Gamer Teams Information

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
Gamer Teams

This thread is to see how many of you would be interested in having Gamer Teams, which would work a little bit like the GFX Clans, but with gaming competitions and events. There would be two teams, led by Mods, and the teams could participate in callouts with members within their own team, or with members of the other team. There could also be team vs team matches. Upon signing up, members would have to provide their Gamertag/PSN ID, what systems you own, and what PvP games you have, to make it simpler for callouts to take place. This way, someone with Resident Evil 5 on PS3 could find someone else with the same game on the same system quickly. This information would be posted in the Gamer Teams lounge, which would be open to both teams. Each team would have their own separate area as well that they could plan competitions and game plans, without the other team seeing. If you are interested in this please post to let us know as we think this could be a really fun way of organizing gaming events.

I am getting a PS3 next week and would be interesting in joining something like this. Is there any particular games you were thinking about, or just the general popular multi-player games. Either way I think this is a good idea and we should start something like it. :jess:

This sounds like a cool idea. I have an Xbox 360 currently but can only access online well at my grandparents house. Even if i were not to participate, i still think it would be interesting to see outcomes. I'm all for the idea.

It would most likely be games such as Halo 3, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead/ L4D2, Uncharted, Tekken, Soulcalibur, Resident Evil and the like. As long as someone else has the same game and same system you could play against each other :)

I'm definitely interested in this. :jess:

I've become obsessed with gaming online lately. I currently have a 360 and most of the games listed above. I plan on getting a PS3 this week as well.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

I have a PS3 and I have some games that some members here also have, and it will be great to have competitions between rival teams. I've only played a few games with people I know online as they're really hard to organise usually due to people being busy at different times and also timezone differences, but a thing like this which makes it a bit more important / exciting / organised might help with this.

So I'm all up for this if the idea goes ahead. It'll add focus to online gaming as well.

Well my main game right now is Uncharted :ryan: but, I do have some online games other then Uncharted such as COD(s) MW2, MAG etc :jess:
Very interesting and im all for it!!
Of course I gots the PS3 :awesome:

Naturally, I'm interested. I have a PS3. Stupid question, but will only PVP games be listed? :hmmm:

PvP is what we are aiming for, yes. This includes everything from shooters, to sports games to puzzle games, as long as you can play against someone, and someone else has the game you can challenge them to a callout.

I think i'll join, I have a PS3 and play RE5 Versus frequently. :hmmm:
But that's it actually. :wacky:
Hell with it, i'll join anyway. xD
This could become quite interesting. :hmmm:

I'll join too. I may get RE5 for PS3 (or XBox) soon.

We may set this up tomorrow depending on how many shows interest initially. =]

Well I guess ill sign up xD. I have like very freaking system so im not listing xD. Mostly on mw2 now but when I get a new halo disc (hopefully tommorow) I will be on that for a bit. But dont expect me to get into clan battles when im doing my own things on Final Fantasy XIII >_> (when its out xD) So im interested :gasp:

I'll join up, seeing as how I'm not a part of any other team on this site, I'll step it up. I have a PS3, and I suppose the only game I could play is Call of Duty 4 (which is outdated with MW2 around now :mokken:). I was just talking to someone about Soul Calibur IV, which I think would work, and if you're all brave enough to get owned in Guitar Hero, I can do that as well.

Oooh! I didn't even think about Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Thanks Dan! and I think as long as someone else has CoD 4, you should be fine :)

I'm in, i only have a playstation 3 though. I'm surprised this wasn't thought of sooner xD. The only games i have are Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto 4, and LittleBigPlanet. Those are my only multiplayer online gamess at the moment.

Riiight sir, I'm in! I'm on Ps3, and the games I've got that I'll be avaliable online for are Grand Theft Auto 4, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur 4, LittleBigPlanet (there are ways to challenge each other on it, believe it or not) and Borderlands, but it didn't capture my attention long enough for me to get any further than level 22 so...yeah. :wacky:

I'm definitely all for it. I've got a PS3, but the only multiplayer game I have right now is Tekken 6. Still all for it, anyways.

When you say PvP, would this essentially be 1 vs 1? Or would teams and 2 vs 2 games be carried out too?

For most games 1 vs 1 would be quite difficult to keep up, unless it is the two of you in a game with other people, on opposite sides, and fighting for a better score / kill count.

I forgot to mention what games I could play with, as I wasn't sure we were meant to list them yet.

I can potentially play for (in no order whatsoever):
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Red Faction:Guerrilla
Fat Princess
Call of Juarez
Ghostbusters
Wipeout HD
PAIN
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Tekken: DR
Brutal Legend
Dragonball Z Burst Limit
Haze
Bomberman (though I really, really, REALLY suck at it :D)

I kept some of the old games I got really cheap in that list in case anyone happened to have them, but I don't expect to be able to play with anyone on Burst Limit or Haze for example.

EDIT - Oh wait, it says in the first post that there might be team games too.

EDIT 2 - and for the games they are all on the PS3.

Last edited:
It sounds like a good idea, I've got a few games that can be played online so sign me up, or whatever cliche is acceptable.

Back