Would you like to see another sequel/spinoff to this game?

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, a prequel, or even a movie?

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like or dislike, or if you would like to see one at all.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Based on
the ending, I think they have deliberately left it open for this very possiblity.
The storyline was so good that for once I'm not annoyed about the idea of a sequel.

Also, there is an interview somewhere saying that so much was cut out of this game, largely due to the Xbox not having enough disc space (this was never openly said but everyone seems to agree this is the real reason.) -- enough was cut out to make an entire new game-- scenes and features-- even whole places that were never in this game were already developed.
SE heads have even commented on a XIII2 possibility.

I would like to see a happier ending (even though it was romantic and good(ish) in a way) for Fang and Vanille.

So I think the possibility of FFXIII-2 is actually more likey than unlikely, and I for one would welcome it. It would be fanastic, I think. Largely in part due to the brilliant storyline- going even deeper into is something I couldn't possibly dislike. :)

I'm slightly torn on this one - but mostly I would say no to a sequel or spinoff. The only argument I can think of why I would want a sequel is to see more of FFXIII's universe. It is a rather sophisticated one - even FFXII's Ivalice has several games to cover its universe. Perhaps see a bit more of FFXIII's Cocoon and perhaps Pulse? Perhaps be introduced to more fal'Cie? I am still rather early in the story, so I am only blindly speculating here.

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any real point in a FFXIII-2 for me. Versus and Agito need to be tended to, as well as the inevitable FFXV. The FNC Compilation was originally going to include titles with individual stories based around a common mythology. If SE throws in a sequel to FFXIII there, I can see a little bit of confusion in the Compilation. I would rather that SE moves forward. If they do decide on a sequel, I hope they don't do what they did with FFX-2 (mostly copy and paste locations).

It is a likely prospect as I've mentioned in another thread. It may take a long time to make the visuals, but they already have the foundations and the snipped content to start with. It would be less of a headache for the developing team.

That if enough copies are sold in the West, they might just make one. They are already thinking about it. I think it's going to be another game in the fabula nova crystallius series.

I want to,make it a series like VIII,it sounds like a good idea. A movie like advent children,prequel games about the characters past and sequels for what happens after this game.This game was a big success by the way.

No.

Spin offs have been the bane of the numerical series since X-2. The developers are splitting their staff to cope with these cash cows instead of releasing a proper FF.

Let it lie and bring quality back.

M.Bison said:
I want to,make it a series like VIII,it sounds like a good idea.

VIII has a series? Do you mean VII?? Im not sure how I feel with the game at the moment. I would love Sazh and his chocobo to get a mini anime series lolz. That would be coolio. As for a movie, it kinda feels that way already, so maybe another spin off game instead.

VIII has a series? Do you mean VII?? Im not sure how I feel with the game at the moment. I would love Sazh and his chocobo to get a mini anime series lolz. That would be coolio. As for a movie, it kinda feels that way already, so maybe another spin off game instead.

Im talking about final fantasy 7,i dont know the roman numerals by hard i always for get,but wheter it was right or wrong its ok.

It has been a while for final fantasy to have an anime if im right.thats a good idea but i think it will be the graphics like advent children,this is my opinion.The anime should be about everyones past or future actually.

I think that if they go down that road, we should get a prequel.
We still don't really know a great deal of what happened before Vanille and Fang were crystalised the first time. Embelishing that story is the only road they could go down, I think. Plus, that would give us the opportunity to fight
Titan.
Something which I was rather devastated we couldn't do in XIII.

Possibly, I would like to see more on
The war between Pulse and Cocoon
, because you might actually be able to fight other l'Cie.

Although there is a very obvious place they could take the story as a sequel rather than prequel. Which would be interesting, because every character was great in this game, although Hope could be a little preachy.

no, I personally don't think any of these FF games need spin-offs and sequels and all that jazz. FFXIII is a good game, but I think Squenix needs to leave it at that and move on to other games with new stories that are not related to FFXIII.

I did not really enjoy the story all that much. The graphics and battle scenes were the best of the best, but that is not enough for a sequel.

Im kinda undecided about this. I could certainly SEE a sequel being possible, but sometimes I like the endings that do make you wonder, well what if this or that etc etc. Not EVERYTHING needs wrapping up 100%, abit of speculation leads for better discussion... so. I dunno :hmmm:

I would much more like to see a prequel.
The prequel would be about when Fang and Vanille first become L'Cie.
You can add new characters as friends, and possibly family, of the two.
Pulse can actually seem like a more traditional world map. There could have been various towns and villages back then.

I had many more ideas but I cannot remember where I wrote them down...

Last edited:
The answer is yes and if you say No, you are either haven't beaten the game or you are too busy just thinking of FFX-2.

I guarantee if they don't name it FFXIII-2, and name is something else, people won't care, people are afraid of the -2 label.

if it doesn't end up like x-2 than yes. ORIGINALITY AND PLEASE PUT NEW STUFF IN IT.

Hell yeah!I've beating 13 already and i want more dammit!How boutta spin-off wit claire(Lighting) and Serah with a new female in the game juz like X-2.Letz kall it Final Fantasy XIII-2: Diva crystalis lOl make it happen Square enix o_O P.s...Add vanille,lightning and sazh ta dissidia 2 if dat eva happenz

Last edited:
SE has already killed my love that I had for VII. Please don't do dumbshit with XIII and ruin the love that I have for it as well. Let the story and the game go and let it lie, spin-offs and movies are not necessary.

^^

yeah.....
they kill aerith....im focusing on her(as my main healer)....

but....sephiroth simply stab her with that freakin samurai sword...
arghh.....i juz dont believe that my main healer died with only one simple attck...:cry:...at the same time i cant proceed to disc 2 bcause some sort of problem.....im really beary belly frustrated at that time....

starting from that incidence...sephiroth became my true enemy....
i wanna bash him with that angeal sword....yaargh!!

yeah.....
they kill aerith....im focusing on her(as my main healer)....

but....sephiroth simply stab her with that freakin samurai sword...
arghh.....i juz dont believe that my main healer died with only one simple attck...:cry:...at the same time i cant proceed to disc 2 bcause some sort of problem.....im really beary belly frustrated at that time....

starting from that incidence...sephiroth became my true enemy....
i wanna bash him with that angeal sword....yaargh!!

This thread is pertaining to FFXIII not FFVII. :)

Back