The Lifestream: A Final Fantasy VII Club

We all seen the trailer of the Final Fantasy VII Remake and a glimpse of the battle system. We still have to see the summons, the materia system and so much more. What ideas would you guys give to Square Enix that can be good for the remake? What things would you guys want to see in the remake?

I personally would like it if they stick to the original storyline. Just the updated graphics alone would be amazing. I also really hope they take Tifa's original design. It wouldn't feel right if they took her Advent Children model. =[ Fingers crossed!

I personally would like it if they stick to the original storyline. Just the updated graphics alone would be amazing. I also really hope they take Tifa's original design. It wouldn't feel right if they took her Advent Children model. =[ Fingers crossed!
Many other FFVII fans were hoping for just a graphic update with maybe voice acting. I honestly don't think the game would have gotten the same positive feedback as it had back in 1997 if that was all that ended up being done. I also like Tifa's Advent Children look more, but I am a sucker for black clothing....so yeah.

The Final Fantasy VII Remake has been quite impressive from what we seen so far. The trailer has shown us a glimpse of what the remake will have instore for us, from the upgraded graphics to the battle system. We still have yet to see the other important elements that made this game a classic which are the Materia System, World Map, Soundtrack and the Summons. One of the most important things that fans wants to know is if Square Enix is going to keep the actual story line or will they add more to it in the future?

According to what I have read in the media, it is said that each episode will cost the players $60 to purchase it, which it will be a grand total of $180 for the whole game. The question is, would you pay $180 for a game that cost $40 back in 1997? As an episodic game, I think that Square Enix is trying to do a 3 part game as the original game which it contained 3 discs, but instead charging us for each part individually instead of the whole game. Some people disagree with that idea, others are fine with it. I think that is what Square Enix is trying to do with this remake in order to make lots of profits from it. That is my personal opinion.

A game with this quality cost millions of dollars to make do to the number of people working on it and the time they spent in it. They have to pay the developers, the designers and the rest of the team members that are working with this proyect. That is the only reason that I can think of about the episodic parts been sold individually. Another question that people has been asking themselves is, when Square Enix is planning to release the game? In my own opinion I think they will release it on it’s 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary due to the fact that it will sell out more that way because of it.

The reason I say that it will be released on the 20th Anniversary is because 1997 was the year that the original game came out and the 20th Anniversary is in 2017. The PS3 tech demo trailer was released back in 2005. After 10 years, they release the first trailer of the official Final Fantasy VII remake in 2015. So if my calculations are right and they started to work on the remake in 2005, they should be done with it by 2017 before the 20th Anniversary. So that means that Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released one year after Final Fantasy XV is been released.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
It's likely part 1 will be getting released some time next year after KHIII imo. I highly doubt the entire game is going to get released in 2017. The story line is planned to be expanded upon. Rather this means taking everything in relation to FFVII that has released over the years and putting it into the title, or doing completely new expanding is something I couldn't tell you. If they was to release the whole thing as a single bundle at once with say 3 parts, sales probably wouldn't be as good. With the part releases likely not to be all within the same year, sales may decline with each follow up part. Later on in time Square may release all 3 parts in a single bundle, but that is something that will needed to be waited on.

It's likely part 1 will be getting released some time next year after KHIII imo. I highly doubt the entire game is going to get released in 2017. The story line is planned to be expanded upon. Rather this means taking everything in relation to FFVII that has released over the years and putting it into the title, or doing completely new expanding is something I couldn't tell you. If they was to release the whole thing as a single bundle at once with say 3 parts, sales probably wouldn't be as good. With the part releases likely not to be all within the same year, sales may decline with each follow up part. Later on in time Square may release all 3 parts in a single bundle, but that is something that will needed to be waited on.

Another important question is, how long will each episode be? I don't think is a great idea for fans to be waiting for the next episode to be available for too long. From what I understand from the word episodic, each episode will be purchased as DLC if not releasing the whole game. What I can think of is that depending on how many hours the game has will then be divided by three parts, each equally with the same amount of hours of plays. That way the development team has time to finish the next part, unless they have another way of doing it.

The second question is, How long will it take for the next episode to be available? This is another thing that had me thinking for a while. The fans will get tired of waiting for the next episode if they play for long hours and finish the episode in a short period of time. This is the reason why I don't like the idea of this remake been a episodic game. I just can't seem to understand why make it into parts instead of the whole game.

I'm not saying is a bad idea, I just think that it doesn't feel right to play it like that. It feels like watching some sort of a series and then wait for the next season to come out. I don't see the purpose of doing that. Unless the full game will be turned into episodes as you progress into it like reading a book. That is more understandable.

Each part is being aimed to be the length of a full game. There were no specifics on that, so it's a very vague statement that we'll just have to go with until more details are presented later on in time.

How long the next takes to complete varies on several factors:
- What portion of the story is being covered?
- What expansions and/or other lore is going to get added?
- How are some scenes going to get played out?
- Is the battle system of that respective part going to be different from previous installments?
- How long of a break would developers have after a part is completed?

They are taking the lesser of two evils by making sure people can start to experience the remake as soon as possible. Otherwise, producing the entire game would take dreadfully long. Also, with the game being released in parts it would be more possible to receive feedback that could effect some parts of future releases. Yes, they could just slop something together for a cash crab and put it out real quick in full, but that isn't Nomura's mindset. He's trying to surpass the original title. Standards have changed greatly since 1997, and the gaming community is much more diverse as well today. Generating a current day equal of a FFVII title of 97 in scope is going to take a lot of years. Some people aren't willing to wait for years and years to play the full package. If Square at least provides those people with something, as long as its good, it'll be easier to hold their attention for future releases imo.

Each part is being aimed to be the length of a full game. There were no specifics on that, so it's a very vague statement that we'll just have to go with until more details are presented later on in time.

How long the next takes to complete varies on several factors:
- What portion of the story is being covered?
- What expansions and/or other lore is going to get added?
- How are some scenes going to get played out?
- Is the battle system of that respective part going to be different from previous installments?
- How long of a break would developers have after a part is completed?

They are taking the lesser of two evils by making sure people can start to experience the remake as soon as possible. Otherwise, producing the entire game would take dreadfully long. Also, with the game being released in parts it would be more possible to receive feedback that could effect some parts of future releases. Yes, they could just slop something together for a cash crab and put it out real quick in full, but that isn't Nomura's mindset. He's trying to surpass the original title. Standards have changed greatly since 1997, and the gaming community is much more diverse as well today. Generating a current day equal of a FFVII title of 97 in scope is going to take a lot of years. Some people aren't willing to wait for years and years to play the full package. If Square at least provides those people with something, as long as its good, it'll be easier to hold their attention for future releases imo.

You have a good point there. I totally agree with you on what you just said. The game community has indeed changed throughout the years as well as the gaming industry. This is probably why Nomura wants to make this game as good as possible and try to outsell the original version which it can happen. They already seen the reaction of the people when they announced the trailer, which I personally think the reaction of the people was greater than the tech demo.

Now that the developers has seen the interest of the fans towards the remake, they can be quite confident that it will outsell the 1997 original version record by far. There are still some questions to ask about the remake. But the big question is, will Square Enix put the compilation as a DLC?

But the big question is, will Square Enix put the compilation as a DLC?
That is a good question. I am personally speculating that there will be a physical release at some point. Despite digital downloading being embraced quite a bit now and these days, it still has some issues. If each part was to be at least 50 GB, that would take an extremely long time to download for people that have very poor internet. If that download was to become corrupt, it would have to be re-downloaded. There is no promise as to how long a download file would exist. Since the standard PS4 has ~500 GB to work with storage wise, 150 GB + would take up a ton of space. The problem can be reduced some by installing a larger size hard drive, but 150 GB + is still a lot either way you look at it. Then there's the issue of accessibility. The data would be locked on that console, unlike if a person had the discs. So if a person had the discs, they could put them into a different console elsewhere (e.g. a friends house). Another plus to a physical version would be if it was to be released in some form of an ultimate collector's edition. Something along those lines with other physical goods such as an artbook, soundtrack, etc. etc. could fit that criteria. Blu-Ray discs have nullified the issues of extreme wear and tear of normal CDs of the past by being more durable.

It has been awhile since I last posted here but what about the possible online content FFVII remake could potentially have?

It has been awhile since I last posted here but what about the possible online content FFVII remake could potentially have?

Well I have thought of only one possible online content for now and that is a submarine online mode. I think it will be fun to play against other players with this mini game. What you guys think of this idea?

It would be a fun minigame to play as, it could be minigame where you could build your own sub and where you could have your own units.

Back