YouTube Dead Fantasy

VR sent me part 2 and I thought it was pretty dsrn epic, especially when Rinoa makes her appearance I was like woaaaah

*watches the first one*

Watched the first one :monster: The second part shits all over it tbqh, especially the latter half of it. It's still pretty cool tho.

Looking forward to part 3 :monster:

I love these. I've seen them before, they're epic. xD I wish the girls were actually like that in the game. =/

It's so unfair, though. I mean..the DOA girls...just fight. The FF girls are like: "WE HAVE MAGIC AND GOD-MODING POWERS!!" Unfair.

I look forward to seeing whatever characters they toss into the mix.

I loved number one, and while I enjoyed number 2, I thought it dragged on too long =/

i was thinking that until rinoa turned up and i waslike woooooah epic.....it is a tad long but the latter half was like WOAH

Rinoa fucking kicked ass. epically. I was like omg YAY! Rinoa with the gunblade kicking ass! ^_^

I liked that they added Rinoa, but Kairi? That seemed a little random..

This ruules.

though, I read a comment the maker wrote.
The reason for Kairi... Well, here.
Ill quote him

Character choice *Spoilers*
Ok so BTW, this movie was also still planned as a 3 on 3 start to finish, ending with the sequence that happens at about 5:40 and splitting into three different directions for the respective indivual battles to follow. But I was torn for quite some time as to whether or not I should expand the roster for many reasons. There was a great deal of response to DF 1 being "I wonder who'll show up next." And you should know that despite how it seems like I can do whatever I please for my movies. Being a good filmaker means there are rules that I need to follow as well.

1. Adding one Character to each side would make it 4 vs 4. Since 4 isn't a primary number I'd have to add 2 to each side, therefore making it a 5 vs 5. Now that would be crazy. Now there are plenty of characters to draw from on the FF side, but it's not that easy on the DOA side for rule #2...

2. This is a weapon battle. In classic RPG's a weapon is in a way part of the Character Yuna = Guns, Kasumi = Sword, Ayane = Dbl Sword (Weird purple blade she gets from defeating her father Genra from DOA3), Rikku = Blades. Now that's just about it for weapons on the DOA side, which brought about adding Hitomi = Fists, which was then Balanced with Tifa = Also Fists.

The problem now is even though there are plenty of girls on the FF side who have weapons, there are no girls left on the DOA side in which I can justify a weapon. Sure perhaps Lei Fang could wield a staff, or Christie could use a knife/wire ('cause she's an assassin) but none of it is really justified to their character via example. It's that level of thought that I try to put into my work. Even though the Ayane thing was a stretch, it was still recognizable to her character. So the next furthest thing would be to perhaps include one of the guys (read rule #3) or extend to universe to encompass other games in the DOA universe, like Ninja Gaiden... wait a sec... :?

3. No guys... they're harder to model/find parts for. Don't ask me why. Plus women are more fun (for now)

Therefore...

Mixing it up
I HATE PREDICTABILITY. Adding the expected characters only means that it'll give me the option of doing the same. So adding Rinoa/Kairi/Rachel was also able to give this movie flavor in both theme and function rather than repeating characters who'll interact in already established method with different skins. So Rinoa with wings or Kairi with enchanted weaponry, Rachel as the "Tank" character meant giving me options to keep it interesting.

yeah, Kairi doesn't belong here but the maker has a valid reason I guess. Part one was good, part 2 was OMG!!. So, when is part 3 coming?

Actually how many parts are planned?

Well I love both parts. It's good to see some kickass combos from time to time.

Actually how many parts are planned?

I belive that there are at least 4 more episodes planned. As you have seen in the end of part two the girls pair up to take the fight one on one(except for Kairi). And montyoum says that there will be one episode for each pair. Sooo.....this Dead Fantasy has quite the future ahead.:cookie2:

By the way...Rinoa with a gunblade? LOL...:wacky:

Like Mark, I found it to be quite extortionate in length, though to be perfectly fair it was action packed until the end. Credit to the guy, I doubt there's many people who could accomplish this and orchestrate apparently flawless choreography.

Thoroughly enjoyable viewing, and I'm quite intrigued as to how the third instalment is going to turn out.

Couldn't have put it better myself, Virgil.

Rinoa clearly owned that fight, what with her two weapons, unlimited magic an' shit.

I love how the magic spells from FF were depicted and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of these productions.

Was that the Northern Cave I saw, at the end of the second part? :neomon:

Looking back at it, I really enjoyed Rachel [the "tank"] in the latter stage of the fight; especially when she swung down onto that slab of rock drifting on the lava - her entrance was quite something to note too. Pity her name's quite bland for the type of character she is though... D=

As for the last scene... I wouldn't think it were the North Cave; it had those strings of light which North Cave clearly had nothing of the sort. I was tempted to say Zanarkand or something, but it's really hard to determine which game setting this comes from... assuming it's relevant [I can't see it NOT being relevant considering the way the ending was laid out].

Speaking of ending, I loved the alteration to the music once Rinoa summoned those teleportation tower-things. And when she created the hurricane... loved Rachel's initiative at that point too.

OMG!!! Why has no one ever told me about these vids! They're fuckin' awesome!!!

I even managed to put aside my hatred for FFX-2 Yuna to keep watching it!

I loved her and Rikku's supporting and offensive moves ^^

No Paine in the first vid, but Tifa showed up ^^

The true ass kicker FF chick ^^

I don't like Rinoa, but damn! She definitely whooped ass, even I can admit that! They definitely portrayed her as a powerful sorceress :O

But I laughed when Kairi came out of no where; but she wields Sora and Riku's keyblades pretty well ^^

I want more!

I wonder if there's gonna be a version with the FF Boys looking pretty and kicking ass...

Oh, wait! That's gonna be in FF Dissidia :monster:

Well I love both parts. It's good to see some kickass combos from time to time.

I belive that there are at least 4 more episodes planned. As you have seen in the end of part two the girls pair up to take the fight one on one(except for Kairi). And montyoum says that there will be one episode for each pair. Sooo.....this Dead Fantasy has quite the future ahead.:cookie2:

By the way...Rinoa with a gunblade? LOL...:wacky:

I mean the first part was cool, but the second part it became really great. With lots of fighters, the use of magic and elixers :)

4 at least? Not bad, I wonder how he is gonna keep the fight interesting one on one. Usually how long does it take until he finishes one?

As for the gunblade...I thought it was a cute and smart idea :D

They are epic.

Think anyone from Square would watch those and take a hint on what gameplay should be like?

I wish.

But mega kudos to the maker they are amazing bits of work.

Gah, no one saw my thread then? :P

Anywho, am I the only one who didn't care about the length of the second video? For me, the more I have to drool over, the better :P

As much as I loved seeing the FF girls kick the crap out of the DoA girls (Tifa FTW!) I would have preferred a fairer fight. Bringing in Kairi straight after Rinoa wasn't exactly fair ... I liked Rachel's zip-string thingy, and she utter pwns towers :neomon:

Tifa kicked so much arse in that video. Just watching these vids makes me want to go and play FFVII and FFVIII. Once I finish my exams, I just might.

I can't wait until he makes the 3rd one. I have known about these forever. The only bad thing is waiting for the next installment. :|

Ye, its amazing how the creator could make such wonderful action videos like this one just using scenes from movies and games alike....
Can't wait for the third one now~! I wonder who else will be involved? They're missing out the guys.

Back