What bands/singers are you currently addicted to?

CheVelle ! They are amazing can't say I am addicted to them right now because it never stops for me, everyone should give their Newest Album a listen 'Sci Fi Crimes'

Metric

breaking benjamin - Great band. Nuff Said

Korn - Shoots and ladders is a sick song, but I have loved them since 05

Shiny Toy Guns - Great band, and they still go strong!

Florence and The Machine. I've been listening to Lungs two or three times a day for about a week now. The novelty will eventually wear off, but for now I just can't get enough of it.

Lady GaGa - ever since Just Dance knocked Hallelujah off number one, I have been following her everywhere. My play count for each song on iTunes is at least one thousand, she is so artistic and her music is great.

Marina & The Diamonds - her current song Hollywood is in my head, and I keep on going Oh My God! and it is really annoying me, but the song is okay. Her voice reminds of Lil Chris (if you have any idea who that is) and she's going to take some time for me to get used to but I like her.

Currently, huh? :hmmm:

You Me At Six - Definitely been listening to these guys a lot these passed few weeks. Their new album Hold Me Down is definitely a great one. I hope these guys get a bigger fanbase someday. They deserve it. :)

Paramore - Ah... Paramore... What can I say... This band has the most amazing stories behind their lyrics, and I'm an absolute lover for deep meanings in lyrics. They do great with it. Hayley is most likely the only female lead singer I actually enjoy listening to. Most female leads sound WAY too breathy. It's kinda pathetic. Love this band though.

So yay Paramore. :D

Marianas Trench - These guys are weird. I'm not too fond of the singer, but they have some hilarious, and great songs, with once again, and nice meaning behind the songs, then just only having good music. I'm fairly new to this band, but I'm mainly in love with Push, Celebrity Status, Shake Tramp, and Beside You.

Yellowcard - Mainly obsessed with two songs of this band, Firewater (Punk Goes Acoustic), and Keeper. Both great songs, amazing lyrics, and the music is gorgeous.

I love songs that drag you through shitty times. =]

----

Definitely not my only favourites, but they're most played in my iTunes as of lately. So I suppose it's my 'current obsession'.

Muse ... well, have been for 10 years. But its great when they release an album cause I get to hear them in places I wouldnt usually do and on TV shows XD

30 Seconds to Mars - Been a fan for couple of years and I still adore them. Sadly I missed their UK tour, so hoping next time I shall be front row!!

Florence & the Machine - Another Ive loved for a good while. First heard her in Borders and I was the only worker who liked the album, now theyre all on the band wagon ...

Paloma Faith - Amazing voice and beautiful lyrics, she truly is amazing. And I cant believe shes the goth girl from shitty St Trinnians!!!

Drake - Not a huge fan of rap, but Drake's stuff is pretty good. I can't stop listening to Best I Ever Had and Forever.

The Spill Canvas - Best friend introduced me to this group, and they've got some really good songs. Their song Connect the Dots is quite possibly the sweetest song I've ever listened to. Play count on itunes for that one is steadily increasing everyday.

Breaking Benjamin - Their new album is absolutely amazing, so I've been listening to them quite a bit. Most of the time I listen to them both to and from school.

30 Seconds to Mars - Latest album is absolutely amazing as well, so I've been listening to them non-stop. I really love the new direction they went in with their music.

Rihanna - Still not sure whether I like her rough style, but her music is as catchy as ever.

Metallica- Death Magnetic/ Master of Puppets, can't get enough of it
Guns N' Roses- Appetite for Destruction, go Slash
Van Halen- crazy guitar action
Kiss- don't really know why
Rush- just plain awesome
Dream Theater- amazing drummer

Paramore - After listening to Misery Business, I've been addicted to all their songs for their awesome gutair and lyrics.
Papa Roach - Last Resort always gets stuck in my head
Leona Lewis - I only like My Hand (or my hands :P ) because its the theme song of ffxiii
AFI - After playing Miss Murder on Gutair Hero III, the song gets stuck in my head!
Goodnight Nurse - great beats and lyrics

Reactions: Six
Scale the Summit - Love, love, LOVE these guys. They're just the perfect mix of heaviness and melody for me.

Between the Buried and Me - If there wasn't screaming, these guys would be number one. I don't particularly like screaming vocals, but if the instrumental parts are good enough I'll look past that.

Opeth - They have a 20 minute long song. It would take me an hour to listen to it three times. Also, they have a three minute long piano instrumental. Then they go to death metal in a later song. It's insanity.

Paramore - Ah... Paramore... What can I say... This band has the most amazing stories behind their lyrics, and I'm an absolute lover for deep meanings in lyrics. They do great with it. Hayley is most likely the only female lead singer I actually enjoy listening to. Most female leads sound WAY too breathy. It's kinda pathetic. Love this band though.

So yay Paramore. :D

:highfive:

I don't know if you're the same as me, but I'm annoyed that they've become mainstream XD

I was listening to them years ago, and then Misery Business was released and the fame began! I get very protective...

Plus Hayley Williams is absolutely gorgeous :inlove:

Reactions: Six
I'm almost always addicted to Lady GaGa, but I've been getting back into Avril Lavigne and Leona Lewis once again. They're all powerful singers and have their own different styles. I'm pretty much a diverse person when it comes to music, so I have a very ranged taste.

Drake - sooooooo sick
Trey Songz - His new album and just mixtapes lately have been really good
Chrishan - He's like a Chris Brown wannabe, but hes good at it.

CheVelle - They're just an awesome hard rock American band that I just love obsessively.

Plum - They're like a new Sixpence non the richer band of today. They're songs are just really pretty to listen to.

Journey - I've always loved them but lately, and I don't know why, I can't stop listening to them.

Sublime - Old band that never got the chance to be as known as they should have been. But they're songs and lyrics are just amazing.

Everclear - Another good band from the 90's. I've always loved them and I think they're amazing.

Sublime - Old band that never got the chance to be as known as they should have been. But they're songs and lyrics are just amazing.

Everclear - Another good band from the 90's. I've always loved them and I think they're amazing.

Yaay :D I miss 90's music :(

I've been listening to La Roux a lot lately. I love how funky and original she is, and her videos are really cool. I don't get why people make fun of the way she looks though, I think she's really pretty :)

Moi dix Mois: heard the song Nocturnal Romance and couldn't stop listening.

Epica: I think its the fantasy imagery I feel when I hear it

Kamelot: Accidentally bought one of their CDs on iTunes, gave it a shot and fell in love. Its so haunting...just like...

Darkwell: I dont know what is is with the haunting music....

Lostprophets: Everday Combat and A Town Called Hypocrisy got stuck in my mind...I had to find the source

It's really only been two bands these passed two months. I was obsessed with the one band last month, and now I'm listening to the other non-stop, and occasionally still playing the other band through these songs. xD

Biffy Clyro

My god. This band took... Maybe a few days to grow on me when I heard a few songs. Just like Jimmy Eat World, Biffy Clyro got stuck like a magnet. I love this band so much :sad3: Their lyrics are one of a kind for sure, and Simon's voice/accent is fucking awesome. xD I love when the drummer and bassist sing, my personal favourites lately were "Love has a Diameter", "Justboy", "Mountains", "57", and "Bubbles". Gorgeous band.

Paramore

Me said:
Ah... Paramore... What can I say... This band has the most amazing stories behind their lyrics, and I'm an absolute lover for deep meanings in lyrics. They do great with it. Hayley is most likely the only female lead singer I actually enjoy listening to. Most female leads sound WAY too breathy. It's kinda pathetic. Love this band though.

This still. Their music never ceases to impress me. Hayley's range is mind-blowing, and I love their music. The melodies fit so perfectly with their vocals, it's unreal. :gonk: I could blast Paramore all day without getting sick of it. I'm doing it at this moment, before going in for work. :mokken: And even then I'll take my iPod and listen to them on the way there. :andry:

I've been listening to Queens of the Stone Age recently. I'm obsessed with their songs Sick, Sick, Sick and Run pig run but for the most part the rest of their music isn't so amazing. They're a mellowish band...

Just started listening to The Pillows, a japanese band who's songs take up the sountrack for the show Fooly cooly. I'm lovin the tunes of The Pillows as they have their songs be mellow and throw in some hard rock rifts or a ccatchy melody. A very decent band that should be checked out. Though the songs I'm listening to are the Fooly Cooly soundtrack songs which are old so I don't know about their new stuff yet

Muse: ehhhhhh it's like an obsessionnnnnnnnn, its not just a current addiction, it's constant. I do go through song addictions though, currently its Map of the Problematique. I almost wet myself when that was played on saturday

James: Love love love the new album, need to getswotting up on the 2nd part of it now though, so I can sing along appallingly come december

Back