Favorite Summon?

I already spoke before but I think I have to also give props too leviathan. There is just something awesome about the huge Snakelike beast blowing tidal wavels into my enemys. I think its another one of my favorite epic summons. I also love hades from 7...I wsh I could see that one more often

Favourite summon of all, eh? Well, that'd have to go to the Tonberry. Utilizing his force of karmic rebalancing against my foes is always a good way of levelling out the playing field, I feel. (I have a weird theory on Tonberries and where they came from - a doomed race shackled by fate to atone for their sins against nature by bringing harm to those who would harm others... but I digress.)
Besides, they're almost the cutest damned things in FF beside Cactaurs and they're at least 7 times as deadly. Tonberry FTW!

I only have 1.

It's Bahamut Fury the greatest summon of all.

His attack Exaflare really hurts and is completly usefull all the time.

Bahamut Fury? Which game was he from?

And I'm going with Atomos (FFIX), I like the idea that a giant monster can be summoned and use his MAHOOSIVE mouth keep the enemy quiet...GOOD.

By far and wide, Eiko's Madeen summon. This looks like an absolute riptide of power! And Mog looks so much better as a massive, hulking lion-like beast! As a moogle, he was meek, timid and scared, but as a summon Eidolon, he can put Bahamut in his place!

I've always liked Shiva's character design as well as the name of her move "Diamond Dust" :D
In FFIV, I liked summoning the Chocobo, the sounds were super funny :D
FFIX, Carbuncle was really helpful (equip the correct abilities and you're unstoppable xD)

I always like summoning Odin because it's so reminiscent of Norse mythology which I love :wacky: But I also really enjoyed the Bahamuts in FFIV, VII, and IX. I also really like Diablos from VIII, because he was such a challenge for me to defeat, and it was honestly one of the most entertaining and realistically-draining FF battles I've ever been through :D

Overall I think I enjoyed the summons in FFVI the most though, because their appearance was appealing, and you got a very personal attachment to them through various story events that happened throughout the game.

I Love the Shiva the best because of her awsome finger snap :D it just sounds so cool so i always want to use her

I Love the Shiva the best because of her awsome finger snap :D it just sounds so cool so i always want to use her
QFT.

I don't know why but it sounds incredible haha.

I love FFX's summons the most and from them it's between Anima, Yojimbo, Shiva and Bahamut. I like the idea behind Shiva, incredibly fast and hard hitting but it doesn't necessarily work. Anima is awe inspiringly powerful but the feeling of sorrow whenever I summon her makes me hurt. Yojimbo, I empathise with pure warrior types but for some reason I can't like him as much as I should but Bahamut..

He takes it, his design from X was a bit poor but his attitude was amazing, the way he stood there, arms folded, head held high, even when he's been critically injured he still tries to stand tall. Such a powerful creature, gotta love the King of Dragons and God of aeons.

My favorite is without a doubt, Shiva. I love her snap as well. She's just the best and most beautiful ice queen. <3
I don't know why, but she reminds me of Fran's Mist Charges.
My second is Anima.

I would say Odin, but his consistent inability to 1-hit KO things (I'd prefer just straight up damage instead of uselessness) left him eternally in the background for me.

The Ifrit and Shiva summons, which show up in almost every game, have a lot of draw for me. Every FF I've played, I've looked forward to seeing the new evolutions of the concepts. I've always liked the Fire/Ice duality, and watching the growth of Ifrit and Shiva through the series has been very exciting for me.

definitely Atomos,
although I really dont know exactly why.

its just something about the infantile gravity sucking dark electric void that I find so appealing.

Odin He is just epic with his horse (Sleipnir) and also for the same reason as Viking has (I'm Scandinavian too :D ).

I really love Ifrit, because fire is one of my favourite elements and ifrit srsly looks so badass :D

I really liked Adrammalech and Shemhazai from 12. Most probably because all the other summons in the series have been done to death. Yeah there's favourites like Bahamut, Shiva and Ifrit but isn't anyone else bored of the regurgitation yet?

Bahamut is definitely one of my favorites and another one I like is Knights of the Round Table in FFVII. They're both strong and helped me through a lot.

Back