What did you Think of Last Order?

It was a good Anime but I feel it was far too short...It could have been alot longer! But what we had of it was great! that was £30 well spent!

(I got the special edition Advent Children box set thingy)

All in all it's ok...

I totally agree! I do wish they would have made it longer. Poor Cloud, suffering from Mako poisoning. I felt so bad for him but I did love seeing Zack. He's definantly awesome!

I can't say LO leaves a great impression on me. The animation in itself is not bad, but it isn't the drawing style I really prefer. However, I thoroughly enjoy the voice acting in it. I have been very impressed by the level of Japanese voice acting in the FFVII Compilation so far.

LO however upsets me for the way it's retconned the story, such as the manner in which Cloud defeated Sephiroth. For me, it ruined a great moment of Cloud's in the original story, when he launched Sephiroth straight into the Mako pit. Yet LO retcons the scene so that Sephiroth jumps in on his own accord.

Brilliant. Great to see Zack playing a main part in something. Loved the animation too. I'm a sucker for artwork <3

I can't say LO leaves a great impression on me. The animation in itself is not bad, but it isn't the drawing style I really prefer. However, I thoroughly enjoy the voice acting in it. I have been very impressed by the level of Japanese voice acting in the FFVII Compilation so far.

LO however upsets me for the way it's retconned the story, such as the manner in which Cloud defeated Sephiroth. For me, it ruined a great moment of Cloud's in the original story, when he launched Sephiroth straight into the Mako pit. Yet LO retcons the scene so that Sephiroth jumps in on his own accord.

You know that disappointed me as well. In the original story is was Cloud who threw Sephiroth in the Mako pit, Sephiroth didn't jump in there all on his own >.< They shouldn't have messed that part up.

I really enjoyed it, though it would have been awesome had it been longer :) I like the artwork, as I'm a big sucker for that...I think Sephy looked pretty hot! LOL

I was really glad that they made Last order imo it described things a little bit more than the game. I wish it had been somewhat longer though, overall though im happy with it.
I think they should do more animes about ff7.

It was nice to see but really didn't add anything new that would make me want to buy it for myself, saw a pals copy, the art style was cool and the Japanese V/O were awesome too. I didn't agree with changing certain parts of the plot like how Sephiroth jumped into the Mako pit although that's only only a minor thing really.

And it helped alot with getting new proof for the little LT Debates for both Cleris and Cloti alike ^^ :lol:

If you mean that it cemented the fact that Cloud and Tifa always liked eachother since they were children, of course! LO was packaged with AC in Japan so anyone who was clueless about Cloud and Tifa's relationship could definetely see how they were in LO and think "Oh, so they DO like eachother."

That change is usually the number one reason I hear that people didn't like LO. Sure, there were a few retcons here and there but I do not beleive that it ruins Cloud's shining moment in any way. Cloud still pulls the sword out of himself and amazes Sephiroth with his strength. So then... Seph jumps into the mako with Jenova's head! I actually liked it a bit better than in the original game. Though the only thing I didn't like too much was how they didn't include Tifa's cowboy hat and that she already had her dolphin tail (LOL). And also, Tifa found her dad dead inside the reactor, not outside. =/ Oh well... I suppose this is the way Nomura wanted things originally, or he just decided that change would be good.

That is true, Tifa's dad was killed inside of reactor. The variety of certain events intrigues me.>_<

I was so ecstatic when I watched it for the first time...! For me, it earns MAJOR points with the fact that 'OMG SEPHIRORTH, ZACK AND CLOUD ARE IN AN ANIME/OVA-thing!!!1eleven!!11'. I've waited for SUCH a long time see that happen. It's great when Squeenix fulfils your wishes XD.

Zack is one of my most favourite characters, and he definitely didn't get the screen-time he deserced in the game, so I really liked the fact that there was so much of him in the OVA. Plus, the fact that the anime was based on THE GREATEST turning point in the game was totally awesome.

The one thing I didn't like though, was how that didn't show Zack getting shot. I was disappointed. Now, I DO like Zack, and seeing him die isn't something good. But I cried like HELL when they showed that in the game. All...15 seconds of it :lol: . It wouls have give the anime a real sense of completion, and add that much to the overall emotion and feel of it.

But in the end, it's a 15/10 for me. ^_^

I liked LO. Like most others, I thought it was weird that some things had been changed from the game - most notably the Cloud vs. Sephiroth thing. It seems like a good change though, and doesn't disturb me too much.

I loved the opportunity to see Zack in action, too. And even knowing how it would end, I still longed for them both to escape...

i liked it, far too short or could have been made into a short series about the whole nibblehiem incedent but it was good as is:)

Yeah this movie was pretty good. I love the part with Cloud when he gets stabbed and he flings Seph off by twisting around like that. I was suprised to find out that Seph committed scuicide, I thought that Cloud killed him all this time... Don't play games with my mind Square-Enix.

Back