YouTube Dead Fantasy

albajos

Ex-Soldier
Gil
An animator actually have made a short film with some characters from the FF- and DOA-series

This is Dead Fantasy 1:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/115884.html
(will be continued (but the number 1 kind of gave that away))

I've studied some 3D-animation myself and frankly I'm impressed by this one. Can actually just put my finger on some of the camerawork.

The greatest achivement is the movement in this film. It keeps a high speed throughout and is thereby easily to be astounded by.

The characters are nicely done, (but maybe not PS3-standard?) but I don't want to give away who's starring so I'll leave it at that for the time being.

WOW...nicely done....the fights are impressive and cool yet they look like they were taken from Advent Children. While the fights are awesome the characters are awful. I mean those that I know(Rikku, Yuna, Tifa). Yuna could never do such moves and neither Rikku. Tifa I dunno but I have a feeling she can't either. And Yuna was like Yazoo in AC.....shooting like hell but never hit a single bullet and deal more damage with martial arts(which by the way she sucks at in the real game). If I wasn't a FF fan....I would say it is a nice piece of art....but....since I am.....I say it's more of a movie to make you droll on hot girls beating the crap out of each other with impossible fighting styles(even for FF).:D

I was damn impressed by this. When I saw Yuna initially, my immediate reaction was "ugh". However, she really worked in this fight.

Well made. Awaiting the conclusion eagerly.

My boyfriend has shown me this. He knew I would love it. XD The animation and the idea is awesome, DOA VS Final Fantasy. Heh Yuna kicked ass. ^_^ Heh, cannot wait until episode 2.

That was amazing, it was awesome to watch and i can't wait for part two ^_^

And somehow, Yuna being smacked around makes me full of joy :)

Wow, that was pretty damn good. I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the amount of detail they put into that one... Can't wait for part 2. ^_^

I actually really enjoyed it and I thought it was actually really organized and whoever did it I think is a genious, and I can't wait for the second part. the only thing I wouldn't have necessarily chosen Yuna and Rikku to start out but whoever made it actually made it work out.

That was awesome. I can't wait for the next episodes to come out. I wonder how many people will keep coming into the fight? It'll probably end up as a huge FF/DoA war or something.

Saix just showed me this.

This has to be the hottest bitch fight I've ever seen. I hope it turns into an all-out war XD But that's probably unrealistic, as it would be hell to animate by one's self. Seperate battles would be better.

Are there any more DoA chicks? I hope Paine, Beatrix, Freya and more baddass women from FF entire the fray.

Also, I am incredibly impressed with the animation, modelling and texturing. I really am astounded.

When will the next instalment be released? I couldn't find it on Youtube, so i'm assuming that it's not out yet...

It was released mid-october and took him from July to create it ... I'm gonna take a guess and say it won't be until April-May until part two is out

This video gives me goosebumps every time I see it. The person who made this deserves to work at SquareEnix or something. It seems like he worked really hard to choreograph their moves too.

And when Tifa came in at the end...*pees*. ^.^

Imagine if Dissidia was on a scale as epic as this. I would actually buy it.

Who else do you reckon will come in as reinforcements (or possibly even knocked out of the fight?). I reckon Paine and Yuffie may possibly make an entry, since they're easy to model + skin in comparison to other female FF Characters. I wouldn't even suggest that Pre-VII characters would enter, as there probably aren't any high-poly models of them around.

I would be incredibly happy if Beatrix or Freya made an entry ...

I reckon Yuna might get knocked out of the fight. Rikku saved her ass soooo many times :P And she only made contact with her bullets 5 times.

EDIT:
Tifa Vs Hitomi (the fist fighter DoA girl) will be the new definition of epic.

Last edited:
Dual Wield Kairi and Rinoa with a gunblade made me laugh. :wacky:

The only thing that irked me about the vid is Kairi ... meh, there's so many kickass females from Final Fantasy to choose from ... and he picks Kingdom Hearts to branch from? >_<

*whines* Beatrix or Freya would have been so much more awesome. I didn't mind Rinoa, as I liked how he implemented her Sorceress theme into the vid, and her gunblade is of Monty's own design, named: "Vanishing Star" http://montyoum.deviantart.com/art/Vanishing-Star-76440470

Still this is the epitomy of all epicness O_O

It's good and very well made but I still prefer the first one, this kinda dragged a bit after a few minutes. Rinoa and Kairi's inclusion was pretty cool though.

Back