YouTube Dead Fantasy

Meh, I didn't really like Tifa vs Hitomi, and I LOVED I and II.
The blood was too much and it was not very enjoyable to watch for me
Oh Tifa....>_>
Where were Kairi and Rinoa when she was getting raep by ninja? Aerith needs to get her ass in there and heal her! She needs a Great Gospel + Fury Brand liek right nao! Why the Hell was Cloud saving Yuna and not Tifa? Typical!
It was nice to see
the DOA crew get their own back though since FF were uber cheap in II. Hitomi is awesome.

The Yuna one was awesome
Shiva riding Ixion was the most epic thing I have ever seen, but they went down far too easy. I'd like to see those clones beat the aeons in my game lolz. Anima could have stomped them all. And Cloud? Why????!!!!? It worked so much better with only chicks D:
I was expecting Rikku vs Ayane though....I think that one will be the best.

As far as I'm concrned, things are shaping up pretty nicely.

Though I have no love for the DoA characters, as far as I'm concerned, they did attain their first major victory since the rumble began. Then again, with Cloud bailing Yuna out, so did Team FF

With how DF4 & 5 turned out, It has stopped being a "catfight" and degenerated into a No Hold Barred Street Fight.

The sight of blood is new, but with the realistic feel of it. I can wait for the extended version.

Cloud was there in IV.

oooo i didnt realize there was IV and V! I just watched them a minute ago.
Tifa sure does kick ass... her vs all those ninjas has definitely got to be the best fight scene so far, limbs flying off, blood everywhere and cool finishing moves.
Maybe later once hes completed everything he can go back and polish them up to look more realistic, would be 3 times more awesome!

Last edited:
Out of the new ones, I really liked 3 and 4, but 5 was just hard to watch ;-;
Tifa really didn't stand a chance once that DOA guy showed up with all the ninjas. Hopefully someone will swoop in and save her before its too late.

As for Yuna's battle,
I thought the edition of aeons was great. I expected them all to last longer than they did though. Cloud's appearance at the end was certainly a pleasant suprise, although it would've made more sense for Tidus to show up in my opinion.

I'm excited to see what else Monty Oum suprises us with when the final versions come out. Hopefully team Final Fantasy will make a comeback!

Okay, I don't want to jinx anything, but reading again about how Square shut down production of some fan made Chrono game recently (which as far as I knew wasn't for sale, just being made freely), how come Dead Fantasy has been left alone?

I'd imagine they've not shut it down because it's just a machinima, and because it shows FF characters kicking ass <3

Poor Tifa. I was all "Nuuuuuuuuu!" at my computer screen. I think the labelled 3 and 5 will probs be the same video tbh. I loved the Aeons, but IMO Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters could've joined the frey. I wish Bahamut had pwned more T_T. I think Vincent or Yuffie saving Tifa is a possibility. Vincent because I think I also saw a cape-looking figure building-hop next to the ninjas, and Yuffie because she's a ninja, can kick some ninja butt and steal the materia back.

Although it was nice to see the DoA character get some ground back in the fight, considering they were slaughtered in DFII.

*Looks at avatar and signature*

Oh dear, im hoping aerith jumps in and
save's tifa at the last second!

Damn, U guys REALLY need a find Ur own posts option. I've been looking for the thread I posted in haha. I'm just so damn lost :S. ah well, I've just seen I, II, III, V (preview), IV(preview) and I've been watching these over and over and over. 6 hours or so a bit to much? no? haha So he's premierign the 3 new videos at Fanime around July 1st - 5th? I hope he uploads it online ASAP after that. ALL 3 of em at once so I can stich em all together and make a dvd send em to a few friends who are elsewhere w/out internet :). I know 4 people I'd now who'd love this shit just as much as I did. and what's up w/ all these black lines? don't tell me U guys censor here? :( that'd be horrible.

I dont know why everyone is saying "Oh cloud should have
saved tifa not yuna
", im glad they are mixing it up. We have seen a tifa and cloud team fight before, have we seen a Squall and Fran team fight before? I think not.

It just makes it more interesting.

Okay, I don't want to jinx anything, but reading again about how Square shut down production of some fan made Chrono game recently (which as far as I knew wasn't for sale, just being made freely), how come Dead Fantasy has been left alone?

That's a good question considering that Monty Oum has been picked up by another gaming company and had a hand in creating Afro Samurai. Maybe too man fans have become involved? Or they're hoping that this will promote Final Fantasy more? I don't know.. but considering how big DF is I'm surprised that they haven't stepped in or anything.

As for someone saving Tifa, I think that Squall should appear and just Lionheart their asses. :] Or even better, Freya from FF9 could just jump Hayate... I doubt that she'd make the cut though, working with those models might prove too advanced considering he said that he likes working with female models because they're much easier.

BTW has anybody checked out Monty Oum's official site? It has artwork there promoting DF and I must say, I do not like the idea of Racheal from Ninja Gaiden having something within her. Of course I'm not sure if this is the case but the wallpaper suggests so, I say that he just bring Rinoa back down to earth, lose the gunblade and have Rach pwn her with her giant golden axe 83 apart from her outfit, I love everything about Rach! <3

It would also be nice to see Red XIII come into this somehow. He doesn't get the credit he deserves :ness:

Last edited:
There s a 3rd and a 4th dave, you're behind...

I think theres a 4th anyway, I saw the 3rd, but i prefer the second one...might have been the picture quality though

I really am happy that all of the characters are mixed up in Dead Fantasy series. I was so happy that
Cloud saved Yuna instead of Tifa, and personally I hope that another FFVII character doesn't save Tifa. I think it'd be better if it was another character from another game... Maybe Auron? Squall? Who knows maybe Sora or Riku from KH will come in! haha

Dead Fantasy III, IV and V are all great but I don't tend to watch V so much because it's more just the downfall of a character rather than an epic clash in a fair fight. It's very moving to watch, though, and the reaction from the crowd as it unfolds is telling.

I love Final Fantasy first, and foremost, but I am also a fan of Dead Or Alive; and an even bigger fan of Hitomi. She is my fighter of choice and I think she's great so it's difficult for me when it boils down to them to.
The way the tables have turned I think is great, though, as I believe Hitomi hasn't been shown in the best of light thus far and seeing her in part III really reminded people how formidable, and deadly, she is in combat. Wonder what's going to happen with all that Materia?
Part IV was great and made me think more about where the story is heading as he brought in, essentially, a third party that I wonder about the possibilities as neither Yuna or Kasumi where allies with the new foe.
I think the Aeons fell too easily. I think that, in all honesty, Shiva could have overcome them by herself but for the purpose of making it fun, and not one-sided, he nerfed them. Cloud's appearence was pretty cool and the way the text changed at the beginning to reflect what he was thinking.

I was thinking about Rinoa and her uber powers and how she could take on Racheal easily. I assume he's given the Fiend Hunter some ace up her sleeve, though. Still, Rinoa is ridiculously powerful now she's harnessed her sorceress abilities but I noticed on her character bio that it says something about her power and that it can be too much for her to control...

Monty's on Gametrailer's Invisible Walls Ep. 65 (featuring a preview of the next Dead Fantasy in direct quality) - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-65-invisible-walls/52657

Last edited:
Saw it~

A tad disappointed that it was short, but now I'm wondering what the heck is actually going on. I mean,
at the end, one of the DoA girls was at a computer terminal and checking out the status of "remnants" or something, and she's surrounded by nekkid females in tubes o_O

But still, what I said from the preview videos stand. 'Tis very awesome, and I hope Monty will put up the rest of the videos soon enough :mark:

The video is actually longer than the first :P But it's shorter than number two because he's releasing part four next week, then five the week after I think.
If you add the three running times together, it's greater than that of number two.

In regards to the end:
It is Helena from the DoA franchise. The scene actually ties parts three and four together.
Spoiler for part 4:
Helena activates the Kasumi clones that help Kasumi in part four to fight against Yuna.

Wow, I can't believe part I was only 3:53, whilst part III was 5:58. Part I appears longer probably due to the fact it starts 50 seconds in and never lets up all the way to the end. Part III starts over a minute in and then has the scene at the end, which further shaves off any action. The tie to part IV was nice, though. It's disappointing that the preview wasn't much of a preview at all and more a early look; but it was still great to see it in such quality (with the tweaks). I love the intricacies of the battle and also the music (specifically the final change).
In regards to the end:
It is Helena from the DoA franchise. The scene actually ties parts three and four together.
Spoiler for part 4:
Helena activates the Kasumi clones that help Kasumi in part four to fight against Yuna.
Actually, if you pay close attention,
at 3:12 you can see Kasumi engaging in combat with one of the clones. They were never on Kasumi's side and I believe there purpose was to assassinate her; having know idea they'd be facing off against 2 foe. I'm guessing Ryu will come to her aid whilst Cloud assists Yuna.

Last edited:
Back