FFXIII: Love It or Hate It?

Although I voted hate it, that was a mistake. In my opinion, the game was awesome. I loved the story and I thought that lightning was a badass. She was definitely complimented by the rest of the party and I really admired the game entirely. The linearity of the game did not put me off at all and I thought the game progressed very well. I don't really see all the the hate the game gets and I just try to ignore it and enjoy the FFXIII games.

I definitely voted to hate it. But, I'll post here too lol. I don't "come down" on people though if they like or love the game (@Mystical_Gaming) I hated the game as a whole. There are individual aspects of the game that I thought were ok. Hate is a strong word.

I thought the mythos to the first game of the trilogy wasn't that bad. The art style of the first game in the trilogy wasn't bad either. The story in that mythos however was terrible along with gameplay, mechanics, voice acting, pacing etc.
So while I thought the concept of the game world was great, it was presented poorly. Most people I know and most comments online didn't like the game but there are those that do. I am surprised that a forum like this would have more votes to love it rather than hate it.

It's logical.

Think about it - the topic is in the FFXIII sub-forum. Who's more likely to be in a FFXIII forum, those that enjoyed the game, or those that loathed it?

I'm not sure how that's "logical" but I agree: Those that don't like the game won't spend too much time in it, or beating a dead horse for that matter.
Some people just like bad games ;))

I really liked FF 13. Its my second favorite in the Final Fantasy genre next to X. I was not crazy about the sequels though.

I like it, rather it's one of the my favorite Final Fantasy, probably a lot of fan would kill me now, but all moment of this game has bewitched me, the plot have fascinated me, really mature and never predicted (imo), between me and characters is created a emphatic link, probably because is a normal boy and girl, without complicated past and particulars characteristic.

The game present has several defects, mainly relating to gameplay, like restricted freedom (but also FFX, in fact isn't a case that FFX and FFXIII is made by the same development team), level up limited and so on, however this things haven't encumbered my experience, but probably this is subjected.

FFXIII is my third final fantasy game that I prefer with FFX :D

P.s. Don't kill me :P

I loved it. I was going through chapters and pausing to look at the surroundings because it was breathtaking. The effort that Square Enix put in this game is staggering. I can see so much detail even on the Xbox 360 when i'm playing it on a Plasma TV. The menus are eye candy and better than any other Final Fantasy game in history.

I like it, rather it's one of the my favorite Final Fantasy, probably a lot of fan would kill me now, but all moment of this game has bewitched me, the plot have fascinated me, really mature and never predicted (imo), between me and characters is created a emphatic link, probably because is a normal boy and girl, without complicated past and particulars characteristic.

The game present has several defects, mainly relating to gameplay, like restricted freedom (but also FFX, in fact isn't a case that FFX and FFXIII is made by the same development team), level up limited and so on, however this things haven't encumbered my experience, but probably this is subjected.

FFXIII is my third final fantasy game that I prefer with FFX :D

P.s. Don't kill me :P

I felt the same way :) I also think the empathy is also due to them having such good graphics. I mean the facial expressions are so good!

Back