FF Music Favorite FF Music?

I would have to say Your not Alone from FFIX this music is an masterpeice :) also i like i think it called find your way in FFVIII.. I heard this from Duodecim and fell in love with it :)

EDIT: Ahluk just reminded me of to zanakand... that will always be loved by me :)

Although I do love Your Not Alone, To Zanarkand will always remain my favorite and best track in any FF game. I knew right when I heard this song, that the game would be very emotional

I think there's a thread for this, but as I have admitted a lot of times in similar threads, there are just too many good songs in FF that I can't choose exactly which one is the best. Every FF has a unique style to the music even though most of them are composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

I love playing FF tunes in the piano (from the piano collections album). In fact, FF songs inspire me to learn the piano.

After seeing it performed live in New York over the weekend, I would be hard pressed to admit there is a greater masterpiece than the Opera House performance from FFVI.

There may be other songs that I personally like more, but this creation of music is surely one of Uematsu's 'best'.

I really like 'Someday the Dream Will End' from Final Fantasy X. It releases a lot of the emotional build-up to that point in the game. To describe it as the best music track in Final Fantasy would, however, be frivolous. In any one Final Fantasy game, I can think of an hour's worth of tracks that I think are outstanding. There's something strangely attractive about 'Compression of Time' (despite its oddness, it seems so un-Final Fantasy like but is nevertheless brilliant) from Final Fantasy VIII, and that's before we even get to 'Liberi Fatali', which is just fantastic in every respect. 'The Landing' from VIII is exceptional as well.

I really like Melodies of Life from Final Fantasy IX, or the Hymn of the Fayth from Final Fantasy X, they're both just so powerful :')

Personally, I'm voting for Crisis Core. I think it had a fantastic soundtrack, and as an example, I give you these three songs. The SOLDIER Way, Dreams and Pride, The Price of Freedom.

I always liked "The Prologue." Listening to it does make me feel like a journey is about to begin. I will always remember IV's intro with this song. Whenever I start to play a new Final Fantasy game, I think of this song at all the beginnings. I don't remember the last game that used it though. :hmmm:

Otherworld. most of the music from FFX and FVIII were just simply amazing though. not to say the other games don't have great soundtracks, but they're my favorites.

If I had to pick an overall favourite, I'd probably go with Clash on the Big Bridge from FFXII. Asides from the Distant Worlds version (because I'm a sucker for dramatic vocals) I'd say this is the definitive version of the track. I'm extremely fond of FFXII's orchestral theme, and hearing this in such a style was one of the highlights of the game's OST for me...the other was the Esper battle theme; easily the most dramatic boss theme ever. Gilgamesh's battle theme, like the villain himself, is one that you don't quickly forget after you've heard it for the first time.

These days, I am inclined to say Answers from FFXIV. It not particularly catchy, but it is epic in a One-Winged Angel kind of way, with haunting vocals and incredible lyrics about the plight of all soldiers (or that's how I read them). It saddens me that it hasn't gotten much recongnition, likely due to FFXIV falling flat on its face out of the gate.

I have to say my favorite composition out of all Final Fantasy games is Dark Messenger from Final Fantasy IX. It's played when you fight Trance Kuja right before the end of the game.

I thought I'd post again, after remembering a couple more songs.

Save Them (FFVI) - I'm not really sure when the song played, I think when the party would be escaping from enemies, or about to battle quite a few of them

Boss Theme (FFVI) - It's up there with my favorite boss themes, gets me all pumped up and ready to kick some ass!!

Now, picking a favorite musical piece from all the Final Fantasy games will be difficult indeed. Honestly, determining my favorite usually depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, I'll like one song in particular. If I'm in a bad mood, then I'll like something completely different.

In general though, I've found that The Mystic Forest from Final Fantasy VI to be my favorite of them all. There's just something about this haunting melody that I find to be absolutely sublime. The piano version of it is amazing. I even got someone who hates all video game music to appreciate this piece. That right there gives it bonus points in my book.

A book entitled "The Big Book of Video Game Music."

I like FFIX's Loss of Me the best. I love the entire soundtrack from that game, but this piece really sticks out. Beatrix is an amazing character, and this theme is absolutely beautiful. I feel so nostalgic just listening to it ^_^
It's also the same melody that plays when Steiner and Beatrix team up for Alexandria, one of my absolute favorite parts of the game.

Theirs just to many themes to name them all but FFXIII,FFXIII -2 (just looks amazing and its not even out yet),FFX-2,FFX,FFX,FFVIII (only a few)FF Crisis Core,FF DOC and especially FFT.

More specifically my favorite next gen sound tracks or upto date would be

Will to fight (FFXIII)
Sabers Edge (FFXIII)
Desperate Struggle (FFXIII)
Sunleth Waterscape English version and japanese version (FFXIII)
Cocoon De chocobo English version and japanese version (FFXIII)
Dust tot Dust (FFXIII)
Hymm of l'cie (FFXIII)
The Faultswarren area (FFXIII)
The Phon Coast (FFXII)
The Salika Woods (FFXII)
The Esther Sands (FFXII)
The major boss battle theme in FFX such as the battle with lady yunalessca
Zanrakands theme (FFX)
the theme that plays when your in the cave to get yojimbo (FFX)
Assault (FFX)
New bevelle (FFX-2)
YRP Battle No.2 (FFX-2)
YRP Battle No.3 (FFX-2)
Ruin (FFX-2)
Clash (FFX-2)
New Besaid (FFX-2)
Yunas ballad (FFX-2)
My Mind (FFVIII)
Boss theme in FFVIII
The theme that plays when seifer is in your party the area their in (FFVIII)
Boss theme (FFVII)
Yuffies Theme (FFVII)
Wutai (FFVII)
One Winged Angel (FFVII)
Trail of Blood (FFVII)
Aeriths theme (FFVII)
Goland Coal City (FFT)
St Ajora's last battle theme (FFT)
Battle under the big bridge (FFT)
Unavoidable Battle (FFT)
Berverna Free City (FFT)

Back