What did you Think of Last Order?

I always thought it was released before Crisis Core to go more in depth to what Cloud thought he went through in VII. I haven't finished VII, though, so I may be wrong.

Yes... I am working on it.

Yuna: Before Crisis, and the version depicted therein, complete with Turk's limited viewpoint in the incident, leading to the limitation of his report with regards to the battle. Yet he still mentioned the dialogue between the MP and young guide girl. Thorough, that turk.

We don't see much of the Nibleheim incident in CC that is also touched on in BC. We even cut to after any Conversation Cloud and Tifa might have had with him cradling her head in right about his lap. The only thing it changes is that Cloud returns to tossing Sephiroth with his own sword and injuring his pride that way, which was a change from the original as well.

::Shrug::

I watched last order yesterday and thought it was great and I think they should just make a full anime seris of FFVII.
I do wish it had gone more in deph though, showing how Zack and Cloud escape the shinra mansion(sp?) and then Zacks last battle.
Although i guess that would ruin the game Crisis Core.

It was good,I loved the action and the animation was great but it bothered me how the events were shown,meaning the order.It confused me a little actually.Just as my above post says,it'd be nice to see a FF anime,but please don't add any new characters.Just follow the original story.

I have just watch Final Fantasy VII Last Order and I got to say that it is a very good anime, because it has lots informations about the characters like Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth. Also they show you what really happend inside the Shinra Mako Reactor at Nibelheim's Mountain when Sephiroth burn down the village. It tells you some of the story more clearly than in the actual Final Fantasy VII game. Basicly they're showing us the truth about what happend in Nibelheim and inside the Mako Reactor. This event happend before Final Fantasy VII. This event happend in Final Fantasy VII Before Crisis which I believe is two years before Final Fantasy VII. For it to be 21 minutes long, I find it very interesting.

Last edited:
I liked the OVA. It gave me a great view on what happened before FFVII. Before Crisis Core came out, it was all I had to go on. It was interesting enough and I still watch it periodically. It looks great and it's a part of the compilation, so it wins :ryan:

Ive never heard of the last order? is it worth watching? and where can i get it/watch it?

I love this, but the couple of continuity errors are a little frustrating. But I never had a problem with them really, I always put it down to it being from the Turks' point of view.
Plus, it was a good chance to see something with Tseng in it, I thought it was good that he was the narrator in it, he doesn't get enough time in the original game. I really like his character.

But yeah, it simplifies what happened in the original game with Cloud and Zack. It's certainly worth watching :)

Thankyou for the link! i really liked it!
i think there was one thing that didnt make sence with like crisis core but then again it could just be me misreading it.!
i do see what you mean about it being from the turks point of view, its like sort of how tseng felt about it i thought :)
i cant belive id never heard of it before, im glad you put up the link :) thankyou verrry much!

the best bit had to be zack fighting all the shinra guards in hand to gun combat it was so fast and cloud aginst the sword how weak are the shinra soldias

I think it chopped up the original way things went, and it drew pretty poorly at that, The anatomy of the characters almost messed with how I perceived them, Cloud looked NOTHING like Cloud, and it made them completely OOC.

Fighting part is the best part

MOD EDIT: This would be considered a spammy short post in a post count section. Can you please edit this and add more content to this post? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was pretty good. It was interesting to see the Sephiroths mental break down and Zacks death in a different perspective. However, certain parts werent quite faithful to the way tbey were portrayed in the game. Despite that, I thought itvwas good. It would be great if they did more.

It's an all right movie. It's nothing out of the ordinary, though. Pretty much shows us some of Crisis Core...before Crisis Core came out. It had nice art, nice voice acting, and yaddi yadda. It needs more Aerith, though, but she didn't really play a crucial part in all that crap.

if you ask me..
both crisis core and last order was made by square enix but why did they have such a big difference in the storyline ? :O

if you ask me..
both crisis core and last order was made by square enix but why did they have such a big difference in the storyline ? :O

The reason why they have a difference between the storyline is because each event happened in a different period of time. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core happened 6 years before the event of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Last Order is the same event as Final Fantasy VII. That is why they both have different storyline. As to why I think about this animated movie is that it is very interesting and is full of action.

Back