FFVI: Love It or Hate It?

LOVE IT! I just completed this game not long ago on my PS3. Luckily it's sold on Network. Anyways the battles are manageable throughout the game but offering a few challenges at some point. I like the vast diversity of characters available and the magic learning ability that provided me with the feel of fulfillment after learning each magic. The final boss angelic Kefka is both grotesque but yet interesting. Indeed he gave the feeling that he the final boss! The only problem I had is that I couldnt really decide who's the main character in the game and I didnt like that. Terra supposedly is the main character but I find that I get to use Locke more often (?) Ah~ I need a character in each game to embrace and call it the "best" character xD ( weird me )

i think Celes is the MC as you use her at the beggining of the chaos world and in the end locke save her from falling from the airship and in the end Celes pair with locke making them the couple of ff6 while terra is nowhere to be seen.

so Celes for me is the MC.

*So I'm not the only one who thought that about Locke and Celes? Yay! xD*

You use the two the same amount, though; Terra during the first half, Celes in the second half. You can use Celes, or anyone, during the first part after
Terra springs off as an Esper, and then you can play as Terra once again.
I thought that, since they divided it that way, that it meant both the girls were mains, instead of the typical "Male+Female" leads. :hmmm:

Terra was just there to set the story, while Celes was there as the character that loses everyone and everything (deserting the empire) and goes in a journey to get it back while Terra became just a regular character.

Cyan is my favorite and the only one i think has a reason to face and hate Kefka, Celes a close second.

Definitely love this one. I can't say I've ever met someone who actually disliked this one. I'm too lazy to see if the people who hit dislike on this one added their two cents, but I would like to hear their opinion.

Absolutely love this game. It was the first FF game I owned (the SNES version) and second I had played (FF2 for SNES being the first).

It has a huge, diverse cast of characters. A truly sadistic and amazing villain. Romance, betrayal, death, etc.

I'm replaying vi cuz it's been awhile. I gotta say I've always liked the game and it's in a three way tie with vii and ix for my favorite ff game. Best part about it is the characters and their abilities, and the storyline is epic. If this had the same graphics as ix, my mind would be blown away.

Awesome story, awesome soundtrack, awesome characters, awesome gameplay - there's nothing to hate about this game. Lots of secrets and easter eggs, lots of content, this game has it all. One of the best titles of the 16 bit era, if not the very best.

FFVI is my all-time favorite game. Not just my favorite FF game, but my favorite game in general.

FF6 is definitely one of my all-time favorite RPGs across all consoles and the PC, which I feel says a lot because the PC has a large number of amazing RPGs (Fallout 1 and Arcanum being two of my top favs).

The characters are memorable; I actually like how the game doesn't have one primary character that the plot revolves around - almost everyone gets equal billing plot-wise, especially if you complete all the character-specific sidequests. The music is just incredible, particularly the character themes, which I feel capture their personalities perfectly. The villain: Kefka actually WINS - few games have ever allowed their antagonist to actually complete their goal like Kefka did. Oh, and his one-liners are hilarious.

Other RPGs were powerful and moving in their own rights (Aeris's music always seems to pull my heart strings), but FF6 really holds a significant spot in my gaming heart.

~SilentMage

The legacy installments ended with a big bang in my opinion, the villain was excellent Kefka was and is the most memorable final fantasy villain to me anyways. It would be so great the Square-Enix would show some love to FF VI and make a HD remake of it that would be totally awesome!

Love it to pieces - and probably horribly biased since it was the first Final Fantasy I ever played. Heck, one of the first things I did upon moving to America was hunt down my own SNES copy - we never actually got the game in the UK until those awful, lag-fest remakes. Yuk. But honestly, what's not to love? Terra and Locke are two of my favorite characters in the series, the story is well developed and I think most people probably had to do a double take about halfway through the game when Kefka actually got his way!

FFVI was amazing! I definitely appreciate it more now that I am a little older. The cast is fantastic, love the figaro brothers! Kind of disappointed in Cyan, I really wanted to like and use him more. Kefka was a really good bad guy.

Kefka is so funny *-*
There's SAND on my boots !

In Europe we have got it on ps1 almost at the same time of FFX release (there was a promo disc of it)
The game was only in English, as a French it has been a good occasion to learn more this language

Back