FF Music Favorite FF Music?

Debesis

Blue Mage
Gil
I was wondering everyone's opinions on the Final Fantasy OSTs, what your favorite soundtracks for the games are, because everyone knows that Nobuo Uematsu is just plain awesome. :awesome:

Personally, I have a hard time deciding between FF7 and FF9's music. They're both really good, although the music for all of the game's are fucking awesome.

So, what're your opinions~?

My favorite track is without a doubt "To Zanarkand". The music is soothing and I become relaxed when listening to it. "The Place I'll Return To Someday" and "Liberi Fatali" are close second and third.

My favorite soundtrack is probably FFVIII's soundtrack. FFVIII's soundtrack has a lot of memorable songs which are also great to listen to without the game (The Landing, Ami, Liberi Fatali, The Oath, Waltz For The Moon, etc. etc.) FFX's soundtrack leans to much on the Zanarkand theme sometimes. FFIX's soundtrack is also really good, but features less really memorable songs then FFVIII's.

Final Fantasy IX is probably my favourite OST out of them all, it has a really nice sound to it, all being said, Final Fantasy XII would come in a close second. As much as the game on the whole can be faulted, I think the OST for XII was brilliant. I do like Final Fantasy XIII's OST though from what I've heard of it, and Japanese owners of the game have said it's brilliant so that could be a favourite of mine soon. Which is nice in a way because Uematsu had nothing to do with the OST so it'd be pretty goos seeing more than 1 brilliant composer in SE :ryan:

Hmm im going to have to go with FFVII so many Memorable one's
Tifa's Theme, Barrets theme, One Winged Angel, Mako Reactor Flowers Blooming in the Church some of my faveourite's
as for my very faveourite one will have to be One-Winged Angel its just epic(its so good i put it on everytime i play dissidia)

Last edited:
Hmm im going to have to go with FFVII so many Memorable one's
Tifa's Theme, Barrets theme, One Winged Angel, Mako Reactor Flowers Blooming in the Church some of my faveourite's
as for my very faveourite one will have to be One-Winged Angel its just epic(its so good i put it on everytime i play dissidia)

Haha, yeah, One-Winged Angel is pure win.

I do like Final Fantasy XIII's OST though from what I've heard of it, and Japanese owners of the game have said it's brilliant so that could be a favourite of mine soon.

Yeah, Final Fantasy XIII's soundtrack seems like it's going to be really good. I can't wait for the game, it looks amazing.

Without a doubt I would have to say FFIX has my vote for best soundtrack. I rather enjoy most of the songs on the OST. Kuja's Millennium Theme and You're Not Alone along with Necron's battle theme are among my favorites of the album.

Hell, even Mr. Nobou himself stated that it's his favorite OST. How win is that?

Final Fantasy IX is my favourite OST as well.
My favourite tracks are 'Black Mage Village' and 'Melodies of Life', although I like Kuja's themes as well.
FFVIII comes a close second for me, I could listen to the Balamb Garden theme all day.

Ah there's too many!
Flowers Blooming in the Church
To Zanarkland
Kuja's theme
Fulfilled Desire
Shuffle or Boogie
Yuffie's theme

Oh there's so much MORE D:

IMO FFVII & FFVIII have the best OSTs, i can't really choose my favorite in the series but i really love Balamb Garden from FFVIII, when you first hear it it's impossible not to associate the music with the set right away, a soothing tone that is just perfect.
And also, Holding My Thoughts in My Heart from FFVII, perfect no matter where,when or how you listen to it. :D

And so on....

FFVIII is my favourite...even its insufferably annoying themes (i.e. Lunatic Pandora, Shuffle or Boogie, Slide Show, etc) are insanely catchy, and I could listen to them all day...and, in the case of Shuffle or Boogie, I frequently did. XD
However, I am also very fond of FFXII's soundtrack...and I'll always have a soft spot for Matoya's Cave, from FF1. Painful Battle from the Tactics series is probably my favourite normal battle theme, as well. I'd say Kefka has the best character theme.
...but, overall, FFVIII is the best~

VII or X-2 has to be my favorite music of them all.
X-2's music because of how fun and cool it is. But VII's music more because it's serious and classic.

My favorite FF song of them all is Cloud's theme and "To the Promised Land"(the one that plays in the beginning of AC) They're the most beautiful sounding and the most classical of them all.

I've got all the soundtracks from FFVII to FFX-2 and I have to say that FFX is by far my favourite.

I love the main ones like:

To Zanarkand
Suteki Da Ne
Otherworld
Morning Glow
Real Emotion
1000 words

and the rest of the tracks are lovely too. <3 They are just so enchanting to me. >.<

I love FFX's music, I really really do. I also like FFVII Crisis Core's OST; it's beautifully composed. But, like you said, all of the music in the FF series is amazing! :D!

My favorite is from the FFVII compilation, and I know I am gonna get crap for it, and I don't care, Mine is The Black Mages' version of One Winged Angel.
Rockin' guitar, sweet background, beautiful vocals, and great concept, it's just too awesome for words. I only have maybe three video game songs on my playlist, but this one is on there twice. Deal me crap as you see fit.

Also, congratulate me on my fiftieth post!

I more in the older games like FFIII and FFI+II. I love the soundtrack for FF III the most.

Sephiroth's One wing angel theme in all of its variants is epic win :ryan: I can always be found humming it :awesome:

Let's keep the one-liners down, okay guys? Explain why you like these songs, please.

I really like FFVIII's songs, most of them... Liberi Fatali sticks out in my head right away. I loved it the first time I heard it, and I always hum it after playing the game.. the battle theme that I don't know the name of is another one xD I know it practically by heart 8F And OF COURSE Waltz For The Moon. I adore that song so much.. it's definitely my favorite FF song, if not favorite intstrumental song xD

So, Waltz for the Moon is probably my overall favorite, followed by Liberi Fatali :jess:

Here's a list of my favs:

FFII: Rebel Army Theme, final boss song (Origins and Dissidia versions), and random battle (Origins and Dissidia versions)

FFVIII: All battle songs, plus the SeeD theme. I love it.

FFIX: Heckuva long list here. Be ready:
a. The Place I'll Return to Someday
b. All battle/boss themes
c.Steiner's Theme (I love it. Remind's me of Steiner's *clank clank clank clank* noise)
d. Garnet's and Eiko's Theme (so serene, I love 'em)
e. Sword of Doubt (forgot its new name)
f. Rest of the main char's themes
g. Kuja's theme (in all of its variants)
h. Dark Messenger/Darkness of Eternity (a remix of Kuja's theme? I don't care; it rocks)
i. Final battle song
j. Melodies of Life

FFX: "Challenge", "Seymour's Ambition", main boss song, and the "Fight With Seymour".

Back