YouTube Dead Fantasy

There has been no release date for part III, we only know it's to be released next year. I think Monty even said that there is a possibility that both part III and IV will be released around the same time; which would be immense.
That's right.
Monty Oum said:
1. Dead Fantasy III is going to take a while. Please be patient as this is a learning process for me as well. I'm using this one to take advantage of learning some more modeling skills. As well as making it a stepping stone of collaborating with other artists. Those two factors alone are making this one take longer then normal. In fact once the movie itself is out many are going to wonder why this took so damn long because it's the sort of work that won't be obvious unless you're familiar with the process. I hope in order to counter that I'll have time to make both Dead Fantasy III & IV by the same time next year and release them simultaneously.

2. I have now taken a job at Namco Bandai Games and will be moving from my current job at Midway in Chicago to Santa Clara CA. It was a great year I spent here and am forever thankful for Midway for being the first to notice me. There are things I learned in coming here that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. I'm also looking forward to it and the things I will learn at Namco and what I can contribute. I am also looking forward to the area itself as I have heard many great things about it.

3. I seem to average about 3.5 movies per year even with life changing events, so with DF 3 & 4 I also plan on revisiting my own movies starring my friends with ROAD 4. Can't wait to apply the new things I've learned to something original.
http://montyoum.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=305169

Oh, c'mon, are you serious? A LOLITA job class -__-

I'm all for fanservice, but seriously...Although, I don't hate that costume design -_-

Yay, Monty got a job :monster:

OMG!!! Why has no one ever told me about these vids! They're fuckin' awesome!!!

Don't feel bad. At least you found out back in April. I just found out last night. :P Been sleeping in a cave apparently.

Anyway, that was really awesome. I love Tifa and Rinoa's entrance, although I do agree that Kairi's entrance was a tad bit random. I was kinda laughing when Tifa was drinking that...Elixir/Hero's Drink/Potion whatever and she reminded me of Jackie Chan as the drunken master. =] Rinoa kicked ass too, although she used too much magic. Epic nonetheless though.

Great cheography - probably one of the best I've seen. I can't wait for the III and IV ones! I'll make sure I'm on the same page with everyone when they do release for the first time. xD

Anyway, I wonder who'll make the next appearance in the next movie...

I'm actually glad I found out just recently. That wait doesn't seem to be that long compared to the others. xD

Yeah, I think Monty is mixing the dress-spheres from both the competition AND the original game, but he hates most of the in-game designs :P so I don't know which ones he will use.

I'm looking forward to IV the most. I want to see Rachel kick Rinoa's ass XD

Merged Dead Fantasy 1 & 2

and just because it's so great...

~Stickied~

Now that defined awesome. Can't wait for part 3.

I don't know why but it just wouldn't work with guys.
FF owned DoA!! (at least that was who my friend said they were)

Mod Edit: Please add a few more effort to your post as this is considered spam. Thanks.

Last edited:
dEAD fANTASY WAS AMAZING WITH dOA GIRLS VS fINAL fANTASY girls because the fights were amazing but Rinoa totally kicked ass at the end but I still like Yuna the most. LOL the doa girls got there asses kicked.

... Any mod who sees this would call this spam... =S Do put in more effort..

Its mentioned above.. You really should do some backreading. Anyways.

Monty Oum said:
1. Dead Fantasy III is going to take a while. Please be patient as this is a learning process for me as well. I'm using this one to take advantage of learning some more modeling skills. As well as making it a stepping stone of collaborating with other artists. Those two factors alone are making this one take longer then normal. In fact once the movie itself is out many are going to wonder why this took so damn long because it's the sort of work that won't be obvious unless you're familiar with the process. I hope in order to counter that I'll have time to make both Dead Fantasy III & IV by the same time next year and release them simultaneously.

2. I have now taken a job at Namco Bandai Games and will be moving from my current job at Midway in Chicago to Santa Clara CA. It was a great year I spent here and am forever thankful for Midway for being the first to notice me. There are things I learned in coming here that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. I'm also looking forward to it and the things I will learn at Namco and what I can contribute. I am also looking forward to the area itself as I have heard many great things about it.

3. I seem to average about 3.5 movies per year even with life changing events, so with DF 3 & 4 I also plan on revisiting my own movies starring my friends with ROAD 4. Can't wait to apply the new things I've learned to something original.

dead fantasy really amazed me 2 i watched it in youtube both 1 and 2 and its great im actually w8ing 4 the 3rd one and the best part is its available on the PSP :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1dUjDaSyzY - kaboom

Nice to know Monty is still coming out with the new DFs even through his busy schedule with Namco [and Tekken, etc]. From his DA page:

Yes the versions that played both at Fanime and at AB were not complete. But with only 1 month between now and Anime Expo, please don't expect much more other than for me to close up a few holes in the plot that might've left some people confused. I notice that some out there are expecting me to extend each single epsiode to the length of DFII. That simply isn't phsyically possible to do within the next month. It was the feat alone to make 10 minutes worth of film withing the last 6 months itself.

The original conflict was I truly hate having to make you wait months on end for one movie after another. So making 3 smaller movies simultaneously feed the audience better than one long movie. The only issue being that for the live premiere I'd like to shoe it to the audience all at once.
More at his DA.

Last edited:
I just watched all three of them. Holy crap, V was seriously crazy! Poor Tifa. >.> I'm sure she'll be ok...right? Right?

It was also pretty cool seeing Yuna's aeons in action. Now that's hot.

I just watched em and I was like O_O wtf on the last one

seriously, Hayate and several ninjas to finish off a severely weakened Tifa, heres hoping Cloud shows up and opens a can of woop ass on the Prick

Noooo Tifa Cant it is impossible for her too. Hayate can really fuck off. Tifa was bleeding to fucking death and the poor girl alone fighting! She just Cant! fucking ninjas!

Last edited:
I think that last fight was really just unfair. She was way outnumbered. But the only reason she was incapacitated was that blind oldmaster trick that DoA girl did which was also a cheat D: I really hope someone steps in to save her. I think I even saw Vincent on the train ride scene dashing on the buildings.

Okay seriously, that was amazing, but I really doubt that Tifa
is dead or is going to die. Though it was seriously heartbreaking seeing that girl all beat up and bleeding like she was.
Monty is an effing genius. I can't WAIT to see the full live action of this and not just a three or four minute preview.

Damn that was entertaining =O this guys got some major skills to be doin all these fight scenes, its like none stop 10 min fights ( for the first 2 at least)

I loved the move tifa did in DF 2 when they where falling down the never ending building and she totally like cast ultima on that ninja chick....i was like ooo snap she screwd, but nope she somehow she lived through a compacted 10 foot nukular explosion!? :holyshit:
The thing that was suprising mostly was kairi, i was not expecting her to show up, she just didnt fit in with all this. But then i noticed the duel wielding keyblades and was like, ok...... u fit in just fine =)
The last one was to shorrrttt! and im beting the glimpse of a someone running by in the end of D3 was yuffie! it has to be! only chicks allowed in these animations it seems.

I also watched the Haloid vid he made which was also insanely cool, just didnt like the matrixs refrences.... I HATE MATRIXS!!!

....John turned into a women! or.. maybe that was kelly in the master chiefs suit!

another thing, there faces really creeped me out, they where like doll faces and made of plastic...evil looking

Last edited:
Omg, 'tis been updated at long last! :gasp:

I just watched them, and honestly I'm stunned by what I'm seeing. Although I watched the first two a long while ago, it's still just so unexpected to see the FF girls act so kick ass like that, so the actual motions and graphics of the fighting has already left me in awe O.O

The site of blood surprised me a lot. The lack of blood makes the games just what they are: fantasies. But to include them really gives it that genuine feel to it O.O

There's also the the materia. Really nice touch there; kind of left Tifa in a bad way how they all came out and easy pickings for others, but still a nice touch.

I'm probably wrong, but is the BGM of the first video from Devil May Cry 3? I couldn't hear it really well :huh:

@Stupid guy who whistled in 2nd video: Kairi is 15! :gasp:

...She not developed enough yet to whistle at >_>

And lol at the FFVIII intro parody xD

Whoa, I'm surprised at how easily the Aeons got pwned by the the ninja clones(?)

...And how Cloud showed up and stopped them with one swing of his blade >_>

Cloud x Yuna anyone? xD

I demand Squall, Zidane, and Tidus make an apperance now!!! D=<

(Although I'm sorry, Cloud didn't look all that hawt xD)

For video 3,
whose the guy who showed up? I never played DoA, so I don't know any of those character.

And as everyone said, Tifa, nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! Hang in there!!!

But she was bleeding so much, and then she got chased T.T

And stabbed. And they're stuck in her.

And had a vision when she was close to death. Poor Cloud, couldn't save her o_O

I don't get the feather reference. I can only think it's Rinoa

But maybe Squall will come save you O.O

Or Aerith. Omg, I would be so happy to see Aerith do her usual cure spell and kicks ass with her staff O.O

I hope Monty uploads the original video files soon :3

But the youtube message said they'd premiere at the Expo in L.A.; when's that? O.O

He's overdoing it a bit -_- [I kinda feel like he's trying to make the most elaborate battles ever. If they had some kind of sense to them.. I guess that's why they're 'Fantasies'.

Tifaa! :ness: Hang in there~

The last one was to shorrrttt! and im beting the glimpse of a someone running by in the end of D3 was yuffie! it has to be! only chicks allowed in these animations it seems.

Cloud was there in IV.

another thing, there faces really creeped me out, they where like doll faces and made of plastic...evil looking

I more focus on what they're actually doing, what with all the character models he would've had to do, I don't blame him for lacking detail in the faces. Better to have off appearance over off performance.

The site of blood surprised me a lot. The lack of blood makes the games just what they are: fantasies. But to include them really gives it that genuine feel to it O.O

I know that the creator
doesn't like violence, he likes choerography (sp), so I was surprised too. I guess it makes it more real.

@Stupid guy who whistled in 2nd video: Kairi is 15! :gasp:

...She not developed enough yet to whistle at >_>

Probably Addle :gasp:

Whoa, I'm surprised at how easily the Aeons got pwned by the the ninja clones(?)

I agree,
Bahamut shouldn't have gone that quick
-_-

I still think the whole thing is amazing, of course :gasp: Especially to be done by just one guy. He should make a game, seriously. -_-

Back