Favorite Summon?

Bahamut is just pure awesome! Although his style in FFX is different, its still so awe-inspiringly mighty, Hugga_Bear's description of him was just spot on :)

Also, I agree with what Jquestionmark said about Odin. He seems pretty damn amazing, but his inconsistancy ruins the excitement. Although if they did bring both Odin AND Gilgamesh to a future FF game, and slightly redesigned their roles and tweaked their 'moves' they will be my favs, straight up! :D

Shiva is definitely one of my favorite summonings.
She has such beautiful attacks and just happens to be my favorite element also. Ice.
My second favorite would be the Choco/Mog summon.

It would have to be Odin he was always my favorite summon I think it was because of his design and his horse Sleipnir which did it for me and any time I was in trouble in battle he was able to finish the fight straight away

My second favorite would have to be Bahamut because he looks so cool and his Mega Flare attack is really strong

Mine is Shiva out of all the summons she changes very little unlike the other summons shes kept her original form from the beginning,her attacks are always breath taking thats mostly why I love her as a Summon

I think that I am gonna have to go with Bahamut as he is just a badass summon full stop, let alone FF7 having several different versions of him :awesome:

My second closest favourite summon is Shiva for she always takes my breath away with her attacks.

.FTR.

I've always favoured Atomos. Added my reasons as to why in spoiler tags in case anyone hasn't played it yet.
The scene where he is summoned in FFIX was brilliantly done, and was a very unusual but satisfying way to destroy a fair deal of Lindblum.

My two favorite are Shiva and Odin. I just love Shiva's element; ice and Odin's attack is unique with the horse and all. He just looks cool for me haha.

If there's an Earth-element summon (I've only played VII, VIII, IX, X & XII), then that'll be my favourite, are we ever likely to see either Titan or Brothers again (perhaps Versus XIII)?

Hmm... Odin and Doomtrain for effects. Instant death and almost all debuffs? Sign me up.

For looks I'd say Anima or Bahamut because Anima is what I see in my nightmares and Bahamut is a dragon. Who doesn't love a dragon?

Madeen from FF9 is my personal favorite. Beautifully rendered, and Mog looks like a kick-ass don't mess with me beast. And to think he used to be a scardy-mog that needed Jenny Craig beforehand =P

So much to choose from, but I guess I'll go for Ifrit. Sure Bahamut was more badass, but this was the first I've seen in any FF

My favourite summon/espers are:

Leviathan (FFIV)- He was an optional to get but I'm one of those people who like collecting everything in a game before finishing, so I had to get him. When I first obtained Leviathan I didn't use him all that much, but as my leveling up sessions progressed I decided to summon him more and more. His animation was pretty awesome to watch and he could pack a punch.

Shiva- I liked Shiva, she was such an impressive looking girl might I add (;
I've always liked ice related attacks so I thought she was fun to use since that was more or less her element.

Also, Ifrit is amazing. Just saying.

I don't know. Thats tought to answer. But My three favorite Sommons are:

Ifrit, Odin, and Bahamut.

Whyt, Bahamut and Odin

Mod Edit: Try and at least provide some reasons in order to expand this post a bit more, otherwise this is considered a spam post in a post count section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anima has the most interesting backstory,but FFX Bahamut has the most interesting design.For power,my favorite is FFX Bahamut as well,since Megaflare looks pretty cool and packs a wallop,too.

1, anima for looking cool and having a ''non-magical non-physical'' attack pain and having most powerfull overdrive
2, pheonix for a free revive and heal as a nice surprise
3, odin for his zantetsuken

I'm gong with Odin on this one. I'm a huge fan of the Thor comic book and Norse Mythology that whenever I see anything related to them, I automatically hold them in high regards. After FFIX, I didn't really like the absence of Odin in the FF games. When he returned in XIII, I was excited only to be disappointed in XIII's poor display of using Odin. But at least he was in it.

Odin should never be left out of a Final Fantasy game.

Back