Would you like to see another sequel/spinoff to this game?

just give my opinion...
Claire said that SE had killed aerith in FF VII....

yeah...i dont want the same things happen to FFXIII....^^.
killing the heroin will make the storyline worst...:kelly:

When I said that about VII, I meant they killed the love I had for the game. Meaning it was my favorite, but how they have milked it really killed it for me and made me start hating it.
And I really dont wanna see that happen with XIII

I think they have it set up pretty well for a sequel. There are the unexplained arks (e.g. fifth ark) that were said in the datalog to be "
preparation for the battle against the menace that lurks beyond
" and by that
"menace" it didn't mean Cocoon since the Arks predated Cocoons creation
. You also have Vanille saying at the end "
Now we live on, to greet a new dawn.

The makers of ff13 also suggested they were open to the possibility of making a sequel. I wouldn't be surprised if they did seeing as recently, there have been so many spinoffs of ff7. And with ff10-2 and revenant wings, it seems like spinoffs and sequels are becoming the norm

Last edited:
I was torn with the idea of a sequel as well. I agree that they set up for the idea of a sequel in many different ways...especially with the ending with Hope saying something to the extent of "Then again they've changed their fates before." I personally wouldn't want to see a sequel to it. There may be more for the game to explain in it, but after the somewhat crappiness of the original...I really don't want to hear anymore from the sequel. I think I would really rather have another new addition to the series than a sequel to FFXIII.

Well, I did say I was slightly torn on this idea in my last post. But at the time I was still playing through FFXIII. Now that the game is more or less becoming a distant memory to me now, I have a more definite answer. No. I do not want to see another entry to do with this game.

Any plotholes, any gaps, any unanswered storyline questions can be redressed in another form of medium - a book, an encyclopaedia. It does not require another game or even a movie to do that. And besides, FFXIII's story was nowhere near outstanding anyway for most of us to care that much about another outing of Lightning and crew. Looking at FFX-2, there's also a high chance that SE can put in something in the sequel utterly bizarre and incongruous story-wise that it ruins it rather than enrich it.

I didn't feel FFX-2 ruined FFX.
I know some people didn't like the game.
But that's simply their opinion.

shrugs.

I am not in favor of FFXIII sequel..although there's been rumors that Square is considering doing one.

A sequel doesn't really sound that bad.............I mean so many people complain it's lost it's touch,but when they get to Gran Pulse it's a sigh of relief...........Gran Pulse has got the "old school" final fantasy touch. For example,it's an open green field with monsters lurking.........the only things missing are people and towns and villages to visit.

But at the ending you did see people and soldiers going into Gran Pulse................

If they make a sequel it would have the old final fantasy touch..........around 5 years into the world of FFXIII,I can see the place with towns and villages being built...............Doesn't sound so bad after-all..................Kinda reminds me of how the worlds of other FF's are.

But really this is just imagining how Gran Pulse would look like if they made a sequel with people in it............

But all in my opinion comes down to story...........And I can't imagine a good one.

Yes,sure why not? I think FFXIII had a great storyline and the characters werent annoying.I wouldnt mind them making a sequel,maybe about enemies trying to wake Vanille and Fang so Cocoon will fall(since they and the crytal are the one supporting it)?
A prequel wouldnt be bad either.Maybe more about the fal'cie and the War of Transgression,or maybe the Maker. But I really hope they dont mess up like what they did in X-2...
But the question is...Lightning and co. arent L'Cie anymore so they cant use magic.I really cant imagine a FF without magic.

I personally do not care if there will be a spinoff or not. I would probably purchase and play it if a sequel or spinoff is going to be released(even if I can't see how the story will continue if there is a sequel) but I'm not anticipating them either.

Answering the thread's original question,

I would like to see a spinoff if 1 condition is met- it is a real RPG (aka not like ff13), maybe some forever visitable towns & npc interactions, or some real side quests and not just mark hunting (I feel like 12's mark hunting was better anyway).

It would be easy enough to set up, now that all the people from cocoon now live on pulse there is plenty of ways to set up different societies and maybe have a faction that embraces living on pulse and the other not wanting to adapt to pulse at all. Maybe different cities could take up living in the places on pulse others lived in previously.

A sequel, no, not particularly. I like how it ended, it concluded the story. If there was a sequel I would like to see how humans adapt to living on Pulse as from what I know, Cocoon is inhabital.

I would love to see a prequel 500 years previous, the war, Fang and Vanilles back story.

I remember reading they considered this with FFX with the Jecht/Auron/Braska pilgrimmage, but the FFX world is the exact same as before so it would be pointless and the technology is the same, ideology/religion is the same, politics is the same, purpose of summoners is the same; FFXIIIs world is virtually unexplored in the game, the politics of the world is different, you're only on a tiny bit of Pulse, and you don't particularly get to explore Cocoon, just run through parts of it, mainly ruins.

So yes, a spinoff, a prequel, not a sequel. Leave the "future" of the FFXIII characters as is and work on the other series standalone games.

I honestly think Spin-offs wouldn't be such a bad idea. A sequel, maybe, but definitely not spin-offs. Like, perhaps a prequel of some sorts.Yeah, I think a prequel would be the most fitting. Perhaps, explain the history of the Eidolns or something. Give a more Background info about how everyone came to their own individual persona's.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Sazh-centered spin-off. It might be entertaining.

FFXIII-2 anyone?

I am preparing for a lot of bashing from FFXIII haters, but anyway, I would love to play a sequel to FFXIII. Not because I am an FFXIII fanboy. I love the game, but like everyone says, it lacks many things.

Has anyone heard episode i? It comes with the international version of the game. Google it if you don't know. It tells the story directly after the end of FFXIII. At the end of the novella,
Lightning finds herself in a mysterious place.
This may be hinting for a sequel.

I believe, if done correctly, an FFXIII-2 will fix a lot of things in FFXIII. FFXIII itself has lots of wasted potentials like nautilus, the towns and gran pulse. Now that the characters are no longer fugitives, the plot should be more relaxed, allowing presence of interactable towns and exploration. Nautilus, assuming it is not destroyed when cocoon almost falls, could be the haven for sidequests and minigames like golden saucer. Lastly, they can improve the battle system a lot.

One problem is the strength of the characters. No longer l'cie, they probably can't use powerful magic anymore...

so what do you think of a sequel and its potential? Should the story be left alone? Will it be another FFX-2?

As this is essentially about the idea of a sequel or a spinoff to FFXIII, I've gone ahead and merged the threads. :)

As this is essentially about the idea of a sequel or a spinoff to FFXIII, I've gone ahead and merged the threads. :)

oops I forgot there's such threads for each FF title >_>

yeah anyway, episode i hints for a sequel. Lightning was trying to find a way to revert Vanille and Fang from crystal stasis when she finds herself in a strange place. Could mean anything.

Looks like we are getting one whether we like it or not.. FFXIII-2 is set to release this winter in Japan o_O.. Can't wait wonder how this is gonna play out..

^Man you stole my thoughts. I am hoping that this one doesn't suck as much as X-2, but I'm glad they are making a sequal (although not surprised) just because there are so many unanswered questions looming around.

Hopefully the game will have more free roaming.

no no hell no, i think its a travesty that this game even exists. if this is what squareenix are going to churn out as a final fantasy title then i wish they wouldnt bother. let the series die with dignity.

I never managed to get past the beast on the tower on Pulse, but i've seen the ending on Youtube, and I think the game should have a sequel, because the ending doesn't really tell a lot about Vanille and Fang. The sequel should definately include Fang and Vanille as the main characters, becuase I loved them :)

I never managed to get past the beast on the tower on Pulse, but i've seen the ending on Youtube, and I think the game should have a sequel, because the ending doesn't really tell a lot about Vanille and Fang. The sequel should definately include Fang and Vanille as the main characters, becuase I loved them :)

The sequel looks like it's going to be about Lightning once again, but the trailer shows some new guy. Love interest for Lightning? Bad guy? The questions are endless (not really) :gasp:

Back