Crystal Bearers.....Yeah

Exoskeleton

Pale Flesh
Veteran
Gil
I bought this game two days ago and I absolutely love how different it is from other ff games! It's sooooooo addicting! :P But I find that the characters are too....well...not like other FF characters that I've come to enjoy. Layle talks like he already knows he's some kind of a hero. He makes these remarks that are just unbelievably cocky at times. And Bell....Bell Bell Bell...What can I say. She's a female version of Layle and does anybody else find her to be annoying and problematic? I mean
that bikini contest thingy was totally uncalled for and was something I've never seen in an FF game!
She's....yea. The whole character development needs some work....but I love the game so far though. it's great. If your reading this and don't have it....GO GET IT NAO! rawrs and stuff.... anyway that's all frum me for nao!
cream.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was the only one who wanted to throw Belle straight off a cliff. By the end of my first playthrough, I'd grown to seriously dislike her. So when I played the game for a second time, I took a few moments to [while in the Subterranean Ruins] mess with her. I also purposely loss the beach mini game just out of spite. -__- I wanted Jegran to catch her. Smack her around a bit. She's ridiculously arrogant.

She'll handle it solo?

Okay, Miss Solo. I'll sit back and let
you handle the power-hunger maniac of a Crystal Bearer and the demon crystal ship he created. Try not to become a power source, you hear?

As for Layle, I didn't really see him as arrogant. I figured that he was just extremely secure in his abilities as a bearer. When something was needed of him, he didn't have the "I'll try my best" mentality that I've seen so much in RPG's. With him, it was like "Oh. You need me [insert impossible feat here] with my bearer powers? Step back and let me handle this. >;D"

I found him to be refreshing. You usually see self-assured guys as side characters, not main characters. It was nice.

I agree, Kilala. Layle was a rad protagonist.
I wish he'd had a full game and some more conflict, though. Bearers almost felt like a side story or something, not a game in itself.

I absolutely love FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers. You should have seen my face when G4 rated it 2 out of 5 stars in their game ratings. It deserves a better rating than that. Belle was extremely sassy if you ask me. At some parts I thought there were some times where she needed to get slapped silly, like by those girls she had a beach battle with. They were like housewives of New Jersey. As for Layle, I loved his role as a protagonist. If he were real, I'd find him so we could on a few adventures on our own. I'll certainly be a better companion than Belle was. Not as stuck up or expecting so much help towards the end of the game .

I finally got a Wii for Christmas and i'm playing this right now. I think i'm falling in love with this game...it's so addicting! And I agree with everyone else, Belle is so friggin' annoying. Anything that comes out of her mouth irritates the crap out of me, especially the "I'm a Selkie, I can handle it solo" line. I was hoping someone would just slap her a few times. :hmph:

Estrella said:
You should have seen my face when G4 rated it 2 out of 5 stars in their game ratings.

Whaaat?! They seriously gave it a 2/5? That's silly, this game deserves so much more than a 2/5. D:<

My boyfriend has just called me and told me that he's bought this game for me, but I won't be able to try it. I'm a bit ambivilant towards it, because I've never played a FF game on a console like a Wii before, but we only got the Wii at the weekend. I'm looking forward to playing another Crystal Chronicles game, I played Ring of Fates on the DS a couple of years ago, but I sold it (had to pay the car tax- the DS went too :( )

I've refrained from hovering over the spoilers, because I do that far too often with games I haven't played, shows and films I haven't seen etc, and I want this to be a bit of a surprise while at the same time I want to know if it's a decent game to play. I know it can be two-player co-operative, is this easier or harder within the game?

I read in a game informer that this was the worst game to ever come out and that it was shameful to the name of Final Fantasy

It was a meh title for me.

I enjoyed it at first and then the fun wore off and I was left with not much to do afterwards but to play it again. There were quite a few things to do... But none of which were FUN...

It's a game I loved at first but the novelty wore off the second time through...

I read in a game informer that this was the worst game to ever come out and that it was shameful to the name of Final Fantasy

I find video game magazines to be full of shit over 99% of the time. I take their reviews worth a grain of salt to be completely honest. If I were you I'd play the games and make the judgements yourself.

I find video game magazines to be full of shit over 99% of the time. I take their reviews worth a grain of salt to be completely honest. If I were you I'd play the games and make the judgements yourself.

XD I usually do... that is why I played FFXIII even though everybody else told me it sucked... I love the game to death and always will... perhaps eventually I will play Crystal Bearers but I found Chronicles to suck as an FF game but great as a stand alone game... and gameinformer actually has a lot of accurate stuff in it but mostly it is just opinions of people

Back