hit about 5 goals and then watched tv until the game was over.

I didn't find FFX characters deep.....

In what way did you not. they all have a decnt back history in one of the most in depth world created in final fantasy. I think the only one who was left out was rikku as not much was learned about her. As For tidus, Auron, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna and kimari, they all had plenty of detail to them.

ya I may try that this time through. I always knew you could but just never really wanted to. I usually just hit about 5 goals and then watched tv until the game was over.

In what way did you not. they all have a decnt back history in one of the most in depth world created in final fantasy. I think the only one who was left out was rikku as not much was learned about her. As For tidus, Auron, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna and kimari, they all had plenty of detail to them.

Decent Back-story but rather not deep characters.

Decent Back-story but rather not deep characters.

hey if that makes ya feel better to seperate a decent back story tieing each character individually to a world torn apart by lies and death from a deep character. I say giver.

I absolutely love this game. It's easily in my top 3 FF games(FFVII, FFIX, and X, in any particular order) . I love the story, I love the characters(Auron, anybody?), atmosphere, music, fucking love it all. This game has hands down the BEST combat system IMO. I love being able to swap out characters whenever I want and have everybody involved.
I will forever love this game to bits <3

I absolutely loved the game, it is among my top three favorite FF games (with VII and VI). As far as the previous discussion about the main villain goes, am I alone on considering Yunalesca the main villian? Of course she is not your typical clear cut villain but I think storywise she is a better fit than Symour. Ill try to expand on both things later on (christmast day and all that).

I really loved Final Fantasy X. At first I was in a bit of denial because the game started off so linear and I was like : "whaaaaat?!" I didn't think of it as a Final Fantasy title at first. In the beginning, I hated Tidus as a character... he was so whiny and annoying.. but as the game progressed, he got better. It took some time getting use to, but I enjoyed the fighting and being able to switch my characters in and out whenever I wanted. I wasn't too fond of the trials, but it's alright. I mainly loved FFX for it's story and plot. It was so awesome being a guardian and protecting this girl to save Spira... like how badass is that? As it progresses, the truth is revealed and I was in total oblivion just as Tidus. The game is definitely a journey and I loved it.

I loved Final Fantasy X and X-2. I just preordered it for PS4.

I love it. FFX has the best battle system I still like it best when it completly stops every time the menu comes up, to give me all the time I need to plan my next move. The history was very fantastic, the eons, Yuna's wedding and the love between Tidus and Yuna, from the beginning they had chemistry haha. Okey, this game fascinates me!

It was the fourth FF I played but is my second favourite after VII. I know I'm in the minority here but Tidus is my favourite character in the series. The only thing I didn't love about the game was the linearity (which it gives XIII a run for its money) and lack of an option to skip through the hours and hours and hours of cutscenes make it really annoying to replay.

I absolutely adore this game. Fantastic story and character development, the sphere grid makes for great team building and even on the millionth play through I find myself gripped.

I have praise for literally every aspect of this game except for some of the voice acting. Sometimes it just didn’t feel ‘right’ or things were said in a way that came across a bit strange. But considering everything else that is done right, that’s a very minor criticism from me! 😀

You know, I honestly wish I could take back my "Love It" vote, because I have found that I do not like the game at all now that some considerable time has passed. Or the Final Fantasy franchise series in general. Or video games in general, to be fair. Riddled with horrible voice acting, cliched music by Nobuo (the stuff by Masashi and Junya is much better, despite not all of it being memorable or interesting), unlikable characters (except for maybe Auron), gameplay that has little substance, a not-so-memorable story, depressing puzzles, and an absolute joke of a "mini-game" (Blitzball), the game is one that has not aged well IMO, and I think the only reason why people give it any kind of retrospective praise is for its "cultural momentum" (even though it had none from the beginning due to how disliked it was by the fanbase at first), for it being a "revolutionary step into the new millennium" (even though there was nothing "revolutionary" about it at all other than its at-the-time impressive graphics), and for pure nostalgia alone (which is puzzling considering how, again, the game was disliked by most players upon its release). Not to mention the fact that it was followed up with an ABYSMAL direct sequel that ultimately signalled the downfall of the franchise as a whole, along with an equally-bad audio drama and novella that came with the HD remaster of the game. All in all, the world of FFX is something that neither time (IMO) nor Squeenix has been kind to, and is one that I will probably never revisit ever again.

My love for this game has always been so high. I may not play it much now but i always celebrate and endorse it for new players. To think someday this game will be 100 years old long after our time and somebody new will be playing it and enjoying the ride we all once knew in front of us. EPIC!

I played FFX and X-2 on the PS2, PS3, PS4, and Switch. It is the second FF game I have played in the series and is by far one of my favorites. Please no one hurt me that I prefer X-2 to X

Back