Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts III

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For me the best Kingdom Hearts is always going to be the first one. It had so much magic and fantasy in it! I played it when I was a kid and was so excited by every event and new character I came across!

I still enjoyed Kingdom Hearts II but there was something about the first game that just seemed so much more fun to me!

My answer was the first Kingdom Hearts because it was really fun to play Especially sephiroth and the other tournament in Colisseum in case you wanted test your skills. The and not only for KH1 but All the KH games has awesome story.

Now that I've played Birth By Sleep. Definitely that title and I'm only on Terra's story so far. The reason I love this game is because, even though I haven't completely done Terra's story I know I'll get a lot more from this game. I've always seen Aqua as the most emotional character out of the three and the one caught up in the middle of everything, and there's a hell of a lot to be explained surrounding Ven so both of those character's stories seem like they'll be fantastic.

I do enjoy the battle system still, I know with Kingdom Hearts it's going to be button mashy which is fine by me. I like having to meld commands and collect treasure chests and stickers and everything else that you need to collect but it gives me something to do outside of the story. I love the command board, it reminds me of Mario Party. :ryan:

The first Kingdom Hearts game is by far the best. Kingdom Hearts II is terrific, but it suffers from poor world designs. Also, there is less of a platforming element with Kingdom Hearts II. On the first game, it was fun to explore worlds and collect various items. On Kingdom Hearts II, the worlds are plain. Atlantica is obviously a travesty, and other areas such as Twilight Town, Halloween Town, and Agrabah are little more than large, empty spaces.

The button mashing goes over the top with Kingdom Hearts II as well. Neither game is particularly challenging, but I felt like my chances of getting through Kingdom Hearts II with my eyes closed were good. Oh, and I can't stand the first 4-5 hours of Kingdom Hearts II. Roxas was a poor addition to the series.

Kingdom Hearts II is flashier, but it doesn't have the heart the first game has.

the first Kingdom Hearts game by far. top 5 best games for me. I remember not knowing wat too expect since it was my 1st ever rpg (i think i was 12 years old) and i knew i lik donald and goofy and disney (actually love disney) i played FF10 right after and fell in luv with the series...so rly KH got me into FF :D but ya just the lovable comedy and making disney characters look badazz and the gameplay wer enough for me

Initially I would have said 2 of course but I have to say birth by sleep, Mainly I loved the music and majority of the tracks where better than 2, I liked being able to choose the main characters, really loved the intorduction to aqua and Vanitas I think looks better than a certain familar character. It didnt hav emulan in the game but still enjoyed most of the disney lands I hated in 2 in this game xD

I'm gonna do another post as i had a change of mind..

my last post was from when i first joined, and it was before birth by sleep came out.. so i'm changing my choice to birth by sleep, by far the best kingdom hearts sooo far :), the storyline is short off amazing, best storyline in a game that i played in a while, the command slots system was a great thing to add to kingdom hearts, and i'm glad that they are using it in other games :yay: and it gave me a great and hard time playing, the bosses were awesome and the secret bosses were tough as hell... the extra bosses in final mix version of birth by sleep was awesome as well :) great game overall..... can't stop playing it :grin:

I'd have to say Kingdom Hearts 1 for me. The storyline touched me so much. So much emotion and conflict. I cried like a baby at the end. I thought the game was just perfect and it's my favorite in the series thus far.

Y'know BBS is okay, I'm playing through it now, I just hate melding commands. It's story is okay, but it doesn't feel like KH, it feels somehow distanced, like BBS was invited to a party, and hung out alone in one of the bedrooms. This can be said about 358, but BBS is such a cameo whore, it's like BBS is to KH, what KH was to FF/Disney. So..... Yeah, it's def 2 for me. 2 was awesome, everything was faster, and flashier, it took everything we loved about 1, and made it so much better. 1 was kinda slow at times, and I love how 2 gave me more options than the default 3 hit combo. I also enjoyed COM, but oh, how I hate 358, and recoded.

I loved Re:CoM. I liked how it was different, but still worked very well. Story wise, it was pretty much KH1, except less excess crap.

KH and KH2 in my opinion. but I also do like 358/2 days because of Roxas. I like his style especially the final fight with Riku. That Rocks.

Kingdom Hearts BBS by far is the best of the series, combining nigh on perfect combat, with a darker story, a more fleshed out cast, and a due of villains that truly inspire intimidation in the minds of the player. The original holds a place in my heart but BBS stands alone in terms of quality and innovation. Deserving nothing more than to be regarded as the crown of the series.

Surprised KH2 got so many votes, being only the second most lackluster entry in the series I would expect it to rank lower.

To me, the original will always be the best.

I liked that it was more mature and harder than the rest of the series, and how it took a dark "gothic" twist towards the end of the game, which really had an FF feel to it at the same time.

I think it's the only game in the series I really enjoyed without a thing to complain about.

While I did enjoy KH2 and BBS, and while the battle systems there are better in a way, they still don't meet the thrill that KH1 brought to me when I was 9 and still does today.

To me, KH1 just had a simple story about friendship, but then the sequels pushed the whole "my friends are my power" stuff to the next level which made me annoyed, especially with BBS, and that's why I'll always like the original more.

It is close between Kingdom Hearts I and II, however I have to pick II because it improved on the origional game. First off the Gummi battle system is much more fun and offers a nice diversion to the main game. Also reaction commands, drives, and limits all helped to change the flow of battles. My only complaint would be the lack of extra, secret bosses. I feel that there should of been more than just 1 extra boss. I missed the phantom of the clock tower from KH I and i had been hoping that there would be another boss like it.

Kingdom Hearts II no question.

It opened up so much more to the story in my opinion and it hasn't been rivaled since. These handhelds are okay but they don't compare to the main ones. SE spent too much time on handhelds (3D's on the way now) instead of focusing on the main series if you ask me.

Sony & SE should strike a deal to get I & II on the PS Store since they now have a PS2 section! Instant buy and would keep fans happy till III arrives. Problem sorted.

I'm gonna say the original Kingdom Hearts game on PS2. That game had a good battle system, the most simple story of the series and all the cool FF characters. Not to mention I played it with my Lil Broski, so I'll always like it for that. :) I couldn't wait to play Re:CoM after finishing 1. Unfortunately the story got slightly out of control after the first game

Definitely the first game. Nostalgia aside I think it handled the real time combat engine really well. I remember playing it for the first time and being blown away by the fluidity and speed of the battles. Granted, I had just come from a Final Fantasy marathon so that's not saying much. Still, I remember just being really impressed by the whole Disney/Square merge coupled with great game play and awesome cameo moments.

Kingdom Hearts II: I've played through it countless times - it's just one of those games I can't get bored of. Unfortunately, I cannot play it anymore because my PS2 died. I think it was just sick of me losing to Demyx constantly (I would get stuck on him every single play-through). ^^; The original Kingdom Hearts was brilliant on the first play but after that I got bored. I find it doesn't interest me until Monstro.

I love 358/2 Days simply because I'm more interested in Organisation XIII's story than the good guys, but a handheld game just can't beat a home console game for me. COM was great but I found it difficult - it was more fun watching my friend play it. :P BBS was interesting but I found it hard to stick with it - I didn't like the new characters much.

Back