General KH Discussion Thread

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
This thread is about posting what you like or dislike about any of the specific games? Is there something that you didn't like in the game? Tell us everything about it in here. No spamming or flamming allowed in this topic.

I didn't realize we didn't have a general discussion thread for this forum. I'll sticky this. :jess:

I like how they made Kingdom Hearts a very good fun game to play with the Disney characters and the Final Fantasy characters. The battle system is unique, the music are great, the story is great, the voiceovers are outstanding and has a good sound effects.

There's only really one thing I don't like about the KH series, and that's the representations of some of the FF characters. I hate what they're done to Squall and Seifer and even Cloud. Though YRP in KHII makes me giggle. XDD

However, that being said, the series is always a joy to pick up and play. I'm tempted to play KHII again once I've finished FFIX... :hmmm:

I like how its an action RPG with Final Fantasy elements. But Sora gets on my nerves because he's waaay to carefree

Do you guys think that the Kingdom Hearts series will be more interesting than the Final Fantasy series? By this I mean in terms of Gameplay, Storyline, Music, Sound Effects, etc. Do you guys think that Kingdom Hearts will become a better series than Final Fantasy or not?

There's only really one thing I don't like about the KH series, and that's the representations of some of the FF characters. I hate what they're done to Squall and Seifer and even Cloud. Though YRP in KHII makes me giggle. XDD

However, that being said, the series is always a joy to pick up and play. I'm tempted to play KHII again once I've finished FFIX... :hmmm:

The whole child version of Wakka, Tidus and Selphie thing was fail, considering Squall (Leon) is adult and in FF8 he was around the same age group as the other FF characters.

Do you guys think that the Kingdom Hearts series will be more interesting than the Final Fantasy series? By this I mean in terms of Gameplay, Storyline, Music, Sound Effects, etc. Do you guys think that Kingdom Hearts will become a better series than Final Fantasy or not?

As much as I'd like to say yes to this, I don't think that any games that borrow's any other games' characters can be better to where they were originally seen in. I don't mind if they're incorporated into the story or anything, but as Masa said, the whole kid tidus, Wakka, and Selphie was a bit overdoing it. Yeah, I understand that Disney had a big part in that, but seriously, it's not like Wakka couldn't be any lamer. :wacky:

LOL I guess it's good I played Kingdom Hearts before any of the Final Fantasy games. So my look of the characters didn't take a hit. I saw them as the kiddies first, and then as the grown ups in their FF games. Overall though, I don't mind how the characters changed in KH, except Vivi. They ruined him by giving him a weird voice :hmph:

This forum is dead.

LIFE.

Does anyone have any idea if we'll get another HD release? A Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX, if you like? I heard some rumours about hidden scenes at the end of the game (no doubt I'll unlock them anyway) and some speculation about whether Birth by Sleep would be re-released as well but nothing confirmed.

The shogun of SE, Sushiaru Donburiji, said something along the lines of, it would be pretty stupid to not release a KH2.5.
As for when and for which console, I don't know. But considering they still haven't started on KH3aru, I doubt it will be any time soon.

The shogun of SE, Sushiaru Donburiji, said something along the lines of, it would be pretty stupid to not release a KH2.5.
As for when and for which console, I don't know. But considering they still haven't started on KH3aru, I doubt it will be any time soon.
There are 3 Kingdom Hearts Remixes been made up to date which are:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix was released for the Playstation 3 on March 14, 2013 for Japan, September 10, 2013 for North America, September 12, 2013 for Australia and September 13, 2013 for Europe. It includes HD remasters of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days HD.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix was released for the Playstation 3 on October 2, 2014 for japan, December 2, 2014 for North America, December 4, 2014 for Australia and December 5, 2014 for Europe. Is an HD collection of Kingdom Hearts titles for the PS3. It includes HD remasters of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded HD.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is one of the latest title been made from the Kingdom Hearts series. This is a HD collection of the Kingdom Hearts titles for the Playstation 4. It includes a HD remaster Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance called Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, a movie based on Kingfom Hearts Unchained X called Kingfom Hearts X Back Cover and a short episode originally teased in the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix Secret Movie called Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep- A Fragmentary Passage. No specific released date was announced yet, but it is said to be released later this year.

Just beat KH2 Final Mix today. I have a feeling I'll still have a hard time understanding KH3's plot.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Main Story Length Around 50 Hours, Over 80 Hours Long with Side Content

kingdom-hearts-3.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 3 has spent an incredibly long time in development, with the developer even acknowledging that it was announced too early. Luckily, Square Enix appears to have created a sizable amount of content to make it worth the wait, as the main game is on track of having one of the longest main campaign in the series.

A Square Enix representative told Geek that the main campaign of Kingdom Hearts 3 will take around 40 to 50 hours to finish. Completing all the side content, such as the various mini-games and collectibles, will give players over 80 hours-worth of total play time.

Some of the fun mini-games players can expect include a cooking game with Ratatouille’s protagonist, a rythm-based mini-game in the Tangled world, and 2D side scrolling games based on the old Mickey Mouse animations, to name a few. Completionists will also have their hands full, as Kingdom Hearts 3 will task players to collect recipes from various worlds, reported geek. Coupled with the game’s RPG aspects and gummi ship building, players have a lot of content to enjoy.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will have the longest story length in the series if it can live up to its 50-hour promise. Based on the data accumulated by How Long to Beat, the average story campaign length for each standalone Kingdom Hearts entry hovers from 20 to 32 hours. Game director Tetsuya Nomura also previously revealed that the team is interested to work on post-launch content, from simple DLCs to expansions, which ultimately extends the overall play time.

It’s possible that the developers are underestimating or overestimating the game’s total play time. Only time will tell. Nonetheless, what matters most is the quality and pacing of both the main campaign and the various side activities, and everyone will only get to test it themselves once Kingdom Hearts 3 hits shelves on Jan. 29 for PS4 and Xbox One.

https://twinfinite.net/2018/07/kingdom-hearts-3-story-length/

Here's to hoping it actually ends up being quality content. Kingdom Hearts 2 has a few missteps, but by and large is super smooth to complete, with the vast majority of the content needed for the Platinum Trophy being really engaging. Took me 75 to complete my first time, and 35 my second time. Even grinding to max level is only a couple of hours of grinding. And that's if you try to do it by itself, rather than leveling while doing other things, which could see you doing much less actual grinding instead.

By contrast, Birth By Sleep is full of tons of obnoxious grinding to get it's Platinum, since you have to meld every command and do well in each minigame... three times. This means getting 9999 Medals three times, beating every hard mode icecream rhythm song three times, completing fruitball all the way through three times, doing the racing game on every track three times, and playing at least 21 Command Board games (but let's be real... you're not going to unlock Pete or get all of the Board exclusive commands in one try, meaning probably quite a few more games). And leveling to max level is already around 7 hours each (from level 50) with Terra and Ventus if you get the world leveling glitch with them. It's around 1.75x that amount of time with Aqua. You don't have to hit max level with everyone, but it sure makes some of the terrible superbosses less painful.

Even if you threw all of that out, there's still an even worse straw that will always break the camel's back... there's a trophy for playing at least 75 hours. So if you want to complete BBS, you're forced to play it for at least 75 hours, even if you finish early. The game doesn't need to be that long to complete. I felt sated after just completing it with one character. If it is going to be 75 hours, that's fine as long as the content was worth it. But you could drop BBS down to just 35 hours of that content, and it would still feel like too much depending on what content you kept in to meet that, and what you took out.

So again, here's to hoping KH3 hits the worthwhile mark, rather than just shoving repetitive tasks at us to pad out the completion time.

EDIT: The supposed emphasis on minigames and the (potentially mistranslated) info that implies you're going to be a bit more railroaded in terms of what worlds you can visit in what order is what worries me the most... as far as content structure is concerned anyway. There's reason to believe that no worlds can be skipped either. Despite the fact that the Gummi exploration is supposed to be more open and freeform, it scares me that we might be forced down a linear list of worlds, where we are then required to interface with whatever Atlantica-equivalent content the game may or may not have. It's honestly a bit baffling that so many worlds seem to have such fully ingrained gimmicks that 'break up' normal gameplay too, since historically the consensus with previous games is that the weakest worlds are the ones that stray too far from the core mechanics, in pursuit of gimmicks designed to 'break up the monotony'; worlds like Pride Lands, Atlantica, Disney Town, etc. aren't always well loved, usually come with the most severe balancing issues, usually havve the least work put into their fundamental design... and are always optional for that very reason. If the translations making their rounds are correct, it seems strange to make them required content.

Last edited:
The HYPE for KH3 is so damn real for me, right now.

I cannot wait to bust out Sora and crew on an adventure to TOY STORY WORLD man. Fucking deadly so it is!!!

My body is ready, Haley Joel!!!
haley-joel-osment.jpg

Back