FFVII : Love It or Hate It?

Gotta Love it, the game was the first to have a Main Charcter Die, the Story Line to this day even with Halo and all these other good games Out to the is Day ff7 has the best story Line ever YA really gotta Love it, the game Most defeantily had the best charcters even if you hate it you gotta Face it after FinalFantasy7 So Many More People Jumped into the Finalfantasy Seires ff7 is the face of te franchise wheather they Make more Remakes or Not it is !

I'm a fangirl and Im not ashamed to admit it :mokken:

I looooove it today just as much as I did when I first popped the disk into the PS. It was all pretty new for me anyway, Id never played an RPG before, so I was facinated by the story and the twists. There were no characters I disliked, though, I was rapidly going off Yuffie when I got to Wutai and I couldnt find her...:rage: The music is fantastic. JENOVA is win... I can over look the shitty translation and that godawful Kalm flashback, because I just love it :8F:

I also, feel Like the DSoundTrack Still Murder's Anyother game soundtrack FF7's soundtrack is Probaly The bEst i mean the Boss Music gets me so Pumped lol that how i beat Some of the boss's

Hated it. Why? Well, I only liked maybe three characters, I hated the final fight against Sephiroth, I hated the cliff hanger ending (I realize that they "clear" things up after the credits but still), and though I'm not one of those people who whine about graphics I still hated their little Pop-Eye arms. I actually like Dirge of Cerberus more (despite the ridiculously long cut scenes). I would probably sell my copy, but unfortunately the first disc is scratched up and there are no places that would take it. :awesome: So, yeah, I'm stuck with a game I don't like. I would just simply throw it out, but I may one day find a little kid who wants to play it and I can sell it to him for like $70.

Final Fantasy VII.... what can I say about it other than.... I have had it for ten years and still play it.... I've done everything, gotten everything, maxed out everything, and I STILL PLAY IT! I've even memorized the lyrics to One Winged Angel! Not only FF7, but its spinoffs! Advent Children, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Kingdom Hearts, KH2, KH CoM, (hey, they have FF7 characters :) ) ..... the list goes on.... and it has the best villain in the history of RPGs! SEPHIROTH!!!

Love it. FF VII is undoubtedly the stuff of legend.

It had a lot of elements I still try to look for newer JRPGs. The game play system wasn't overbearingly cluttered with complex menus, this way players focused more on the fun over technicalities. Although its CG was primitive in comparison to VIII and IX, I believe that for its time, it served as a good transition from 2D to 3D. But what I really enjoyed the most about it, was the fact that it had a good amount of rewarding exploration, and secrets that you needed to uncover. A well written cast of characters and an unforgettable storyline makes VII one of my favorites.

sneakywaffle, Why would you Hate it Look, there Pop eye Arm Grahgic was the best the can Work with in 1997 ya Really dont have to Look at it that way, and Ok you said you didnt Like the Cliff hanger, already its Ur Opinon buth ow does it Make it a Bad,Game the end Battle Was Simply a add in Nothing More or Less then SquareSoft Making it Cooler, Sir i think its ur Opinon but Unfortunalty Ur Opinon can explained in a way were i dont think you have that Opinon anymore but...whatevr

I love FFVII because it was quite an exciting game with a good plot in my opinion. What I love most about is the dark atmosphere in some parts of the game and the music is great. The battle system is good to, not overly complicated, which is the way I like it. I have the whole soundtrack on my mp3 player including some remakes of the songs. I also love the characters, especially Cloud, Tifa and Barret. Guess I like Tifa cus I can relate to her, and Barret because he says a lot of funny stuff, Cloud not quite sure but he has awesome hair lol and he's a complex character.

At the time FFVII came out I was only 4 years old so I didn't play it when it came out in 1997. I played it in 2009 when it came out on PSN store at PS3 and completed it in 3 days. I really like this game.

While it's not my favorite game in the series, I love FFVII. Sure it had a great story, the villain everyone knew, the battle system was killer, but one thing really stood out to me in FFVII: the characters.

Red XIII, Cloud, Vincent Valentine, The Turks, Aeris... Each one had a great tie to teh story which was either explained in this, the main game, or one of the many spin-offs. There was just so much the story had to offer mainly because the characters each had their own sense of spectacular about them that fans wanted more. Mystery, awesomeness,badass-ery; character traits that almost each of them held (yes, even Yuffie in her own Ninja-like ways), and kepy me glued to my TV screen during the entire playthrough.

Reactions: Rey
Absoulutely Fantastic Game Although the arrogant fans and hype kind of spoil it

Gotta Love it, the game was the first to have a Main Charcter Die, the Story Line to this day even with Halo and all these other good games Out to the is Day ff7 has the best story Line ever YA really gotta Love it, the game Most defeantily had the best charcters even if you hate it you gotta Face it after FinalFantasy7 So Many More People Jumped into the Finalfantasy Seires ff7 is the face of te franchise wheather they Make more Remakes or Not it is !

Sorry pal but you're wrong FF7 Wasn't the first game to have a main character die in fact FF2 Did it minwu ricard etc but a main character died in FF5 Too, Galuf so in fact that death of a MC Wasn't so unique

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. There is an edit button at the bottom of your post if you need to add more detail. Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it, the surge of happiness when buying it, the ability to go on for 80+ hours on a single file and still loving it, the storyline.... Bestgame ever by a longshot.

I love FFVII. In my opinion, it has the most in-depth story out of all Final Fantasy games in the series so far. Plenty of character developments and all characters are funny/cute and interesting in some way.

The characters that I hold dearest are Zack and Aerith. Mainly because they were so cute together. Although I cried so many times when they had to depart, I finally found solace in the thoughts that at least they can be together again in the Lifestream. I like Cloud too but he was just so weak in the beginning -_- . However, after I watched Advent Children Complete, I began to love him again. :)

It was my first FF game and inspired me to branch out to other rpg's from there. It had a great storyline that kept me entertained where the random hours of blowing up of cars didn't.

Final Fantasy VII was/is badass.

A lot of bothersome fan service has just made the game look like it's a pile of shit, though. It's just deviated so far away from what Final Fantasy VII was.

A great game, truly a timeless classic. Every time I play it, it's like buttfucking nostalgia. :monster:

FF7 is one of the best in the series, hands down. There are many contrarians who are simply just not going to admit that they like it. That goes for anything that raises the bar.

ff7

sorry, ff7 kicks ass. Square enix sould make a remake of it.

Personally I love FF7, the story, the characters and just the amount to do within the game just drew me into the world of final fantasy when I first started playing final fantasy at about the age of 8 or 9 :wacky:
I have a memory of all the characters names which is good in someways but also infuriating because of the fact that when will i need to use the characters from FF7 in everday life?

I love FFVII

In my opinion it is as close to a perfect RPG.
It has everything many seak for in an rpg. As great as many of the FF are, VII does stick out the most in my mind of any rpg. I can't say much, -Harlequin- did alot of it for me......i think i'll play it again in another 5 years. Ive done so more then i am willing to say.

I love it. One of the best FF games, imo. Great music, great story, great characters. Overall, I give it an 8/10.

Back