FFXIII Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion Thread

Haha! I guess so. They also seemed to have a bit of the same problem settling on a main villain too!

I think they went a little too realistic in their approach to this story. There are rarely "main characters" in real life events or battles, anyone can die at any time and people don't often get or take the chance to be the brave, dashing hero. Maybe that's what's missing from Final Fantasy XIII, that sense of wonder and well, fantasy. They made their characters just a little too human, which perhaps robbed us of the chance to look up to them and be inspired, like we were with previous Final Fantasy characters (e.g. Aerith, Yuna, Cloud, Cecil, etc.)

the villain was an obvious problem. in fact, it looked like they didn't know what to do with the villain. They were trying to push it off with the army, but then it just went down hill the moment barthandelus tried to take the spot light. a very bleak, and uninteresting character. Orphan as well wasn't interesting either.

Admittedly, Barthandelus is probably one of the most underwhelming villains I've seen in a while. The form he took when the party got to fight him on the Palamecia was a bit creepy assed (those inverted heads- spooky) but other than that he was less than amazing. Didn't like the fact that he did that classic bad baddie thing of revealing his schemes in a bought of prolonged gloating. Mostly he just floated there talking at them. :amg:

There have been many issues .... i personally don't see how the team could take him seriously from how he was saying it. But its more than that....his design, his speech, it was so detached. Nothing really enticed me. I think they really did aim for realistic, or maybe they thought realistic came with modest villains too..but so far, no one in the series (including lightning) really took the spot light, including the villains.in fact the villains practically killed themselves.

Back