FFXIII Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion Thread

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Under no circumstances are spoilers allowed to be posted within this thread, if any are seen your post will be deleted without warning. Should you wish to post anything that is spoiler related then please do so in this thread HERE

What did you like/not like about this game? Is there something in particular you loved or hated? Something that made you want to throw your controller out the window? All general banter about Final Fantasy XIII that is not spoiler related goes here.

Enjoy.

I guess I'll just start out this discussion by saying that I saw an image of Gadot (sp?) and he looks like a mix of Wakka and Barret physically. I just thought I was seeing Wakka's face and all with a Barret type body. Reallllly close resemblance.

Gadot is one of the Team Nora people, isn't he? Along with... Lebreau, (Love her, really. She just looks awesome and happy.. I want to play as her XD {this is all just looking at her character design.. I'm so shallow :jess:}) Maqui, Yuge, and Snow. (I THINK he's the leader?) I just checked FF Wiki and it says that Team Nora has 18 or so members total, but I think these are the only named ones... I wanna say Lebreau and Gadot were in the demo but you couldn't use them.. not sure.

Gadot does kinda look like a Wakka/Barret hybrid, now that I google him :gonk: I hope he doesn't have the same personality as either one, or... please not an annoying accent >.<

His accent didn't seem annoying in the FFXIII Live Stream I watched, but then again I can't differentiate one Japanese accent from the other. They all sound the same to me. :wacky:

I'm glad Yuge's design got changed from the demo mind from being a generic NPC looking character to a somewhat male-come-female. Either way, the new design is far better. Actually, strike that. He looks more female-come-female. :wacky:
2z8ustl.jpg

... that's a male?! I thought he was a girl >.> Despite what I think is a more masculine sounding name.. he looks female :gonk:

I meant an annoying accent in the English version, actually. I couldn't care less about what they sound like in the Japanese one, really.

I didn't even know he was in the demo, I only noticed Lebreau, Gadot, and Maqui in it... Shows how much attention I've paid to this game xD I'm quite excited for it though.. even if I don't get to have it.

What do we know about Cid Raines...? Unless that would be better placed in the spoilers discussion :wacky:

I second what Jess said. THAT'S A MALE? :wtf:

So our Rubi-lookalike is a design overhaul of Yuge (who I can't even seem to recall what he looked like :hmmm:)

Then again this is Square Enix. I shouldn't be surprised that they have the power to make anything male look terribly androgynous or feminine without thinking it would be weird.

As for Cid Raines- I seem to have uncovered interesting spoilers about him. I guess I'll take it to the spoiler thread later if anyone is interested :ryan:

White Mage of FFXIII: Hope or Vanille?

He to me espacailly with the boomarange he feels like a white mage to me he a small kid and even how he looks he feel like a white mage.
even his summon. In ff9 it had big wings and was more of a protecter then a fighter. At lest that the feeling i got from it and know i get the same feeling from it as well.
Vanille who i hear is the white mage to me is kinder stupid i mean she have a freaking cary weapon painful as hell i rethar be shot or stab thank you. she more of a feeling as a black mage how she looks or some type of whipe flex fighter that jut my opinion.

sorry bad at grammar

So, just a few more days. Already know I'll pump a few good hours into it after work on Tuesday when it comes out, but I don't want to rush though the story or the game like I did with FFXII and some of the Old School FF's. I'm gonna take some time leveling up my characters, doing mini-games and whatevers available during the game, instead of saving all the extra stuff for the end.

Tuesday is such a great day to release the game...(!) It's just too bad that Tuesday is the busiest and longest day of the week for me. I simply have no time to go out and buy it on that day, nor am I bothered to use any internet shopping sites. It looks like I'll have to get it the day after when I do have a bit of spare time.

I'm looking forward to it actually - perhaps not as much as when FFXII came out though. I know it will be a rather challenging experience when it comes to some optional battles, so I'm preparing myself for inevitable frustration. This season is certainly a great time to be a gamer. :ryan:

Let me tell you now that I'm impressed with the game so far.

The opening sequence alone has made me love Lightning already. I've seen quite a bit so far and the graphics are amazing. As for Sazh, well, you gotta love the happy go lucky guy.

I'll discuss more when I get my own copy in two days' time. :hmmm:

1 hour and 41 minutes until the official release in EST, although I probably won't get a chance to play it until late tomorrow.

I am really hyped, even though I really tried not to be.

I have to say Im impressed so far. I was good and didnt watch any intro footage, so it was all new and shiny for me. And Im only an hour in, but I do love it. Its ranking high up so far, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy above 12 anyway XD

Vanille reminds me of Rikku in everyway.. only er.... shes a bit more stupid

At least I think thats the word I wanted

I'm actually becoming quite fond of Vanille - her accent isn't horrendously exaggerated *glares at Fang* and, asides from her Yuna-run, there isn't anything unspeakably bad about her. Sure, she's nowhere near as cute as Selphie, but she's had a couple of moments that have made me just put the controller down and shake my head in dismay. She's the standard hyper girl of the game alright. XD

Hope makes me want to kill something. He's such a whiny little brat! He's a normal kid who can't decide whether his balls have dropped or not, and he just DOES NOT FIT IN. There is no place for a normal kid to get caught up in things. He's the Vaan of the game, with Vanille taking the part of a supportive Penelo every now and then.

I'm not really feeling anything, though...the story isn't really interesting, the characters have barely any emotion to them at times (although this I blame on the crap voice cast) and it is really, REALLY hard to feel anything for their plights (I wish Lightning would Falcon Punch Hope already. He needs it.) and...meh. It feels a bit like a game version of Advent Children at the moment.

I do not see where the complaints about linearity are coming from, though. People are complaining about things that have been present in RPGs for YEARS, and I don't see the reason for it.

Overall...eh, I'm enjoying it, but I'm reserving my final, overall judgement for when I get to explore properly. That'll make it or break it for me, I expect. Even if I don't like it, I'll play it again, but...well, at the moment its got a score of about 7/10 from me.

I wasn't sure how well I'd like Lightning, but so far from the beginning she;s pretty kick ass. I love how she's sorta got the mystery of saying she "used to be" a soldier, so something must have happened.

Not too keen on only controlling one character in battle. Hopefully that's only an early on thing and I can control more than one character once I get more people in my party.

The game so far is really good. I just got introduced to the Paradigms and Crystallis, so I'd imagine the game is about the become flat out incredible.

The story so far is actually interesting as well. Sazh is awesome, because he's very multi-dimensional, which is unexpected.

Is it me or after 3 hours of game play does anyone else want to kill hope?
I mean come on... Really?

I played about 4 hours today and currently my roommate has just started the game. Honestly I don't know what to think about the storyline at this point. Mainly because most of what is seen in the trailer has happened within the first 2 hours or so in the game so I'm very excited to see what happens next.

Back