Favorite Summon?

Which Was Your Favourite Summon?

For you out of any FF game, which summon did you think to be the best or did you like the most? please give a reason why and if you chose 'Other' on the poll please say which one you picked, thanks.

I would pick Odin he was so cool, had a six legged horse and killed enemys in one hit.... just awesome.

Mod Edit: Fixed your youtube tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odin is generally my favourite one too. He's got style and I always loved the cool mysterious knightly figures on horses. Though I do like some others too, like Ifrit. He is cool in every FF game I've seen him in so far. I am yet to play every FF game, FFX included which I am playing at the moment, so I am sure there will still be many summons on the way I would love. I kind of thought Seymour's aeon was incredibly badass, that huge chained up creature with an eye for destruction.

. I kind of thought Seymour's aeon was incredibly badass, that huge chained up creature with an eye for destruction.

I love the joke. 'An eye for destruction', the summon was called Anima and to get it you had to get all the tresures in all the cloister of trails along the way to unlock the door to the Fayth in the bajj temple.

I'm giving my love to Shiva. She was the first Final Fantasy summon I saw and I love her element. Also she was quite useful in kicking ass with Squall on Final Fantasy VIII. I loved her animation in VII, VIII and X.

LET KICK SOME ICE!

I chose Diablos as my favorite gf. I mean who wouldn't like a demonic looking summon whose made from bats and launches a giant arse ball of doom at ya lol ^^
Go Diablos whoot

My favourite is Madeen from FFIX.
Cannot describe how awesome it is when Eiko starts playing her flute and you just see the words 'Terra Homing', you know they most awesome Eidolon/Esper/Aeon/GF is upon your enemies :D

My favorite summon is Diablos from FFVIII. I like the design and the colors that they used for this summon. Also I like his intro and his attack which fits perfectly with the name. He is one bad ass demon from the dark!

After having played FFX almost till the end now, I have to give a lot of love to Yojimbo. How awesome is he! He is pretty much the FFX's version of Odin as I see it - dark, stylish, and can kill things with one strike sometimes.

Probably Diablos from VIII,or Bahamut from IX. XII had awesome Esper animation too.

I always look forward to seeing Shivas in different games, they all have differences, but they're usually quite epic no matter what. :D

Shiva's also pretty smexy :3

^I agree. I think the same of Ifrit too (not the smexy part!). Ifrit in VIII and X look the coolest to me.

The Bahamut Zero one always #1 for me. Who wouldnt want to control a gigantic six winged dragon that orbits the planet and can shoot nukes out of its mouth! The gilgamesh Summoning in 8 was especially kickass. And the ifrit one in CC looked pretty dang intimidating. odin and KOTR are staple favorites

Last edited:
I love Shiva! Ice attacks are my favorite and just the overall grace, beauty, and elegance of her made her the best. Did a lot of dammage in FFX with her.

I always look forward to seeing Shivas in different games, they all have differences, but they're usually quite epic no matter what. :D

Shiva's also pretty smexy :3

I liked Shiva too, until the skank killed me in ffv while i was randomly exploring some waterfall.. Haven't been able to look at her the same way ever since..

so i will go with Anima or the guy with the bucket in ffxii.. He had the best limit break imo..

In general I like the ones present in FFX and FFXII. FFX because they are well detailed fully playable. FFXII because of the diversity and the way they are helpful in battle.

Shiva- Any version. I just think she's so pretty
Culchiann or whatever his name is from FFXII- I think he's quite funny
The Magus Sisters and Anima from FFX- I think they've got amazing detail

To me it depends entireley on the character, build, and battle strategy. I have to agree that I haven't found a good use for Ramuh or Ultros though... My top 5 are probably:

1. Odin
2. Deathgaze
3. Ifrit
4. Behemoth
5. Chocobo or Gilgamesh, to make battles interesting. :S

I put Odin as #1 because of how awesome it's been sometimes. I was facing off against Garland, who somehow got 9999 brave, then used demon wall to seal it. I got trapped in his Tsunami, and just before it finished me, I used Odin, which broke him through the wall, resulting in him doing 0 damage and giving me enough brave to finish him with my next move.

Shiva!! I love Shiva. All the way through the FF's!
Just think that she brings the femme fatale to the games! And Diamond Dust is always so pretty to watch! Even in 8!!

Hmm i'll have to go with Bahamut (unblockable), Cactuar (Hehe, he's a cactus!), Yojimbo(Unique & Briber! lol), Leviathan (Water Snake :) ), Doomtrain (Love the pain train!) and Carbuncle (CUTE!).

My favorite summon is the Ice Queen herself, Shiva! I really love how she is used and displayed during battle. Also, it never ceases to amaze me how she casts Diamond Dust so beautifully. It's mesmerizing.

Back