Favorite Summon?

I think Shiva just about wins for me. She's graceful AND powerfull - although that could just be because I accidentally levelled her up to 47ish in FFVIII whilst the others were at 10-20. Nevertheless, I loved watching her attack in X. There's something so simple and serene about Diamond Dust, yet the crash towards the end alludes to extreme power.

I also love Bahamaut (X), Leviathan (VIII), Valefor (X) and Ixion. :)

Bahamut. He has this tendency to be awesome in every game he's featured in. I loved him in IX, X, and Tactics especially.

Don't know if I've replied or not but anyway. I'm replaying X at the moment and had totally forgotten about Anima. Definitely my favourite. I mean, it's a
final Aeon, potentially more powerful then Sin.
And it's not just a summon, it has a back story,
it's the villain's mother and has a whole story as to why it ended up the way it did.
Quite a sad story but just makes me really like it. None of the other summons have proper back stories like that.

Xx..xX

I've been in love with Odin since I've known about Final Fantasy not just for his special move but for his overall style.. second has to be Bahamut then Shiva

My Fave summon was "Anima" It was an ep!c win after you went through all the trouble to get all the destruction sphere treasures <3 I dont know what you mean by "esper"?

-Sean :ken:
Espers are what the summons are called in VI and XII. Not sure if they're called that in any other FF but that's what they are :)

And I agree, Anima is awesome, definitely my favourite.

Xx..xX

It's a close one, but if I split it up into categories:

Favorite appearance would be Bahamut from FFX, especially the Dark version since the blue/black scheme works well. It doesn't have the most devastating animation for Mega Flare but the way the dragon anchors himself down and rotates the ring on his back is just awesome imo. My favorite summoning sequence would easily be Knights of the Round from FFVII. It's really, really long and excessive but it just screams epic. My favorite one gameplay-wise with would probably go to Alexander from FFXIII. He just seemed like a big guardian for my team who's willing to take all the hits coming our way.

Overall, if I had to pick only one, it'd probably be FFX Bahamut.

Even though he's never able to be used in the game, my favorite Eidolon by far is FFIX's Alexander. The FMV where he was introduced was so amazing. I remember going +____+ <333 and getting goosebumps the first time I saw him. Nevertheless, I've always found his design as a living machine castle to be on another level from all the other summons.

They all seem so cliche, whereas his has always been so, so, out there and bold in terms of design. It's a pity he doesn't get more spotlight instead of the whored out Bahamut. :sad2:

Absolute favourites are: VII - Hades - Because I liked dishing out status effects for a change!

VIII - Leviathan - Because that that Tidal Wave flying down onto the enemies still looks awesome.

IX - Ark - Because it's just pure power.

X - Yojimbo - Unique and emanated sheer menace.

Oh and I loved pretty much every incarnation of Bahamut.

FFX - Anima. I have never seen such a badass summon in my life. Not only is she ABSURDLY powerful, but she has one of the coolest designs ever... she's like the visual personification of pain. Also, I liked that she had a somewhat plot-relevant backstory, depressing as it was. Her Hymn of the Fayth makes me want to cry whenever I hear it <3

I'm also completely in love with Zalera from FFXII, because he's the most metal summon ever, hahahaha.

Back