YouTube Dead Fantasy

Lol, you can bet on it....

I'm wondering who else would be in... Rydia from the DS remake of IV would be nice. At least summoning would occur, I'll say.

I am hoping summoning will happen on there too. That would make it an amazing video. I totally am addicted to those videos. Those give me my urge to go practice my sword fighting sparring. It is pure amazingness!!!

Ye, some whacky spells and more dodging. It'll probably make the movie more action packed than it already is =)
But last we saw we had everyone taken off in a beam of light ye, I wonder where they could have went. Could that beam of light be referrence to a game?

I am thinking it may be the one on one challenge people have been waiting for. I am hoping more people come from those battles then they have this freakishly HUGE war between the two. That would be amazingness!!!!! *daydreams about it*

Now i am hoping some guys will come out too. Dead Fantasy may have started out with only girls. But its still a fact there're guys in both games.

So why not call them in? Just to dramatize the fight further.

Thing is, if we're talking about EVERYONE, the DOA people will all be outnumbered by the FF ones. (Not forgetting Final Fantasy has got like over 10 series.)

It's awesome, Atif gave me the link to those two, I like Tifa when she goes in and fight she was awesome. =D

Just a little run down for Dead Fantasy III so no one is disappointed:

There's not going to be lots of people in this vid. It's just Rikku Vs Ayane, the purple ninja with the dual-bladed weapon. However, there will be lots of shifting CUSTOM dress-spheres in the movie to make it interesting =D

The Dead Fantsy episodes were great only prob is they didnt make a 3 cuz it sed to be continued... when is Monty Oum gonna make three and when he do someone make sure they post the link, but besides that the most awesome part was when Kairi came in and wnet into VAlor form and start whooping they arses, i say thats the best part ever.

Dead Fantasy is, plain and simply, stunning and inspiring. The choreography is amazing. I am so addicted to this like you wouldn't believe. It makes me want to go on 3D Max and practice on that Biped. Rinoa was quite simply bad-ass. The way she remained in her Angel Wing form and wielded all that power. She was literally in a league of her own. No one could touch her. It seems as though she could take them all on by herself. I love her style of fighting, it's very elegant and angelic. She seems to dance even. Kairi's entrance was cool, too. I've only just begun playing Kingdom Hearts so I won't fully understand the transforming of the blades; but it was amazing. Final Fantasy owned DOA.

Can't wait for III. I found a poster on Google Images:

I doubt it's official, though. Anyways, I can't wait to see what Monty does with the dresspheres.

I'm glad you posted that promotional poster. I think it's the real deal... I saw it on the creators profile: http://montyoum.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=177208

Plus, the poster matches this synopsis from above:
Just a little run down for Dead Fantasy III so no one is disappointed:

There's not going to be lots of people in this vid. It's just Rikku Vs Ayane, the purple ninja with the dual-bladed weapon. However, there will be lots of shifting CUSTOM dress-spheres in the movie to make it interesting =D
Had this thread not been posted in, I would not have known of these amazing videos. I have never, EVER seen machinima of this calibur. This Monty Oum must be the machinima god. The camera angles, the visual effects, the sound effects, the animations, everything... I wish he would host a tutorial on how he did some of the animations, at least. I wonder if he used Milkshape3D... How did he create the stages? Green screening? I MUST KNOW.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to Dead Fantasy III. I hope someone does a sprite battle for the early Final Fantasy games vs. games like Breath of Fire.

I really can't stop watching this; it's just so beautiful and inspiring. I think that in part II, however, Final Fantasy (now Square-Enix) team owned way too much. As much as I love the series, and want them to be victorius, I think that it would be so much more epic if DOA (or Tecmo) team actually presented more of a challenge. Even when numbers were equal and then against them, the FF girls still rocked. Granted, in part I, they got there ass kicked towards the end; but no where near as epically as Kasumi, Rachel, Ayane and Hitomi in II. In III, I'm thinking that Rikku will own with all the dressphere changes and such. Ayane best have something up her sleeve because I don't really want to see a one sided fight.

Wait, has there been a release date for when Dead Fantasy III is coming out? I wanna watch it ASAP :D

Rikku is being portrayed to be VERY acrobatic, and I'd be lying if I said I don't like that. I expect a great many aerial moves and the like from her ^^

I'd like to see how the Dresspheres are going to be incorporated into the fight. In FFX-2 there's a bit of a time contraint when changing dresses during battling, but I can see Monty making Rikku's changes instantaneous; going from thief to warrior during a back flip or something >_>

Not a bad thing though :monster:

Last edited:
I LOVED Rinoa's entrance here. I love how she's portrayed at being such a bad ass in the part II and with Squally's gunblade! *squeeee* And Kairi too. I love how she was brought into the mix. The graphics of this are all just so amazing as well. I love seeing Tifa and Yuna in this too! I enjoyed watching every second of this. I'm so excited for Dead Fantasy III!!!

♥Sayuri♥;418063 said:
I LOVED Rinoa's entrance here. I love how she's portrayed at being such a bad ass in the part II and with Squally's gunblade! *squeeee* And Kairi too. I love how she was brought into the mix. The graphics of this are all just so amazing as well. I love seeing Tifa and Yuna in this too! I enjoyed watching every second of this. I'm so excited for Dead Fantasy III!!!

It's actually Rinoa's Gunblade :P Monty Oum designed it himself, the Vanishing Star, I think. As much as I dislike Rinoa, I must admit she was baddass in DFII.

Wait, has there been a release date for when Dead Fantasy III is coming out? I wanna watch it ASAP :D

Rikku is being portrayed to be VERY acrobatic, and I'd be lying if I said I don't like that. I expect a great many aerial moves and the like from her ^^

I'd like to see how the Dresspheres are going to be incorporated into the fight. In FFX-2 there's a bit of a time contraint when changing dresses during battling, but I can see Monty making Rikku's changes instantaneous; going from thief to warrior during a back flip or something >_>

Not a bad thing though :monster:
There has been no release date for part III, we only know it's to be released next year. I think Monty even said that there is a possibility that both part III and IV will be released around the same time; which would be immense.

I can also see the dressphere changes occuring a lot more swifter than in the game to cater to the AC inpirred choreography. I'm just thinking, though, how the hell will Ayane be able to deal with that. I mean, seriously, Rikku will have multiple jobs at her fingertips. It'll be like engaging with a Black Mage, White Mage, Night and so on. There's no way Rikku can't own, right? I hope she uses the Berserker form, because I can just see the crazy feral style in action.

They're not gonna be in-game Dress-Sphere classes. Monty held a competition on Deviantart to see who could design awesome Dress-Spheres, two custom classes have been confirmed so far:

Red Mage, "Spell Sword":
http://montyoum.deviantart.com/art/Delicate-Hands-82602314

Lolita:
http://montyoum.deviantart.com/art/Loli-Rikku-2-93495097

Monty wanted to feature Dress-Spheres that weren't in the original game, and distinctly didn't want redesigns of old Dress-Spheres, so that means that Beserker won't be in, I'm afraid =[

Oh, right, I did see those before. I knew there was this competition, however, I never knew he was going for complete origioality on there part. I thought he was mixing them with the dresspheres from the game. Well, that kinda sucks, but I trust they will be great anyways. Also, he mentions that the changes will last seconds which means that, as Fusionist stated, Rikku will be quickly go through the talents on the fly as she battles.

Back