FFXIII Final Fantasy XIII General Discussion Thread

I made it Chapter 11 days ago-- but I don't want to move on! lol. I've grinding, doind missions, and generally just exploring. I know after the Final Boss you can go back, but I don;t want to leave just yet lol.

I made it Chapter 11 days ago-- but I don't want to move on! lol. I've grinding, doind missions, and generally just exploring. I know after the Final Boss you can go back, but I don;t want to leave just yet lol.

I would be the same way, but I want to get to the ending as quickly as possible so I can't possibly spoil it for myself. :gonk:

Not sure if I will do a whole lot of the stuff you can do in Chapter 11 before proceeding through Chapter 12 and 13, probably going to explore Gran Pulse at least a decent bit, just see how many missions I go on and how much I grind to level up character roles, gain CP & Gil, enough to be able to survive at least, how ever much that is.

Really hoping to get this game two weeks from tomorrow, can't stand waiting while the game is out on store shelves. >.<

I'm toward the end of Chapter 7 right now escaping with Hope and Snow through the Ice tunnels. It's pretty good and I don't want to put the game down anytime soon. I wish you got more components for leveling up weapons and accessories because they seem to come sparingly and at a very low upgrade price.

I'm still on Chapter 11...just finished Taejin's Tower. I spent about two hours farming CP today...I managed to kill the boss at the top in about five minutes with the boost I got from it as a result. Hopefully I'll be able to repeat the process with the next boss I'll have to face...I panic whenever I'm under a Doom count, I'd really rather avoid that.

I wish the game just had more character interaction towards each other,thats all.I have to admit that some of the villains die too fast and even some were recognized as one of the main antagonists from the past trailers but no,play the game and you see that they die too fast and dont even get to fight them.

I'm moving through chapter 9 in a really slow rate because of all the combat I find myself running into. Those annoying flying drones that constantly use Tornado Kick - grrr. I really hate them to the extent that I had to use up Odin twice in the two times I fought those drones. I'm looking forward to whatever is waiting for me at the Palamecia's bridge though.

I just want to get this chapter and the next chapter over with quickly so I can get down to Gran Pulse and actually do some serious grinding, CP farming and exploration. It's OK following a linear path to progress the story, but I just want an open area to run through now.

I think I've pretty much maxed out my character's potential in Chapter 11. I'm breezing through the underground tunnels and Taejin's tower because I have everyone at level 4 for their core roles.

I just can't seem to beat the damn Ochu and the Gigantuar however.

I wish the game just had more character interaction towards each other,thats all.I have to admit that some of the villains die too fast and even some were recognized as one of the main antagonists from the past trailers but no,play the game and you see that they die too fast and dont even get to fight them.

i know right felt like dragon age all over again like this villain or this bit of story should have been built up more then it never happens seems to me like that lady villain dude was meant to do more before she died i personly think it was all the things they cut out to fit the game on the 360 (i'm so happy there ain't alot of xbox fanboys here) as for dragon age they ran out of creation time yea they set a tiem limit to make the game unlike FF13 that took a million years

I wish the game just had more character interaction towards each other,thats all.

+rep

The relationships and bonds (for example, Light and Hope) were developed at certain pojts and then left. During normal conversation I want to see the characters talk to each other more.

Certain characters have no interactions with each other, and you get the feeling they are two people on the same trip.

Snow doesn't/rarely interacts with Sazh and Vanille, for example. Even after the game ends, its still easy to believe they don't know each other. In games with epic journeys/characters, people are getting to know each other and bond insanely over this amazing/awful thing thats happening to them.

In XIII, we have a handful of decent bonds between certain characters and ntohing anywhere else. o_O

I'm in Chapter 9 right now and I gotta say those Doom Counts on the Eidolon battles are pretty stressful. I had no problem with Shiva, but the next 2 summons were hardcore battles I must say.

Odin I faced about 9 times and had all the right moves, but ran out of time in a few instances when I was soooo close to capturing him. Overall I'm loving the game so far and the difficulty of it, but it's definitely kicking my ass in a few battles!

+rep

The relationships and bonds (for example, Light and Hope) were developed at certain pojts and then left. During normal conversation I want to see the characters talk to each other more.

Certain characters have no interactions with each other, and you get the feeling they are two people on the same trip.

Snow doesn't/rarely interacts with Sazh and Vanille, for example. Even after the game ends, its still easy to believe they don't know each other. In games with epic journeys/characters, people are getting to know each other and bond insanely over this amazing/awful thing thats happening to them.

In XIII, we have a handful of decent bonds between certain characters and ntohing anywhere else. o_O

i owe you a rep also

Its cuz like in most rpg games in a certain point a character thinks back in his/her past for usually having to do with the main storyline, if i recall, XII had a lot of development for the characters,even VII.For XIII,what makes lightning a mysterious character is her past, even so for vanille and fang,the only character that had the most development imo is snow,cuz theres those parts with him in the flashbacks with serah. Sazh and hope had a brief history of themselves(hopes dad appearing only once is a refrerrence to a lack of hopes background).Omg but for the villains, the priest is the main antagonist and theres no background explanation of how he decided to do all these bad things, that also includes cid raines and of course,nabaat,Yaag was pretty undeveloped too. Cid and nabaat were the poorest parts,cid looked like the game would have gone more in depth about him as he was the 2nd antagonist of the game,and wtf
he gets revived and then shot
even snow was curious about cid. Nabaat just made a fool of the trailers.Thats why there will be sequels and prequels.:)

Well right now i'm in Chapter XI just been doing missions and attempting to max out my characters in their paradigms. It seems to much work though to try and max out all of them for every character so I just left my characters at what they started off as. Consider it takes a snhit load of CP just to get something its a pain and grinding can get annoying :gonk:

i owe you a rep also

Its cuz like in most rpg games in a certain point a character thinks back in his/her past for usually having to do with the main storyline, if i recall, XII had a lot of development for the characters,even VII.For XIII,what makes lightning a mysterious character is her past, even so for vanille and fang,the only character that had the most development imo is snow,cuz theres those parts with him in the flashbacks with serah. Sazh and hope had a brief history of themselves(hopes dad appearing only once is a refrerrence to a lack of hopes background).Omg but for the villains, the priest is the main antagonist and theres no background explanation of how he decided to do all these bad things, that also includes cid raines and of course,nabaat,Yaag was pretty undeveloped too. Cid and nabaat were the poorest parts,cid looked like the game would have gone more in depth about him as he was the 2nd antagonist of the game,and wtf
he gets revived and then shot
even snow was curious about cid. Nabaat just made a fool of the trailers.Thats why there will be sequels and prequels.:)

I thought the main characters were pretty well developed actually. There weren't many flashbacks about their pasts but throughout the game, you get bits and pieces here and there and get a pretty good picture.
The antagonists were a bit underdeveloped I do agree, especially Nabaat. Like in chapter 9
when you get to the bridge, and Nabaat and Dysley's there, she's like retreat you eminience and I'll cover you, I was like YESSSSS I get to fight Nabaat, but then the asshole offs her and I was like WTFREAK

Also, one thing I don't get, what's the spatial relationship between Cocoon and Pulse? In the game, they just call Pulse the underworld. When you're on Pulse, you see Cocoon floating above as if it's a moon orbiting a planet. Then at the end of chapter 11, when you go back to Cocoon in that ship, you see Cocoon really isn't in space but kinda in the atmosphere of pulse just floating around, yet you still need to go through a portal to get to it? And where's Pulse's sun, is Pulse even a planet?

With what Chatua's is saying, I have to agree that most of the flashbacks of the characters' pasts are from the 13 Days events. I mean sure it shows a bit about Vanille and Fang hundreds of years ago, but nothing about Lightning or Snow's childhoods, or developing moments, years before the start of the game.

Well after much thought, i thought it was time to pick back up on the game which i mentally abused at its crapiness, but now ive got up chapter 10 im a lot happier about the fact that you can change your
leaders and learn all roles,
so i will kinda take back what i said about it being the worst game ever, although it still needs improvement!

Well after much thought, i thought it was time to pick back up on the game which i mentally abused at its crapiness, but now ive got up chapter 10 im a lot happier about the fact that you can change your
leaders and learn all roles,
so i will kinda take back what i said about it being the worst game ever, although it still needs improvement!

If you think that's cool, it gets a lot better in Chapter 11. I won't ruin it for you, but I'd say at least get through that before calling it the worst game ever. XD

Still in Chapter 11, but I'm working on a few of those Cieth missions and all that jazz. Think I'm on like #4, but it has me traveling to East Jesus Nowhere to find the damn monsters so it's starting to be a real pain in the ass.

Should I just skip the Cieth missions until after I beat the game?

Still in Chapter 11, but I'm working on a few of those Cieth missions and all that jazz. Think I'm on like #4, but it has me traveling to East Jesus Nowhere to find the damn monsters so it's starting to be a real pain in the ass.

Should I just skip the Cieth missions until after I beat the game?

Lol yeah some of them are impossible if you continue on so beat the game first dude. Lol my last acheivement is 5 star all missions. Thats gonna be a pain in the ass but probably not worse then treasure hunter xD

I don't mind the difficulty myself, i've played some ridiculously hard games in the past and this is nothing on some of them.
However I do agree that post Chapter Nine the difficulty does seem to skyrocket fast, since that's when you get (a bit) more space to look around with, and the addition of the extra roles that you unlock as well. (Which have some hilarious CP needs for that point in the game)
I wouldn't call it exceptionally hard, challenging yes, but exceptionally hard would be pushing it for me. :hmmm:
Just requires time and patience, oh, and some strategy of course. :wacky:

Back