Do you actually lol when you type lol?

I don't type lol that much, but when I do I usually grin/chuckle or laugh out loud. Sometimes I actually say LOL out loud.. In the bar, it tends to give me weird looks :D

Very rarely. I use it as a way to end a certain conversation, or just because I have no idea of what to say during that moment. If I do actually laugh I'd write something like

"Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllegit yo!"

I add the legit so people know I'm actually laughing.

Its become almost like a virtual nervous tick for me. I add it into online conversations when I can't think of anything to say or just to break up sentences -_- Seriously need to think about breaking the habit!

Eh, only sometimes.

Like, I will type lol if I find something amusing, whether I laugh out loud or not is irrelevant to me. Then again, it does not take much for me to laugh in the first place. So more often than not I will lol when I have laughed.

This is funny because not that long ago I had a conversation with a buddy about this. If I'm texting somebody and I send you "lol, rofl, lulz" that means I'm legitimately laughing. Or if I send you " :) :D XD xD " or any face related to smiling, I'm actually smiling.
Like right now reading this response back to myself I'm legitimately lol'ing and smiling :)

Back