Favorite Summon?

Ifrit, because even though he's weaker I like his design and his pure bad-assness.

10-ifrit-a.jpg

Bahamut (Final Fantasy Tactics).

rby4ar.png

None of the FF games captured the intensity and raw power of a summon as well as FF Tactics.

Phoenix (Final Fantasy 6).

2a7abv4.jpg

Expositionary story arc and backstory amongst the most epic in all of FF.

Anima (Final Fantasy X).

Ugly looking beastie. The concept of a summon so powerful and difficult to control it was constantly bound in chains made for amazing imagery.

Odin (XIII) because of its beauty.
Magus Sisters (X) because of their usefulness, though annoying sometimes. :D

My Favorite Summon has always been Bahamut I really love the one from FFT the most simply because tha tone seems to b ethe most powerful bahamut damage wise compared to the stats in other games its been in.

Its mainly because it looks cool and its a dragon who doesnt love dragons <3

My all time favorite summon is KOTR, Eden, Ark and Anima because of pure damage calculations over 9999 in one turn. You can discreetly almost kill Sephiroth in one turn with KOTR. Also, besides the fact that their attacks awesome to look at. Eden, because you can easily boost the power up to 250 which is the max boosting power and still do 20,000+ damage with an awesome looking attack at the end. I also choose Ark cause it can also do 9,999 and easily kill Kuja and Necron. And Anima makes Jecht look like a stuffed teddy bear being ripped and torn asunder with only a blink of an eye. And if that's not awesome, I don't know what is! Making comedic jokes aside. Therefore my summons,GF, espers rank supreme out of everything else. And if you disagree with me, you are wrong. :P

Bahamut for the win. Interesting enough Bahamut was the name of a giant fish who supposedly held the world on it's back or so Eastern mythology says. But he's definitely a dragon in FF.

Bahamut. All forms but my favourite 2 forms are Bahamut Zero and Bahamut Fury.

I like the fury version because of his entry movie in crisis and knwing he can go into space and blowing up the moon then directing the blast to earth on your enemy.
He is also a gold summon which gives him a good vote from me.

I like Bahamut Zero because I think he is the ultimate version of any bahamut in ff.
I like his attack and I like his design. So uber cool man.

Bahamut, Valefor and Hecatoncheir.
The summons in FFXIII are like Transformers, minus the cool sound effects. ^_^

The Balrog from Lord of the Rings is my ideal Ifrit. :D

I have always loved Leviathan, It always brings me great joy watching Tsunami washout foes.

Bahamut, simple as.

MOD EDIT: This would be considered a spammy post in a post count section of the forum. Maybe you can tell us why Bahamut? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite summon is also one of my Favorite FF characters of all time. Gilgamesh from FF8. He completely confused me at first, until I played Final Fantasy 5. I love how every time he appears in Final Fantasy, he is the same character.

ANIMA FFX, I don't know why but I have sympathi for Anima...I can relate to it...hmmm shoulden't have read Jung :santa:

Behemoth is a close second, due to the awesome and colourfull creature it is and I do love its Mega Flare.

I always liked Ixion. He wasn't really an amazing summon that kick major arse like Bahamut or Anima, but I just really liked that he was an epic thunder horse! Yeah!

Shiva all the way!!

Echo

Hi Echo, just a heads up here about your post: try and expand it a little if you can, because short posts like this are generally considered spammy in post count sections such as this. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of power, Eden from VIII. His summon anination is so long that its rather easy to max out the boost gauge. However overall, I would have to say Bahamut. He tends to be one of the most powerful summons, and he is always shown as a powerful creature. Not to mention he's usually a dragon.

My Fave Summon <3

My Fave summon was "Anima" It was an ep!c win after you went through all the trouble to get all the destruction sphere treasures <3 I dont know what you mean by "esper"?

-Sean :ken:

Back