FFX: Love It or Hate It?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
I love it, the storyline and the battle system were great. It's really the last final fantasy game that I actually got into so much, the only thing I could say I hate about it is how linear it is. I won't complain about it anymore though... FF13 took linear to a whole new level.

I absolutely love this game. I think I've played through it maybe four times. It was the first Final Fantasy game I had ever played, and it happens to be the only one I've ever defeated. I got attached to the characters quite a bit too, although at first I hated Tidus, but over time he kind of grew on me. Lulu was definitely my favorite character without a doubt I liked her the moment I saw her. The whole game in general was pretty fun. ^^

this game is awesome. it took about a good 3 years of my life. I kept playing it over and over again until final fantasy 13 came out.
Wakka is the man. orange hair all the way. i think Kimahri has anger issues but i dont care he seems cool ta hang with. PARTY AT KIMAHRI VILLAGE

this game is awesome. it took about a good 3 years of my life. I kept playing it over and over again until final fantasy 13 came out.
Wakka is the man. orange hair all the way. i think Kimahri has anger issues but i dont care he seems cool ta hang with. PARTY AT KIMAHRI VILLAGE

i feel ya on that one dude. i think FFX has one of the highest replay values of any game. big words, i know :P but its seriously true

hey, i really enjoy Final Fantasy X, the story is good so far and the characters are good fun ^_^ the only thing i would critisize is the graphics, they could have seriously made the character's more beleivable by making their reactions better and the cut-scenes are terrible.

hey, i really enjoy Final Fantasy X, the story is good so far and the characters are good fun ^_^ the only thing i would critisize is the graphics, they could have seriously made the character's more beleivable by making their reactions better and the cut-scenes are terrible.

well you have to be fair and remember what year the game came out; the game is almost 11 years old.
i remember when it first released i couldnt believe how amazing the graphics were haha

Last edited:
I haven't completely played through the game yet but I know how the whole thing ends... damn wikipedia, but from what I've played so far I think the game is absolutely amazing! The story is great, the character development is amazing, the battle system is fast paced, and the sphere system was a good change.

Now let me talk about the greatest aspect.

The graphics, the graphics are decent! Note, JUST decent. The cut scenes are great, the voice acting is great, and the gameplay graphics are good. Nothing over the top like FFXIII. X shows the perfect combination between graphics, gameplay, and story. They were all worked on equally. Future SE FF games need to use X as the template. It shows you can have good graphics AND a long good game.

Stepping off soapbox.

IT'S AMAZING AND I CAN'T WAIT TO FINISH IT!!!!!

I enjoyed the game, but there were things I didn't like as well. It was still enjoyable enough to give it a love vote

I liked the new sphere system to customize your characters. I enjoyed the fast pace of the battles, yet it wasn't too fast to where you had little time to make your decisions (Yay for Wait). Many of the characters were enjoyable, like Yuna, Rikku, Waka, Auron and Lulu. I'm not much for emo heroes though. I think the only non-emo hero I've come across in FF that had background to him was Zidane in FF9 (Though he had a brief moment towards the end).

The storyline was rather captivating. I know some say certain elements like the religion is the enemy have been overkilled, but in reality, everything has been done at least a few hundred times.

The graphics are great, in keeping with the ever increasing technology, and the music in many cases are very beautifully orchestrated.

Had to say I was really impressed with Final Fantasy X. I haven't fully completed the game but so far I am thoroughly impressed by it. The voice-casting was alright (but I noticed some flaws in the dubbing), the graphics of the game are, of course, far better than the old Final Fantasies and the storyline never lets you down. Like the other final fantasies, the story's similar yet different. They're able to take the really basic root of the plot and manipulate it to make it unique in some way.

Thumbs up from me. :yay:

FFX was fantastic. I loved every bit of it which is what encouraged me to get all the Celestial Weapons (except Wakka's). The battle system was good, the sphere board was unique, the plot developed well, and the storyline was a bit more mature in a way. The music was great, I even learnt how to play To Zanarkand'. Also, after moving from the PS1 to the PS2, I thought the graphics were amazing at that time.

The only downside was Tidus acting cheesy sometimes and you can't skip the FMVs!

In my opinion, it was the best. Actually, 2nd best, VII being first. It had everything, aside from the annoying voice acting. Beautiful graphics, amazing music, good storyline, the battle system was perfect. Should I even mention how much I liked the Sphere Grid.

10/10.

I liked it. It was the first FF game I ever played, and the first day I got it I played it for hours on end, but it got a little slow for me after the initial joy of playing it for the first time. I liked the characters a lot, and the gameplay was great, but something just didn't do it for me. I would still definitely reccomend it to people, it is a great game, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite. Although it does a hold a special place with me since it's the game that got me into the FF series.

I like it a lot. It was really fun to get into and most of the characters were very likeable (except Tidus, he was annoying). I loved the whole summoners and their guardians thing, and the ending was great, even if it was a little depressing.

FFX is probably my fourth favourite FF, after VIII, VII and XII.

Love it!
Straight away...

Summons, charecters, story, intense moments, amazing graphical scenes considering it was on a PS2! Amazing charecter personality.
Ugh I could go on xD

I loved it. It was the first Final fantasy to use voices and I think they did a great job. I mean sure there were a few odd moments like the laughing scene, but I think they pulled it off. As mentioned already the graphics were amazing for a ps2 game. A simple yet fun battle system which made a highly enjoyable use of Aeons. It had a pretty decent mini game of blitzball which I have no complaints about. The music as always with a Final Fantasy game was brilliant, before you even click new game you are treated to what I think is one of the best soundtracks in the game. I was moved by the emotional story so many times throughout the game, Tidus promising he will show Yuna Zanarkand after they defeat sin not knowing what would happen to her, the kissing scene and of course the ending.

All in all I would still rate this game 10/10. Its not perfect, no game is but it came close in my eyes, especially as I was a younger gamer when I first played it.

probably my least favourite final fantasy.I hated blitzball and this whole part of the game. I disliked tidus and wakka. I did like auron and rikku though. but this one introduced two things I really didn't like and miss in the current final fantasy games.

the switch to audio voices was a move I didn't like. I preferred to hear their voices how I read them rather than have what would turn out to be in some instances as irritating voices. I also think it lost a lot of magic,charm and humour when it switched over to this style and added things which could easily turn out more often to be really cringeworthy (the laughing scene). why couldnt they give us the option to read text instead of listen to the voices in a menu? maybe it wouldn't have worked with the new graphical style?

which is another thing I disliked. I generally wasn't too into the ps2 and the graphics on a lot of the games and the move into 3d areas was (imo) poorly conceived in this game, it looked like it was more a testing ground to me. it just looked so dull,unpolished and repetitive.I wish they could have put more
pre-rendered backdrops into this game instead. it still would have been a notch up from ps1 era graphics as the ps2 would have less limitations on resolution, at last we would have been able to see great artwork at a better resolution. bit of a waste of an opportunity imo.

I did like the idea of the cloister of trials as I thought the puzzle style worked well. some locales I liked and thought were interesting. I thought the music was really hit and miss personally. and what on earth was up with the outfit tidus was wearing!? it just looked weird to me some of the other outfits on npc's and stuff looked bad to me too.

I had huge prejudices about Final Fantasy X. I thought that linear gameplay and having no real world map would make it awful game. I also thought that new battle system was very "noobish" and would make the game way too easy.

But how wrong was I!

I fell in love with the combat system after the first battle. It's great that you don't need to worry if you have right characters with you or constantly keep switching them at the save points. Also the fact that the enemies were weaker to specific attacks than in previous games worked well. With that I mean that you could basically instakill all armoured enemies with Auron throughout the game and so on.

I think story is praised enough in this thread but
speaking of Auron I loved when they showed young Auron in Jecht-spheres. I realized he was so much like Tidus and that made Auron's actions make so much sense.

One thing I thought I'd love but ended up hating was blitzball! The concept is very similar to Tecmo soccer on NES which is a game that I really enjoyed playing. Well I tried out blitzball and I was so disappointed! My friend told me that I would need to make a better team to be able to really enjoy it but I never gave blitzball a second chance!

Overall I loved it! Actually I haven't played it through yet. I tried to battle BFA but got my butt kicked pretty hard so I've been doing those extra quests and trying to find celestial weapons. I also killed Dark Anima and Dark Bahamut... but with Zanmato of course:awesome:

EDIT: I forgot my favorite tune from the entire series! Otherworld!

Love it. Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games and the first that I ever beat. It has an amazing story with amazing characters. Originally I was hoping more for a traditional level up system, but I absolutely love the sphere grid. It's a great way to level up your stats and you can max all of your stats out with it. I like the relationship between Jecht and Tidus. Tidus thinks that his old man just left him and didn't like or believe in him when he really did, and the sacrifice he had to make. The voice acting is quite good. And lastly, Blitzball. I hated it at first, but when I got some much better players I was seriously kicking ass! :lew: But when I wanted to get Wakka's sigil, I had to reset my team so I could get it faster and then stopped playing :\ It was fun while it lasted. I'll be playing through it again sometime soon I hope :)

Playing through the game for the first time and am really enjoying it, and i will be playing through t again when i recieve my guide so i know the best things to do as im sure ive made loads of mistakes, allso my ff7 and ff8 should arive tuesday so cannot wait.

Back