Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Well, I'm eyeballing this on ebay, but those of you that know me, know I have a love/hate relationship with KH games

Sooo is this game worth buying?

Edit* Don't forget spoiler tags if you need them >_<

If you don't like KH all that much, then not really. It's probably the weakest entry in the series, at least it is for me. Also, the story isn't really necessary, although it fleshes a lot of things out.

It's only really worth getting if you're 'into' the story of Kingdom Hearts. Sadly the upgrade system, albeit original, is pretty poop on the whole and thoroughly unenjoyable. The gameplay is quite awkward at the best of times too, and on the whole should've been a game employed on better consoles than a DS. The camera isn't too fun either.

'Knowing you', I don't think you'd play past the first couple of chapters without deducing you're not a fan.

For a DS game, it's pretty good. Graphics and sound are nice (no CGI opening/ending though) and there's a decent playthrough amount for this handheld. I think I beat my first playthrough in 35+ hours, and that's just the main story and not the extra missions.

I will say that it can be really repetative. Finish the mission, get a scene, repeat. It reminds me of Riku's Reverse/Rebirth POV in CoM in that sense :hmmm:

The battle system more or less is the same as the PS2 games but has it's own unique leveling and ability system (think tetris).

Because this is a story about Roxas' year in the organization, it's only really going to focus on him and other organization members. There's a few scenes with Riku, Namine and quite a few with Xion and even Axel, but it's mostly Roxas, Roxas, Roxas. It's defintely important to the over-all story to get his POV on things, but if you really didn't like Org. XIII and Roxas, you might not like this game then xD

Let's see...I love Kingdom Hearts, so I'd already endorse this myself. If you're a KH fan with a DS, then really, there's no reason for you NOT to play this. But even if you're not an invested fan, I say that it's still a pretty good RPG for the DS in of itself.

Also, there's a little bit of a connection with Birth by Sleep xD

It's still pretty new - you could probably just rent the game if you're not sure you wanna buy it though O.O

Like others have said, if you're not a huge fan of KH then you should probably stay away from this one. I wasn't completely disappointed but in the sense that it was a incomplete is what turned me off. There aren't many worlds, of course. The most interesting part was setting up the Panels. As much as a pain I found it, it was rewarding figuring out which panels I should equip for certain worlds and missions, although Saïx gave it away too. But I have to say the story itself is what drew me in...once the actual story got start, that is. (I'm not saying anything as I do not want to be the person who spoils the story). But what annoyed me the MOST was getting Mission Crowns and completing Mission Challenges. You have to replay missions in Mission Mode to get crowns which you can exchange for goods at the Moogle Shop. For Challenges, you must find the Emblem or Blazon in the mission then replay them with certain restrictions.

In short, I would have to say knowing the story was worth the buy.

Hmmm kingdomhearts 358/2 days is a very good game if you have friends who you can play it with.And the story,panels,keblades,characters were ok but the misson crowns,emblem,misson challenges wasn't that good. You should only buy this game if you have a friend to play multiplayer with or the story because the story is awesome .Hmmm.

If you like KH then it's definetly worth it and if you have friends that own it also,it's a lot more fun.

I actually have a PSP with Dissidia and Crisis Core. I've beaten both games several times and gotten all of the secrets and stuff...several times, so I've been wondering if I should trade that for DS and KH 358/2 Days

OR

If I should just wait until the summer for Birth By Sleep

I really do wanna play Birth By Sleep, but I also wanna try playing as Roxas and all the other members of Organization XIII

I really enjoy Kingdom Hearts as a series. The only games I haven't enjoyed thus far have been Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.

358 just... I dunno. I played it for about 3 hours (which, I admit, may not have been long enough to get into the story), but it just did not catch my attention. The controls felt wonky IMO. I read up on the story, and it's just getting a bit too convoluted for my tastes.
You may like it though. Everyone likes different things. In my opinion though, it's a weak installment to the series, and doesn't leave me with much hope for BbS.

I'd highly recommend it. Haven't played much so far, but I've most certainly been impressed by what I've seen so far. If you want to know more about Roxas and his backstory, then it's definitely for you.

no not worth it i played all kh's to date besides birth by sleep, damn japanese, i like the story and all but to repetitive, its like watching a 5 year old playing on pbs kids dot org, repeat, rewind, again, talk, fight, talk, repeat, flashback, all it is that and the story is kind of weird i mean, i can understand what they were trying to do but really... COME ON!!!

Eh. As far as I'm concerned, it only gave a small amount of detail as to what happened with Roxas and the other member of Org. XIII of which I could care less about.

Stick to FFIV, Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You unless you're a HUGE KH fan and just want to play it for a small amount of story value.

I decided to buy the game - saw it extra-cheap on ebay so I sneaked a cheeky bid in there. I really didn't have very many DS games, so I thought I'd go for it!

i'm on the fence as this is the only spin-off i haven't played. i really like KH, but i don't want to oversaturate myself with unneeded backstory if it can be avoided.

Out of the blue my mom...

sooo really my mom jus was like "i hope you like kingdom of hearts"
i say "yea i hear its good...it seems good...why?"
she says "i bought you one of the games"
(oh crude)"do you know which one?!"
"nope. forgot. here you go!"
i unwrap it and start to play it. the graphics caught me off guard because normally i don't get good graphics on a hand held, but i thought it was really good. the replay value is pretty good being that it has different difficultly levels to test your skills. i have never played KH before so the storyline was choppy, but based on how you have to play it by solving puzzles and still fighting i thought was clever. besides being lost in the major story of KH the story for KH358/2 days was well thought and touching. on easy it took me four days to play because i just love the different worlds. i could have finished it in two, but i had to sleep. the music and voices were picked well. i have to say being that this was my first KH game i loved it and im trying to save for another KH game of any type.:yaoi:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 day is worth buying it is a spin off but its a great one. I would say 358/2 days is probably the 2nd best Kingdom Hearts. In 358/2 days you can play/fight with all the organisation members from Kingdom hearts chain of memories and Kingdom Hearts 2 you also get to play as the XIV(14) member. There is a new story that takes place between Kingdom hearts CoM and 2 and I say its a better story than both. You learn new ability's and get new keyblades.

I highly recommend Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days!

if you want to know what else was going on during Chain of Memories i would say yes... im enjoying this game quite a lot... im playing it now

The game is enjoyable to the fan service level and for DS level. It couldve been alot more but its not.....for those who value story overall this isnt the game for you. For those who like the fan service, this game will be eye catchy. Replay value?

Depends on what motivates you to replay. Getting higher scores on missions or looking for secrets.

If you want the full story of what happened between KH and KHII you should get it. It covers a lot of the story and explains why Sora was asleep for an entire year

Back