FFX: Love It or Hate It?

Love it or hate it?

• Total voters
It's definitely not my favourite. I've properly seen this played fully a couple of months ago and I think that massively helped with this game for me. Sitting in on a friend gaming instead of having to play this myself made it more enjoyable, I don't think I could actually sit through it myself. I'm really not a fan of Yuna and even though the focus isn't too heavy on her alone it's just... No, not something I think I'd enjoy playing myself.

Definitely not a bad one though!

There's aspects I loved and aspects I loved a whole lot less. It wouldn't exactly feature in my top five favourite FF games.

I liked the story well enough, characters like Kimahri and Lulu seemed to appeal to me more than the main protagonists. Some of the NPCs were pretty cool too.
The locations were interesting and different cultures were well created I thought, and the OST was pretty complimentary in this regard too. Obviously I loved Blitzball and having my team continuously pass to Blappa ftw!

What I hated with all my heart: The sphere grid - Ní maith liom :furious:!!!!! It is such a demoralising grind fest to say the least, and I don't care how flexible it was. In some ways, it ruined my taste for the combat system in making the ultimate goal to homogenize certain character roles - there's little need for particular team mechanics after a fashion and Lulu feels completely redundant (sucks to be her).

Other than that, the game was grand, I appreciated the amount of sidequests and interesting mini-games and what not and the story could be really fun at times! And that as they say, is the end, of that.

👀 After joining FinalFantasyForums I've come to realize that I'm super easy to please when it comes to video games and movies. :LOL: I didn't think FFX was that bad, and I didn't mind the Sphere Grid either... though I agree it was an absolute grind fest at times.

There were a few portions of the game what was a complete snooze fest to me, and I really didn't like Blitzball that much, but the story overall wasn't too bad despite everything being explained by 'Pyreflies'

Pyreflies.jpg

It took me forever to make that image

Tidus is probably one of my least favorite leading characters and his story development was meh, though a few other characters had some story issues as well. So... I don't know, I get why people don't like this game, but at the same time there were some really cool concepts and story going on. I really thought the puzzles for the temples were cool and the Aeons at the time were awesome. The music was a plus too! Though a bit sad that the overworld map was gone!

So, yeah, I don't love it, don't hate it. It's a pretty alright game in my opinion.

It's not everyone's cup of tea; I know somebody who loves 12 but hates X because 12 has a more 'active battle' system. I know plenty of who love X but don't mind 12 just a matter of preference. I love X, always have since the beginning days of its world wide release years ago. X has the unlimited replay ability with the story we can never seem to escape. X has the best characters, the first game in the series with voices and it's just a wonderful experience. X to me is the best story ever told

X was the last that really captivated me. I never got into X-2, although I did beat it, I just didn't get the A ending, I got the B ending. And honestly, I didn't feel like investing the time to get the A ending. X though, I have a special place for in my heart. I was 13 when I broke both of my arms coming off a grind rail at the skate park. Evidently my back truck was looser than I realized, and when I landed it just gave out underneath me and I fell backwards and had a compound fracture in both of my arms, so I was in two full-arm casts for a couple months. I couldn't do much of anything during that time besides play FFX and Halo 2. I remember sinking 256+ hours into FFX in part because of that....as an adult, I'm like holy frikkin crap. But then I look at my Skyrim log and it's around the 350 mark, and that took me a couple years. Ssssoooo, it's doable....eventually....IDK, there's just something funny about Yuna being the White Mage, and maxing her stats out so that her regular Attack does 99,999 Damage, it's funny every time to me. I never did dodge 200 lightning bolts, I either blink or fuck up the rhythm.

I liked this installment quite a lot tbh i felt the pacing was fine and didn't really let up too much or stray away, Auron was my favourite character being the veteran man of few words but with a cool vibe about him, Blitzball was fun too.

I played X back in my highschool days (when I think about it it's been 10 or so years since then and now I feel oldo_O) and I remember enjoying it greatly and finding the story quite innovative. I enjoyed Tidus and Yuna, she was a great main character and I think the voice acting gave them a more human dimension to their personality. I would say the most forgettable was Wakka but that ain't true because every time I think about how I liked least he's my pick and then when I try to recall what the party consisted of I am reminded that Kimahri was a member of my team.

I would like to replay it to see if I'll find it as good now that I'm older but it requires quite a commitment of my free time, that I don't have as much as I did. I've seen that it is still one of the FF games that holds up quite well today. Very polished.

Back